Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
I am very surprised that no-one is playing D2 yet..... its geing released today.... so whats the log wait for?

(just us poor english folk that has to wait)

Your existence alone, is excuse enough for the creation of the entire universe… Il you my darling Jeanne-Dré 
A
veteran
veteran
A
In the German forum section about div2 there is a lot of discussing ... The international release is said to be in September ... Fully patched, I guess ... *sighs*

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Yeahh we have to wait until September.
Not far away now though.

I'm currently not playing anything.
My xbox crapped out buying a new one this week.
I was playing Sacred 2 though!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
In the German forum section about div2 there is a lot of discussing ... The international release is said to be in September ... Fully patched, I guess ... *sighs*
They better release in september. Dragon age origins is coming this way in October and Bioware's PR will blow Larian out of the water.

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes, that's true.

But on the other hand, Dragon Age will not give the possibility to play as a dragon. wink

( I want a game to play as a Unicorn !!! delight )

Edit: Have you following the recent marketing campaign for Dragon Age ? I wonder which kind of customer group / target audience will pick up this "this is the new shit" stuff ?

At RPGWatch, there have been quite some discussions about it ...

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 02/08/09 06:42 PM.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
I saw a trailer last week. Seems like a goth dark game. And Bioware has the problem of only releasing hits :s

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
A
veteran
veteran
A
I'm really curious who will get this game, as their current marketing campaign is somewhat ... odd.

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
I'll get Dragon Age as long as the DRM isn't excessive - which means no online activation and definitely no limited installs.

Please click the banner...
old hand
old hand
It has also been announced that the retail version of Dragon Age will not utilize the SecuRom copy protection software used by other EA games, opting instead for a standard disc check.

Hope this helps a bit.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by isorun
It has also been announced that the retail version of Dragon Age will not utilize the SecuRom copy protection software used by other EA games, opting instead for a standard disc check.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks, Isorun smile

It does smile

Please click the banner...
addict
addict
I am currently playing Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir with my brother, and so far I find it impressive how much it changes the game.

The addition of a world map in which you can walk around and find hidden things and stumble on random encounters is nice, but my favorite new thing is the new dialogue system, now every character close to the npc the party is talking to has a chance to talk. If one of the characters has something special that can be said thanks to one of his skills you'll see a small bubble on his portrait, and you can simply change to that character and say whatever he has to say. The player creates his own party of adventurers, but it is still possible to hire henchmen.

Overall it's much closer to the pen&paper experience, and it's something I truly enjoy. The one big downside is that the old NWN2 interface is poor when it comes to controling a full party.

Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo
"Everything I encounter serves as the perfection of wisdom that leads to enlightenment."
stranger
stranger
Divine Divinity and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Both are great games. smile

stranger
stranger
Right at the moment I'm deeply in love with "Divinity II", so most of the time I use by my PC goes with playing it. But I like also "The Longest Journey" (I know it is old and the graphics are poor but still), "Dreamfall" and "Heroes of the Might and Magic V" (although I usually don't like the games with a lot of clicking with mouse). Oh yes, and I like "Drakan Order of the Flame" too, but it is so old my computer can't run it.

I love the games with lots of sword battles, dragons and beautiful landscapes. smile

A
veteran
veteran
A
King's Bounty : The Legend. smile

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
uncharted 2 and torchlight.
sometimes also some red alert 3, still need to finish it.

gonna buy Batman arkham asylum sometime soon as well

after that it'l be waiting for mass effect 2 and diablo III

Viper
veteran
veteran
Divinity II
Oblivion +mods
HL2 ep2
maybe L4D2 soon but have no diskspace!!! damn why can't steam let me install files on another disk ..

It's one of these days...
Support
Support

In Windows Vista/7 you can use symbolic links to point to a file/folder at a different location, which most programs will handle just like accessing the original file/folder. One of the examples in this howto article is having Steam games outside the Steam folder.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

In Windows Vista/7 you can use symbolic links to point to a file/folder at a different location, which most programs will handle just like accessing the original file/folder. One of the examples in this howto article is having Steam games outside the Steam folder.

Wait? so microsoft finally implemented what I've been using for years on *nix? just wow!

Thx for that btw, very helpful!

It's one of these days...
A
veteran
veteran
A
I think these "symbolic links" were already there in win experience points, but no-one actually used them, I think (although I'm not that sure) that I read in an article a while ago.

Bought "HOMM Complete" today for myself as a second belated birthday present (after King's Bounty). smile

--Dilbert cartoon

addict
addict
I am playing dragon age origins right now
beautiful game

I finished D2 long ago and I have no intention to play again
maybe for couple of months

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard