Page 1 of 2 1 2
#394469 03/12/09 03:08 PM
F
favste Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
how defeated general Raze? I disarm the cells rigenerl, but continuous to be regenerated

old hand
old hand
Just kill him fast enough.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
You can’t disable regeneration permanently. I think you have about 15 seconds to kill him

enthusiast
enthusiast
Wear him down is also a solution, if you can afford him (thanks to potions and ghost, for me). I hit him with my bow from the front of the active regenerator and I let the zomby going on me. After a moment, his mobs blocked the access and "bye bye, Raze!"

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
enthusiast
enthusiast
Pin him. Surround him with summoned creatures, so he can't run away. Raze is not smart enough to jump, so if he turns around, you can just use active pause and disable the regenerator before he reaches it. It's easy. If you're melee, you can also pin him to a wall, he can't run away then either.

Just remember: if he does turn around and heads for a regenerator, activate pause immediately, then jump over the summons and pull the lever before he enters the regenerator. You're faster than him, so it shouldn't be a problem.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Heres how I defeated this annoyingly pain in the butt coward.

I summoned both my Creature as well as my maxed out level 5 Demon. I think its important to note precisely how my Creature wss constructed because it played a part in how I defeated him. I chose to assign the Creature to be a high level ghoul(using a Perfect condition Ghoul head), the reason for this was that it has the battle skill Fatality. This will allow the creature to score an instant deathblow on the General if you can be lucky enough to get his health low enough for it to be effective.

I first made sure to get the General stuck a bit as far from the teleportsrs as I could,deactivated the one closest to him then I merely set my Demon and Creature to be near the General by clearing out most of the summoned skeletal soldiers around him. I have noticed once the Creature, or even any other summoned minion gets a target on a opponent they tend to stick with that one till dead or you move off. Once I saw they both were clearly keeping him busy. I proceeded to whittle down his health to just above 50% since he does let it go down a bit before he runs off.

As soon as he was at this point, I quickly dashed around and switched off the Regenerator closest to him and then positioned myself between him and the active one. I also immediatly created a new save slot, so that I wouldnt have to repeat the pattern over and over, when I could simply reload.

I then proceeded to spam attack the poor General with Magic Missile, btw also fully upgraded to level 10. and it pushed him beneath the threshold of his cowardice making him run away. I continued spamming as fast as I could, and waited for the Creature to be chasing him and finish him off with Fatality move.

I admit it took 2-3 tries before everything worked out righr, but indeed it did. One dead Dude!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I guess there are countless ways to defeat him...
I just opened with Fireball, then let him chase me around to shut down a heal station, then i unloaded Magic Missile and by the time he started to run for the other station Fireball was back up and i fried him to a crispy crunch!! My creature was firing lvl 7 Magic Missile and Magic Blast at him also.....Magic Blast tends to have somewhat of a knockback effect also... rpg007

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
stranger
stranger
Once I realized what he was doing I stood by the lever but left it on. When he got to aroung 20% health he started running for it. I THEN turned it off and he had to turn around and head for the other one. That gave me just enough time to get that last shot in to kill him. My summoned pets go where they please and could never block him so this is an alternate strategy if you are not strong enough to just kill him outright. I am level 30 by the way.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I have to say I am finding this an extremely frustrating fight. I'm level 32, and can't keep him from healing, and can't kill him fast enough. I utterly despise the fact that a game where you can depend on careful thinking and strategy suddenly devolves into one of having fast reflexes, and constantly re-loading saves until you get it right. I might add, I felt exactly the same way about the Mario-Brothers jumping puzzles.

I don't want to try, try, try again until I discover the trick. It's not fun, it's frustrating.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I finally beat him, but by sheer luck. Standing in his way, pinning him in with summons, and trying to race him to the switch ... none of them work in DKS, at least the current Steam version. He actually just warps to the open healer. No chance of heading him off, one second he is in front of you fighting, next you get the cut scene of him healing, and nothing in between. I resorted to guessing which healer he would head to, then running there and shutting it off before he tried to use it. Needless to say, I was wrong most of the time and he either went the other way or simply warped to the one that was still on. I eventually got lucky and guessed right twice in a row, which game me the time to finish him. And at level 32 he really ought to have been a pushover. Even the 20 or so summons left over after he died were no real problem, just the unstoppable heals.

I don't care what anyone says, this is simply bad design. There ought to be a strategic way to fight him.

apprentice
apprentice
Ah the good times Switch guy. Rather easy, but not until I figured out that he just kept switching it back, dirty little rat. My archer hero made minced meat of his ever-summoning guards, explosive arrows in small quarters, but I kept seeing him up his life..so I stopped worrying about the summons. Which to my surprise essentially bogged them down in their own corners, to agro them I HAD to shoot them, so I left them alone and concentrated on Raze, once he was down to 20% or so I spammed my "e" key until he tried to use the lever.
Well after that he just stood there..sad boss indeed.

happy hunting rpg008

A
Art Offline
stranger
stranger
A
Playing in FOV add on from start of game. IN prior games, before FOV, I usually had a melee character and would usually pound Raze down.
Now I have archer: At lvel 29 with a creature and demon I looked for swithes many of you talk about but could not find them. Soo, going to a prior save with the same archer went on to other fortresses. At level 32 there is practically no xp involved. I just want the cuirass he has for my enchanter. But, no matter how I vary the mix of attacks, because you can not use the same type of arrow, exploding, or wall of flame, over and over, he would zoom to the healer every time he got to about half health. I would try to use stun arrow about then which is supposed to be good for seven seconds but he seems to ignore it. Exploding arrow does not kill him even at 10 level.

So, I looked for a lever or switch in the booths Raze goes into. I did not find one so could not turn the heal function off. Where is the switch or button or lever? What does it look like? Is there one in each booth and if not, is it a bug problem. I think I will try a different game for a while as I do want the best armor when I get to vengeance part. All help will be greatly appreciated as this is too frustrating for me. I could create another melee i guess but want to use archer for a bit.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Hey all... I'm a level 32 with level 13 Fire Ball and level 5 Thousand Strike... My Raze does the same where he just disappears into the healing chamber... No chance of pinning him to a wall or stuff like that... I didn't take any summons other than my Creature who is also Melee based. I don't know where you guys get the strong ass attacks as my level 13 fire ball does not do enough damage to kill him as he drops to round about the amount of life where he usually disappears. I played the guessing game as mentioned above but I'm always to late... The disappearance and little video that has him healed is pretty instantaneous and I can’t predict as he doesn’t go for the healer earlier than that. Also there is no 15 second gap thing... He teleports about every 4 seconds which is how long it takes to get him to about 30 – 40 percent of his life...
Is there some kind of fix or patch or cheats if the need be??? Been spending a lot of time on this useless idiot which takes me 4 seconds to get onto 30 – 40 percent of life... Soooo.... Any help? Maybe? Please? PLEASE???

Support
Support

You can visit your necromancer platform and see if you have a ranger or mage head you could try with your creature. Leveling early in the fjords, before heading to Sentinel Island, I found my creature much more helpful trying to take out some imps with a level 2 ranger head than he was with a level 6 warrior head (I switched to a mage head as soon as I found one).

Did you try standing inside one of the healing chambers? That should block his access, and force him to run for the opposite chamber.

If you wait awhile and avoid combat, do summoned walking armours build up enough to help slow or block Raze's movements?

A belated welcome to the forum. wave

journeyman
journeyman
very easy this guy .

flip the two levers then use magic blast him (max the skill to 10)
then give him you final blow with a bow or sword
use your creature to keep the other enemy's raze summons destracted

I'm not God, but I'm close
stranger
stranger
This must be the most retarded boss fight i've have ever seen.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Big bump - you got that right!

Support
Support

As mentioned above, there were exploits in the D2:ED release that could make this a trivial fight. Changes were made for DKS / D2:DC.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I do seem to recall he was less bothersome in ED; I didn't use exploits but he wasn't quite so disagreeable to deal with.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I'm a bit calmer now smile

I suppose my long question list is what Raze was referring to when he said "above". Once he turns to go, within a second, General Raze (this is a bit awkward with both Raze and his game namesake here :)) is in the chamber - nearly a warp. By the time the camera angle can be corrected, it's too late. You can't jump over the summons as they are too close (you just jump straight up). I'll read my frustration list (I think there was a reply) then try again. By the way, I did try camping but he just stayed back and shot missiles at me. He fights in the middle so he gets to the chambers long before I can get to a lever. I know this isn't needed to win the game but I like to see how things are different - what getting that piece of armor really does for my platform.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard