Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Almost every game resource has a reference to Episode_1 folder/directory, so, I'm not even sure that the next game in Divinity universe will be "3" installment.

But! That makes sense. If you're played in D2 you have noticed already that we have just 3 middle-sized locations for exploration (I don't count Flying Fortress, since they are mostly copy$pasta locations and serves like the Battle Arena in BD; also, I ignore tiny & pale shadow of Aleroth), which is weird for such RPG. Right after we got a dragon form and our personal Fortress/Tower and ready to do epic things, to win battles... the game just ends up. Such short ending just left me confused and empty... until I didn't found a reference about Episode 1.

If it is a really just a first episode of the game - it explains why it is so short and, I assume, points @ possible episode 2 or, even, 3 :P

Also, here is the old screenshot which shows something interesting: Verdistis? :O Perhaps, the game content was much richer and episode cutting explains scanty/scarcity/whatever_its_spelled of ep1 represented by Divinity 2.

So, if someone has a thoughts/assumptions/information about the upcoming episode - do tell ;P

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
There is something with your screenshot дружок because it says I love AG.ru

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Fixed, lol.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I remember this screenshot; it's quite old... few months after Beyond Divinity was available I think (but I'm not completely sure). Maybe, at this time, the project was longer, but they changed their mind (because budget stuff or something like that). Is Larian Studio making a part-two with a trip at Verdistis? From what I heard about the strange ending (I try to avoid spoiler, but I understood it's unexpected), it's possible.

At least, I would very happy; I loved Verdistis!

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
old hand
old hand
That was a test screenshot. It was never stated that Verdistis will be in the game. At the time they were experimenting with the new game engine and learning how to use it. It was to give us an idea of what to expect.

Though like that famous Link and Ganondorf battle CGI film Nintendo released before the Wind Waker, we all assumed we'd see Verdistis when it was only a graphical demonstration of the new game play engine.

It is far more evident that a Divinity 3 will be released provided sales do well and I don't see why they wouldn't do well.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
That was a test screenshot.

You're correct... Perhaps (c)

It was never stated that Verdistis will be in the game.

Yes, but it was never stated that it doesn't. Actually, game was in development like almost 5 years and just 3 unique locations? C'mon.

we all assumed we'd see Verdistis when it was only a graphical demonstration of the new game play engine.

The fact that there is no Verdistis in the current episode 1 doesn't mean there is no such game content at all. Like for Episode 2.

It is far more evident that a Divinity 3 will be released provided sales do well and I don't see why they wouldn't do well.

I guess we will get the sequel in 2010, right after a year since Episode 1 release. What do we have here? Lessee... 3 unique locations for 5 years and some new (approx. 3 too) just for one year...
That the logical statement from your POV. Seriously, do you really believe in that? I'm not. Pretty sure we just got like a 40%-50% of the developed game content in Episode 1.

Last edited by Kein; 23/09/09 11:30 PM. Reason: oops
old hand
old hand
Where has it been stated about Divinity 3 being released in 2010? That would be rather awesome and sounds too good to be true.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I didn't said Divinity 3. I said "we will learn how the story ends in 2010" :P

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
I didn't said Divinity 3. I said "we will learn how the story ends in 2010" :P

Well you said there is going to be a sequel in 2010 (although that doesn't imply a Divinity 3). What is your source for that?

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kein

Actually, it's already well-know that sequel will be in 2010, right after a year since Episode 1 release. What do we have here? Lessee... 3 unique locations for 5 years and some new (approx. 3 too) just for one year...
That the logical statement from your POV. Seriously, do you really believe in that? I'm not. Pretty sure we just got like a 40%-50% of the developed game content in Episode 1.

Kein... look at your quote and what I've increased in size. Where did you get this information?

Last edited by LightningLockey; 23/09/09 09:03 PM.

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Fixed.
Better to forget what I said before, I shouldn't do that. Oh well, someone gonna slap me hard ;<

old hand
old hand
Nah, we don't slap people here. Just partially annihilate...

Larian released Beyond Divinity 2 years after Divinity: Sword of Lies (Divine Divinity) so I'd guess it be at least 2 years for Divinity 3. Can't rush things too much, but hopefully it won't be another 5 year wait.

I'm sure there has been some preliminary discussion on Divinity 3 for some time now.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 24/09/09 04:20 AM.

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Nah, we don't slap people here.

I didn't mean you or someone else from THIS forum ;P

Larian released Beyond Divinity 2 years after Divinity: Sword of Lies (Divine Divinity) so I'd guess it be at least 2 years for Divinity 3. Can't rush things too much, but hopefully it won't be another 5 year wait.

No, it will be 2010.
I guess :P

addict
addict
I'd guess there's probably be Divinity 2 Expansion before they even think of Divinity 3.

apprentice
apprentice
Pretty hard to expand on things, the way they look at the end, without making it really, really odd.

I must admit, despite loving the game - especially the first part before the tower - I was disappointed when the content seemed to dry up in the second half. Ya, there were still some interesting things to do, but it felt a lot less organic. I really hope they keep things more personal all the way through in whatever sequel may come. All that fortress action was a bit meh.

It really was like, "Yes! Finally! I'm ready now..." and then almost nothing, except for fortress raids and a few side quests on the mountain sides. Still, despite how negative that sounds, it took me several days to play through and was very enjoyable.

There's something about impaling foes with magic missiles and explosive arrows before they even know what hit them :>

Though i don`t know how the game ends, but i presume it ends with you reviving Ygerna - killing Damian. If so, that turns out to be an endless circle, i doubt Ygerna is immortal, so she`ll eventually die and revive Damian again, or she`ll just kill herself or whatnot. I`m guessing if there will be an Episode 2, wich i hope for very much, it could be about you traveling back in time to fight side by side with the Marked One/Divine One and prevent him from adopting Damian. Wich brings me an idea, the one that in D2:ED that murders the Divine One could in fact be you!(If there is time travel ofcourse)
There`s quite alot to talk about here, but i really wish for the traveling back to the past, that would be Epic.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD
it could be about you traveling back in time

Barely doubt. Actually, there was no time-travel in whole series and making such deus ex aspect in new episode will be... silly. Weak. Not a Larian style, even if admit that they are not so good @ plot part of the game.

apprentice
apprentice
Speculation is always fun, but rarely accurate smile

addict
addict
Do you know what would be awesome
if we could transfer our character form divinity 2 to divinity 3 rpg007

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
enthusiast
enthusiast
I doubt that's an option. The skill system and general balance would be screwed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard