I'm playing as a warrior.
Im level 6 and have 21 points to spend.
What should I put points into?
Should I make all of them equal?

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
As a warrior, you need to combine warrior skills with skills from other categories. Also there are some choices u absolutely have to make.

U have to pick lockpick up to 5. (gradually)

Forget mindreading, and forget wisdom. U get some trinkets as well that can boost and enable these skills when u have to. (Later on u may even be able to liberate 1 point in mindreading to use it elsewhere, and mindread with the help of a trinket that u put on when u have to). Same goes for wisdom, but u really don't need it if u play through the side quests. Also, at later stages, you won't be able to go much more than level 35 if at all. There are few people u need to mindread in the game, the reductions in xp cost are puny, and u get more than enough xp, etc. If u get too high level, the enemies cant hurt u at all! not even one hitpoint, and they only need to be a couple opf levels below you.

Forget encumbrance, just sell ur stuff, don't be a hoarder.

WIth the skillpoints u get from mindreading and quests u might gt in total 40-45.

This means u have only space for 4 skills to the maximum of 10 (incraesed from 5 later on in the game), and if u wanna hurt a highlevel character u have to do with it a powerful skill.

Must start by maxing out dual wield or one-handed. A must. Dual wield is rally for mages, so go for one-handed - fancier weapons.

At first invent a point in hideinshadows to sneak up on enemy and polymorph to turn enemies into butterflies (very useful against bosses), but u may as well wait for trinkets that do that.

In the middle of the game u will have a chance to rearrange ur skillpoints. So u have some freedom.

Regenerate - automatic health recovery. As a warrior u will be stuck a lot of times waiting for your health to regenerate, either speed it up or endure it. Ur choice.

At first u will have to invest in the lower warrior skills (in the skills treee) but later, u will need to reassign all the points u have into the highest skills - such as thousand strikes and battle rage.

To be honest, warrior skills are a bit of a mess, only whirlwind and battle rage, and thousand strikes and regenerate make any sense really.

If things get tough, get backup from ur creature. But (not sure) I think creatures and summoned ones steal your experience.

Overall, as a warrior, it's going to be tough.

For more guidance - game maps, walkthrough, faq - http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityiiegodraconis/guide.asp?ID=8297.

If u r still stuck - use the forum.

Last edited by Laiv; 27/12/09 07:13 PM.
old hand
old hand
In the beginning of the game, just put points in lockpick & main damage skill.

Later, raise Regenerate & Life Leech as high as possible, and win the game.

Bleed & Reflect are nice too, but not essential. I put as much points in passive skills as possible, since all active skills seemed worthless (aside from Fatality).

Last edited by virumor; 27/12/09 07:19 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I mean add points into Status(As Larian Call It) to increase strength and so on.
I'll think about Skills afterwards!

What should I invest into.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Mainly Strength and Vitality I would have thought.

You'll probably need to invest in others to boost some defense, meet any reqs, etc, though.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Laiv
As a warrior, you need to combine warrior skills with skills from other categories. Also there are some choices u absolutely have to make.

U have to pick lockpick up to 5. (gradually)

Forget mindreading, and forget wisdom. U get some trinkets as well that can boost and enable these skills when u have to. (Later on u may even be able to liberate 1 point in mindreading to use it elsewhere, and mindread with the help of a trinket that u put on when u have to). Same goes for wisdom, but u really don't need it if u play through the side quests. Also, at later stages, you won't be able to go much more than level 35 if at all. There are few people u need to mindread in the game, the reductions in xp cost are puny, and u get more than enough xp, etc. If u get too high level, the enemies cant hurt u at all! not even one hitpoint, and they only need to be a couple opf levels below you.

Forget encumbrance, just sell ur stuff, don't be a hoarder.

WIth the skillpoints u get from mindreading and quests u might gt in total 40-45.

This means u have only space for 4 skills to the maximum of 10 (incraesed from 5 later on in the game), and if u wanna hurt a highlevel character u have to do with it a powerful skill.

Must start by maxing out dual wield or one-handed. A must. Dual wield is rally for mages, so go for one-handed - fancier weapons.

At first invent a point in hideinshadows to sneak up on enemy and polymorph to turn enemies into butterflies (very useful against bosses), but u may as well wait for trinkets that do that.

In the middle of the game u will have a chance to rearrange ur skillpoints. So u have some freedom.

Regenerate - automatic health recovery. As a warrior u will be stuck a lot of times waiting for your health to regenerate, either speed it up or endure it. Ur choice.

At first u will have to invest in the lower warrior skills (in the skills treee) but later, u will need to reassign all the points u have into the highest skills - such as thousand strikes and battle rage.

To be honest, warrior skills are a bit of a mess, only whirlwind and battle rage, and thousand strikes and regenerate make any sense really.

If things get tough, get backup from ur creature. But (not sure) I think creatures and summoned ones steal your experience.

Overall, as a warrior, it's going to be tough.

For more guidance - game maps, walkthrough, faq - http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityiiegodraconis/guide.asp?ID=8297.

If u r still stuck - use the forum.

I dont know where you get the impression of dual wield is for mage and warrior using 1 handed weapon. For max damage output, majority warrior will go either dual wield or 2 handed weapon, as 1 handed or weapon with shield damage is relatively low compare to dual wield or 2 handed. Dual wield provided a very stable damage output, even though not as high as compare 2 handed weapon. 2 handed weapon had a lower min damage but higher max damage, so the damage output might be very inconsistent. Dual wield also provide the advantages for enchantment and charm slot, which prove very useful in the late game. Gears drop by baal had 3 enchantment slots, with 2 of it, you get total of 6 enchantment slots.

As for skills, I will encourage the use of skills which convenient to one play style. But skill investment in warrior majority will go over to passive skill over active skill, which from my own experience.

Divinegamer: For your current level, actually not much advice on stats points investment. Upgrade the stats accordingly to use the best weapon/armor you can find for now. As for stamina and spirit, only invest on them if you feel that you always running out of mana or die alot in fight due to low hp. During my early days, I usually pull mobs out slowly instead of charging in a big group blindly to get slaughtered. In later games, you can scout for accessories like rings and etc to increase your hp and mana pool. If you lucky you can get +200 mana/hp accessories from merchant later. Do remember that, skill points can be reseted later once you obtain battle tower, but not stats point. So invest your points wisely according to your play style. And to ease your battle, try get your necromancer pet as soon as possible, cause the pet really help a lot compare to spell summons.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I don't even have good armour money is really tough...
I've just reached the second part of Broken Valley
Those Skeleton Minions are giving me a run for my money.
I was gonna make all the status skills have 7 in them but its probably a stupid Idea.

I'm really no good at making decent characters I always mess them up badly.

old hand
old hand
It is usually tough where just start entering the 2nd part of broken valley. Try build up some level by killing mob around. Bout those skeletons outside lovis tower, I approach them when having roughly level equal to their level. There is 2 entrance to lovis tower, one which require a lot climbing. I usually climb up to higher area and kill those skeleton below with bow 1 by 1. Pretty easy like that. Just think of any tactics or way which you can use. It shouldnt be too hard after all.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I've killed everything in the first part of BV.
So I have to go that way to get into that area.
Thats where I get met with the Skeletons.
I still dunno what to put my points into, I'll read the descriptions then decide accordingly I'll probably mess it up though smirk

enthusiast
enthusiast
In Broken Valley if you stay on the path (same direction the troll is) and pick off Bandits you'll soon come across a trap door that leads to an underground tunnel network (found in a camp) that's a good place to level up and one of your bounties is down there aswell.

You can also access it by crossing the river and going back on yourself towards the first part of Broken Valley. You'll find a few goblins on the way.

And I agree with above user that dual wielding does put out good DPS when you spec into it.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 28/12/09 03:24 PM.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'll invest some points tommorow.
I'll tell what I've invested into 'Status' even though I didn't get a solid answer on what to invest my 21 points into.
Knowing me It'll be really fuck it up.

old hand
old hand
As I mentioned before, in early stages , you can scale your stats points according to gear requirement 1st. Putting points in dex and int wont go wasted even though you are going to warrior path. For those undecided extra points, you can save them up 1st and decide later. No point for me to provide you a cookie butter build to follow, where its more fun to build something which you prefer. During my 1st play, I had 40+ unspent stats points at bout lvl20. By the end of the game, I actually put more points in int compare to str, cause I had alot gears which come with str stats on them. So equipments is another deciding factor as well for stats investment.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard