Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sonny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi all,

Do u know u can use mindread with almost any NPC in game not losing any XP? eek When u are talking with someone u can use numerical keys to choose an option from the list as everybody knows, and yesterday i accidentally pressed a number that not in the list (i pressed the number 3 when there are only 2 options to select) and the mindreading dialogue opened! Then with a few experiment i figure out how it works smile When u pressed the next number that not included in the list u can mindread any NPC. (for example if u have 4 options to talk then press number 5) i know this is a bug but cant resist to use this trick because u didnt lose any XP for mindreading! laugh But when u do this, after mindreading dialogue the conversation ends! Because of this u cant use this trick in a very few conditions, for example if u are going to take a quest after talking, conversation ends before u talk about the quest and therefore u cant take the quest anymore. And the mindreading button on the left when talking with someone, don't disappeared like it supposed to do. But away from that u can use this trick anywhere u want, it works like a charm. wink

if anybody wants to know, i am using 1.02 version of the game with language changer to play in english.

Support
Support

Cool trick. It will probably be patched by the time I get to play...

Welcome to the forum. wave

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think I did it by accident once with Hermosa, thought I didn't know how I did... Good job smile

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
veteran
veteran
I doubt it works like intended. For example, a gold bag of miller's daughter appears only after you have read her mind. But! It looks like this cheat-method don't trigger mindread script at all, so, I guess, there will be no golden bug. Same applies for all mindread-related events.

That's an assumption ofc, it need to be tested.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
lets hope when you do that an item that should be generated ..is generated :P

Sonny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
i have just used this trick on Lovis and he opened his chest for me. (The chest on his right, u can only get access to it via mindread) In addition all the traders lovered their prices with this trick and i can opened Locke's talking wagon. laugh

I always save my game just before talking with someone and try the normal mindreading and look for what happened after that. Later i load and try my trick this time, then go and check if it worked or not. So far it worked as it supposed to do with me. But as i said before sometimes u can corrupt your quest, because when u use this trick it ends your conversation before talking all of the options. And sometimes immediately after the talk u start to fight and have to kill that NPC, so u can never talk with them again. But away from that it works like a charm. wink

I hope this information can be helpful for all of u. hehe

Guess you could use this until you get all of your skill room upgrades in the battletower, you can get mindreading lvl 15, and then everything costs 0 exp also wink or keep using this and save 15 points hehe.

Don't play when you have a mushroom phobia! o.O xD
I
stranger
stranger
I
Will not work for me, just a clicking noise and then nothing.

Sonny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Maybe u are using a different version of the game, at least i know it is working with v1.02 patch.

And for new examples;

I am on sentinel island now, and used this trick on the candidates for battle tower. It has worked and all the people are added to the list in my quest log for "The mind of..." quest. And i can take skill points from the hovering wooden girl (soul of the island) smile

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
It doesn't work with the English version of the game. (the one that is supposed to be released on the 20th but some people have gotten early)

stranger
stranger
what do you meen with take skill points from soul of the island?

btw could some1 tell me what the max lvl in the game is?

Mindread the Island, that woman that appears in front of you after you get on Sentinel Island, you get skill points.
Max level is prolly 40.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
how is this NOT A CHEAT...
Actually it is the worst kind of cheat, it is a bug exploit that is KNOWN to cause game corruption and show stopping.

Last edited by taltamir; 16/11/09 10:25 PM.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Why in the world would you get Mindread lvl 15? 15 skillpoints for maybe 2 levels of xp?
just mindread the important people and you get enough skill and stat boosts to make up for mindreading everyone in the entire game.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I got mindread 10, ill get 15 when I need it... you can keep a few key skills maxed out and not really need the rest even while maxing MR.

also, those 2 levels count at the end because you can use trainer to reassign all points.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I finished the game at lvl 34. I've seen some people have lvl 41... Those two levels don't mean much at all. It's true that you can respec at the end, but this is not an MMO... at the end, the game is over... who cares about your two levels then? The credits?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
"Level" counts way too much in this game...
I tried to face stone (level 28 boss) at level 26... he charged me for 300 damage every time, leaving me stunned and at less than 5% health, then he will finish me off with a second hit... Once I managed to beat him by immidiately going invis (load until i get it off in time), run away, blast with magic missile, and use potions to health the damage from his magic missiles... but I decided not to follow, i reloaded, retreated, and went to do some other quests...

If I snuck near him while invisible and hit him with my wall of fire, it did practically no damage, and he still killed me in two normal hits.

When I came back I was level 31. I had gotten one extra rank of magic missle that doubled its damage. But that wasn't really the issue, I just walked up to him... his charge attack did insignificant damage which I healed almost as fast as he was hitting me, and did not stun me. The arena was a joke, I was using firewall to drop everyone and they were not able to hurt me... (speaking of, goblins have been doing 0 damage per hit for several levels now)..

This is not the first time I noticed how significant LEVEL is... Level seems to be the KEY to victory over anyone... your skills matter little. If they are higher level you will be slaughtered, if they are lower level they are harmless... It might seem crazy to "waste" 15 skill points on wisdom, that can mean another "combat" useful ability maxed out... but those don't seem to matter nearly as much as another 2 levels by the end of the game (actually you will only waste 13 skill points, because you get 2 extra from those 2 extra levels you gain... so total is -15 points used +2 gained from skill = 13 used up total by skill)

I do however now think that mind reading is not a good place for those skills... by level 31 I have 1.2 MILLION XP. Every monster gives thousands of XP per kill... and the very difficult reads are still 2000XP while the useless ones are still ~30... sometimes a 100XP. (and you can just pass on those anyways...)

So WISDOM is a better investment than mindread... and is a better investment than any other skill, since your skill doesn't matter as much as your LEVEL when facing enemies.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Were you wearing the same armor and have the same resistances?

Some bosses are more resistant to some things. Also keep in mind that lvl 26 - lvl 31 is an EXTREME difference. That's five levels. That's also 20 attribute points, and at least 5 skill points. Also a big difference in gear.

It's much much more than just levels.

And wisdom is not a good investment. Not using 10 skill points to win a level is just silly. I'll battle you at one level less when we're both with a melee build and summon demon at level 10, it won't be a contest.

Always fun to see mages expect to one-shot people AND be as resistant to damage as a warrior.

It's called L2P.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I was wearing the same armor and equipment, I gained those levels by systematically taking out kiras fortress, I also had put those skill points into offensive spells (and the problem was how much damage I was taking), I put 10 skill points into int (maxing it out), 4 into vitality, and 6 into STR.
I highly doubt that is what made the difference here.

I did L2P, I learned that 2 levels under = reload a lot, 3 levels over = can't touch me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Again, what were your resistances, both at lvl 26 and at lvl 31?

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard