Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So... I'm level 2, just came to Broken Valley, after jogging around and talking to the various people I get the quest to enter the Tomb -right away-.

So I go down there, and I'm having serious trouble. First monster I met, a level 4 skeleton, easily slaughtered me (having monsters attack just when you've zoned is a bad design decision btw). I managed to barely take it down after 4 tries (not to mention the hour of lost gameplay since last save)... Then I'm immediately attacked by two of them. No chance at all I can do that, so I go back up to the village and search every house, loot everything, mindread everyone, finally buying the best gear I can get. With a potion the two skeletons go down, not too hard. Then I meet the ghost I'm supposed to defeat (the quest). He's hitting me for 50-75% of my hitpoints. I can hardly fight him for 5 seconds, even with potions it's certain death.

So how did you guys do this? I'm at medium difficulty setting, and there's just no way at all I can defeat that ghost with my current abilities. I'm a warrior setup, using two swords. Level 2 as noted. Did I miss some very early quests?

stranger
stranger
I had problems there at first as well.

The simplest solution is just going outside of the village and do some quests, level up once or twice.
It's pretty much impossible to beat the main storyline without sidetracking every now and then.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Asherett
So... I'm level 2, just came to Broken Valley, after jogging around and talking to the various people I get the quest to enter the Tomb -right away-.

So I go down there, and I'm having serious trouble. First monster I met, a level 4 skeleton, easily slaughtered me (having monsters attack just when you've zoned is a bad design decision btw). I managed to barely take it down after 4 tries (not to mention the hour of lost gameplay since last save)... Then I'm immediately attacked by two of them. No chance at all I can do that, so I go back up to the village and search every house, loot everything, mindread everyone, finally buying the best gear I can get. With a potion the two skeletons go down, not too hard. Then I meet the ghost I'm supposed to defeat (the quest). He's hitting me for 50-75% of my hitpoints. I can hardly fight him for 5 seconds, even with potions it's certain death.

So how did you guys do this? I'm at medium difficulty setting, and there's just no way at all I can defeat that ghost with my current abilities. I'm a warrior setup, using two swords. Level 2 as noted. Did I miss some very early quests?

hmm
level 2
that is low
here you some advice
-kill everything on the map(deal with hard battle later)
-don"t mindread everyone)only important people:Richard)
-Finish all quests from broken valley

after that you will be level 6-7
and then go to dungeon

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Get a higher level first or better armor, do some side quests for exp, and kill all the goblins and so on.

There are many quests in the tavern, baracks, outside in the village, and also on the farm, just keep a good look out.

After getting lvl 4-5 stock up on hp potions or use my tutorial in this section the post where I asked if its allowed to mem alter wink.

Goodluck.

Don't play when you have a mushroom phobia! o.O xD
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Inelinc
Get a higher level first or better armor, do some side quests for exp, and kill all the goblins and so on.

There are many quests in the tavern, baracks, outside in the village, and also on the farm, just keep a good look out.

After getting lvl 4-5 stock up on hp potions or use my tutorial in this section the post where I asked if its allowed to mem alter wink.

Goodluck.

yap
but please don"t use cheats(Inelinc)
its not funny with them

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So, basically, what you're telling me is that this is just really crappy game design? I'm told to immediately run for an area that my character is clearly incapable of handling... So I should ignore this, and rather loaf around, doing odd jobs and grinding mobs. And this happens within an hour of gameplay. Really makes me wonder what Larians QA money went into. Thanks for the help tho.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Asherett
So, basically, what you're telling me is that this is just really crappy game design? I'm told to immediately run

agreed
and not

You were told to investigate town and find clue about dragon(and that was you chance to reach higher levels)
after that you need to immediately run to dungeon

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 05/11/09 12:57 PM.

I think their intention is for people to do more side quests rather then run through the game story in an hour and see more of the content that it brings.

I found it rather odd aswell to get sent on a mission I wasn't able to finish on my lvl 3 either, I managed to kill the skeletons as a mage, but the ghost down there was simply too hard.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
What their intention is isn't really that relevant (IMO) when you are told in character to go there immediately (or it could threaten your life/sanity). It's really silly that we have to metagame (go out of character) to realize we need to level up. I think this is simply bad writing for an RPG... There should be a level check on when you get that quest, and she should point you towards quests that would help you level up. (And BTW, I had totally missed the entire tavern ;))

Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Originally Posted by Inelinc

Goodluck.

yap
but please don"t use cheats(Inelinc)
its not funny with them

Matter of opinion wink

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
simples thing to do: do quests till lvl 4 (that would be like 2 or 3 quests) MAK SHURE you do the quest where you have to deliver the letter from a girl in jonson farm to the blacksmith it gives you a very nice wep you will probobly use till lvl 5 or 6, also before going to the boss try killing a lvl 4 goblin cheften. If you manage so stock up on pots/food and go for the ghoust, also remember that when you are in the fight to attack only him, not the skletons his attack are extreamly slow so you can get him down half hp before he even hits you if you play it out right

enthusiast
enthusiast
ghost isn't really that hard if you're not a warrior - it's pretty easy if you take him from range... with a warrior, what you do is hit him some, run away and quaff up, then come back and hit him some more, etc. That's how I did it.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
i did him at lvl 4 without using a single pot or food, you just have to invest in a 2h wepon

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard