Print Thread
#391197 07/11/09 01:43 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello,
Yesterday, I cleaned my computer and removed all games. Now, when I try to reinstall Divinity II, it say : The file couln't been found. Also, the games isnt installer anymore. There is no folders named Divinity II anymore. Does someone know how to reinstall it cause on the DVD, I only have the option : Play and Go on out website.

Thanks

Is your DVD copy of the game damaged in any way?
You said you cleaned your computer, does that mean wiped everything from it and reinstalled Windows?

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
veteran
veteran
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DTP\Divinity II - Ego Draconis

Remove the DTP section. After that - try to install the game again.

Support
Support

Did you use the uninstall program or add/remove programs control panel applet (or whatever MS renamed it to in Vista / Win 7)?

If you just deleted the D2:ED folder, it would have left the registry entry for the game, which could be why the DVD autoplay program only gives the options to play or visit the website.
If you are not comfortable editing the registry, as Kein suggested, exit out of the autoplay program (or hold the shift key down when inserting the disk to temporarily bypass the auto run feature), and then browse the DVD in Windows Explorer. I don't have the game to check, but in the root of the DVD there will be the autoplay ini/exe file, and there should be an install exe file as well (possibly called install.exe or setup.exe), which you should be able to use to re-install the game.

Welcome to the forum. wave

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello,
First, I removed the game with CCleaner (like the programs who remove programs offert by windows)
After, I deleted the Divinity II folder cause there was still a folder. I found a folder in Appdata and in C:/Users/NAME/Documents/ (on vista)
Finally, I deleted all key with Regedit.

It still don't work.
I reinstalled the game by another way, right click on the DVD, Explore and run the setup. Still don't work to install it on the same disk. I installed it on a double layer DVD, but the game is really slow with low graphics frown

Any other solution to install it on my disk ?

Support
Support

I reinstalled the game by another way, right click on the DVD, Explore and run the setup. Still don't work to install it on the same disk.

What do you mean it doesn't work to install on the same disk? Are you getting an error trying to install to the default folder? If so, what is it?

Try changing the install path to something else (like 'c:\games\Divinity 2' or something).

Do you have more than one hard drive / partition you could try?

I installed it on a double layer DVD, but the game is really slow with low graphics

So you can not install it to your hard drive, but could to another optical drive???

Can you copy the Divinity 2 folder from the DVD-R/RW disk to your hard drive, and then run the game from there?

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard