Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
After seeing a lot of people are having the same kind of issues I've decided to post my solution. My problem was that after picking a class and trying to leave the first village i got an infinite loading screen, I fixed this but I was left with unplayable stuttering. My fix will only work for people with my exact problem as I've read around and found people with the same problem but slightly different takes on it.

INFINITE LOADING
To fix the loading I changed the properties in the shortcut to run the game in Windows XP service pack 2 and disabled desktop composition. I then ran the game, picked my class, left the first town and then saved after the load. The I changed back the compatibility options and it works fine, loads are instant. If I get infinite loading in the future I'll repeat the process.

STUTTERING
This only really started after I left the first island after picking my class. My laptop is Alienware and an absolute beast, extreme/low graphics makes no difference. I disabled CrossfireX on my dual graphics cards in the ATI catalyst control center and its now perfectly smooth to play.

OTHER INFINITE LOAD PROBLEMS PEOPLE HAVE SUFFERED
None of these issues have effected me but I'll briefly note them if people are struggling.

If you get infinite loading screens right after character creation you have a problem with the chat text files. This often comes from the german version using english subs. Find in the forum the topic about editing your registry and files to switch to english US rather than english UK.

Please be aware all my problems are sorted now, I post this to help other people so please don't post any questions conerning it. I hope it helps. If it does someone sticky it.

(PS english version, english subtitles, Intel Core Quad Q9000, dual 512mb ati mobility radeon 3870)

EDIT: I'm also using a NoCD crack and it still runs smoothly.

Last edited by Archonius; 20/11/09 01:25 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks Archonius. It worked for me too. I followed your instructions and the loading screen stopped. Tried some of the other fixes that were suggested in this forum but they did not work for me. I was pulling my hair out until I tried your suggestion. Thanks again.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
ahhh im still getting the infinite load screens. im using a no cd crack also and i did what you said and im still getting them.

stranger
stranger
I got this damn "eternal loading" problem just a few seconds ago.

Let me say:
1-All driver are up-to-date
2-I don't use any no-cd/no-dvd/no-whatever
3-I've tried all the solution above.
4-I've tried the "registry" solution, but my language is fine.

So, please, someone (Dev, are you here?) relase a downloadable patch!
Buy a game that doesn't work is really, really, really bad.

TNX.

Last edited by Arlissa; 19/12/09 10:43 PM.

With time wisdom come, then with time mind fade and wisdom vane.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard