Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
stranger
ok i'll try those to smile. Gotta say magic damage is nice :P 1 firewall and bye bye enemies :p

old hand
old hand
Magic Blast is awesome. It's very similar to KOTOR 2's "Force Crush" power.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
my character is a pure warrior with only healing magic. i like it though. like a paladin.

my stats distribution is not that specific. but in the end at level 34, all damages i received is 0.

the dead bosses at the hall of echoes gives me around 8-13 of damage out of my 600 hp. only the divine pose a threat.

my favourite skill - jump attack. lol.

i just put my stat points so that my armor ratings/resistance for all types becomes 50% or more. my condition 70%, my reflex 75%( can't get any higher...) my will, only 42%. lol.

my weapon(unique 2 handed blade) crit chance is 21% plus a lvl 13 death blow which adds critical chance of 24% i think. so, lots o crit.

i jump attack my way until the end of the game. headbanging

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Zu10
my character is a pure warrior with only healing magic. i like it though. like a paladin.

my stats distribution is not that specific. but in the end at level 34, all damages i received is 0.

the dead bosses at the hall of echoes gives me around 8-13 of damage out of my 600 hp. only the divine pose a threat.

my favourite skill - jump attack. lol.

i just put my stat points so that my armor ratings/resistance for all types becomes 50% or more. my condition 70%, my reflex 75%( can't get any higher...) my will, only 42%. lol.

my weapon(unique 2 handed blade) crit chance is 21% plus a lvl 13 death blow which adds critical chance of 24% i think. so, lots o crit.

i jump attack my way until the end of the game. headbanging

Mind looking up your specific stats? I'm rather curious wink

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
how do u post an image? sorry but i'm a beginner in posting. never postee stuff with pics. silly

showing u is better than tellin u.

Last edited by Zu10; 15/11/09 01:47 AM.
Upload the image on imageshack.us and copy paste the link to the full image like this:
[ img]image link[/img ]
remove the spaces betwean brackets and img part.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5664/mychark.png

i just put the url for u guys. thnx for the tutorial. the stats is more or less the same like i posted before. can't remener that well anyway. huhu. and i'm lvl 35, not 34.

Last edited by Zu10; 15/11/09 12:29 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
yeikes! i just love your sword!

Fuer grissa ost drauka!

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
bow TQ2. huhu. got it from ba'al. the overgrown demon do crap great items. devil

Last edited by Zu10; 15/11/09 11:30 AM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Wow, I just respeced. I maxed out magic missle and damn does it do damage, I had maxed out int (all points to int), with an int of 60 and using dual weilding of magic weapons (90% damage from magic, gains damage bonus from int), and I had points in two weapon fighting...

Well, anyways, magic missile does SIX TIMES the damage. its unbelievable...
I still have a maxed out ghost to heal me and my pet to tank.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Game is easy for a DW Warrior. I did it with maxing out DW(13), Regenerate(11), Life Leech(10 or so), Lockpick(5) and Whirlwind(6). Game was a breeze(on medium). Stats went into Vitality/Strength, at a 40/60 ratio. Only trouble I had was Ministry, where you have to protect Zandalor. Put some skill points into summon demon and that was easy too.

Never needed potions later in the game, cept last fight.

Raze was easy too, you just pin him to the wall. There are some convenient little corners in that room. If you don't succeed in that, fight him till he turns around, then make sure you flip the switch before he can regenerate. It's not hard, just takes some timing. I shrugged off his summoned thingies, they couldn't hurt me anyways, and standing near me, they only blocked his way, which was good for me.

Personally, I think it'd be easier still for Twohander Warriors. Always strikes me as more powerful as DW. But I just prefer DW. Only annoying thing for me was Rangers. Kept stunning me and running away. Really annoying.

Also, don't make great weapons quest items, guys. Barbabus' mace was the best weapon I found. Turned in his quest and found myself without a main hander. Had to buy one.

Was a little disappointed in weapons. Lack of good 1h swords. And Intelligence requirements? On swords? I had one legendary sword, gave a bonus to spirit and intelligence, and I never used spirit or intelligence. :-/ All the armor sets (which were great btw, wish there'd been more) had 2handers as a weapon, no 1handers.

Last edited by swordscythe; 17/11/09 05:43 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
of course, I should have thought of that old trick...
STR gives you health regen, vitality gives you more health to regen (and regen is a percentage so, faster regen?) and you regeneration skill gives regen... so all together you have tons of health and heal too fast for the enemies to kill...

that is a pretty good sounding tactic.

old hand
old hand
Best one-handed sword is Myrthos, but if you picked Hermosa you have to give it up. When I dual-wielded, I used Laiken's word until the end... along with a weapon from the end of Bellegar's Dungeon of moral choices.

Mage, imo, is more fun. I entered the sigil mine at level 33 and all those level 27 black ring fighters couldn't even hurt me... and I cleared entire rooms with one fireball.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Haha, yeah, Myrthos had really good stats, but I wanted to get rid of it immediately, cause it just looked really bad. It was like one of those enchanted weapons in Morrowind, had the whole uncomfortable purple toy-glow thing going on.

Only ugly weapon I found in the game, really.

Last edited by swordscythe; 18/11/09 09:45 AM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by virumor
Best one-handed sword is Myrthos, but if you picked Hermosa you have to give it up. When I dual-wielded, I used Laiken's word until the end... along with a weapon from the end of Bellegar's Dungeon of moral choices.

Mage, imo, is more fun. I entered the sigil mine at level 33 and all those level 27 black ring fighters couldn't even hurt me... and I cleared entire rooms with one fireball.

that is due to level differences.. I tried stone (level 28 boss) at level 26, he killed me in 2 hits every time... I managed to eventually beat him but I reloaded before our fight and went away to level... came back at level 31... he couldn't really hurt me anymore since I was too high a level for him...

Mage, warrior, doesn't matter... its your level that counts.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

And for every 1 dexterity, you get 1% more chance of doing critical damage.

Umm, sorry? As Greever said it is not a chance, but a damage percentage:

Originally Posted by Greever
Very nice guide. You're mostly correct on the numbers.

To help you out let me inform you about Heightened Reflexes.
A critical does 1,5 times damage.
On top of that add your heightened reflex in % to that damage.

So a normal hit of 100 damage will do 150 if critical and 225 if your heightened reflexes is 50%.

Also on your comparison of the different weaponconfigurations, do not forget the animation speeds.
Unarmed does a lot more hits in 10 seconds than for instance a twohander.

Keep up the good work!

Greever

Or did I miss something?

veteran
veteran
Very nice discussion here wink

I personally prefer to variation and combine races with each other.

Only warrior is for me at fisrt time fun, but later on boring .. so I try now new things like Magic Missile and Ranger Stealth. But for now, I'm only a L 13 (beginning with 'My fisrt sword'), but I go in Farglow for much training, also with bow and as a wizard ... I love it when I can suprise enemies with my bow grin ...

I found it very amusing to read whole this topic! It's very interesting to see how many possiblities there are for playing Divinity II & become powerful enough on the end of the game!
That also very good and that's the reason I like Divinity II very much!!
A very good replayability I found !! Also with the diferent Quests-solutions, because I love the Quests!!

I will find for myself a nice & fine combination of warrior/ranger/mage/priest/dragon slayer - skills
(and later on Dragon Skills - how about this??)

AND search my way which Stats (Vit, Spi, Str, Dex, Int) I will prefer set more points in it.
Today, I go for Str, Dext in the beginning of D II ..later on I go for more Int.

So I can read on this topic a few times again, Intelligence is more powerfull that I mean to know before I read whole topic ! I go for it and explore many things again and again grin

Thanks to Larian for this fantastic game & nice forum claphands

Last edited by Joram; 02/12/09 12:01 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
I must say, my strategy, for me, works fine smile .

My favorite pasive skills in battle are:
1) "Stealth" (Ranger) give me more "sight"! Very good to see an enemie (the most of them) BEFORE they see me!
2) "Confusion" (Mage) give me "more time" to change between Magic Missile and using the bow :
while enemies are confusted when I attack they with a spell (most of all Magic Missile), I begin shooting with my bow (a very good on this moment!) and change whole time between bow and MM-spell laugh , but, if the enemies coms to close (some are very fast runners!),
3) I use skill "Wirlwind" and run a little away if to much enemies surrounds me or an enimy is to strong for only slash him with a sword or mace/hammer/axe ...
4)also the skill "Destruction" give my spells more damage!

My active skills I used most are on this moment:
1)Magic Missile, 3 points in it
2)Summon Undead, 1 point (give me also more time because of enemies attack first or also the undead)
3)Fireball, but not so much, 1 point
4)Magic Blast, 2 points

And I try to make my equipment whole time better and also search for good enchantments and charms.

Furthermore I forget probable things to say ... continued wink

A question:
who used "potions" for 180 sec more Strength or more Dextery or more Resistance? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I love theese kind of threads! thanks for the info fougere, this is excactly what I was looking for. I hope you will soon update it as you said you didn't even finish the game, so im looking forwoard to it smile

veteran
veteran
Yeah laugh Magic Blast is very powerful! Fire wall too!
I combine Mageskills with Ranger (use frequently a bow!) and Warrior, to put a end on the enimies when I have them alsmost killed with magic or my bow! And if enemies surrounded me I take a melee weapon to put an end on all foulish Damned One followers grin ...

Unarmed expertise is also a funny skill to try laugh !

Next time I begin D II, I would try for a good strong warrior .... look if it is possible..?

But I think a "combination" is always much better because of differnet enemies!
Some enemies kill from afar is much better, other enemies (like some mages!) are weaker (less armor than warriors), so I jump to them and kill them with melee attack faster than with bow or magic!

Most of the time I first kill the "warrior - enemies" from afar with bow or magic, except if there is also a "healer"! A healer I try to kill them first! Also the same with a "summoner - enemie" ...

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard