Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#398781 06/01/10 05:05 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
to whom it may concern...
i can program all my buttons except for my right analog on my 360 usb controller. there is nothing for it within the settings, i find it sorta impossible to play this with a touchpad and i do not own a mouse. is it possible to get 360 controller compatibility for pc?

I can't really help as I'm playing it on 360, but...

Running XP: If it's a USB plug-in 360 control pad as thats the only one I've used on PC then under Control Panel, Game Controllers you should see the whole pad works.

Just maybe the game is not supporting it. I played Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay on PC with a 360 control and all was fine.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
the controller is fine... nothing is wrong with the controller... the problem is that the pc version requires you to register all your buttons. however there is no registry for the ability to look up/down and turn left/right. do you know if they plan on fixing this or are the programmers unaware?

Last edited by Yurusanzo; 06/01/10 05:38 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
The program Pinnacle will solve the problem, great program to have if you like playing games with a 360 pad.

Yurusanzo,

From another topic we were on the point of something else which has brought your problem to light. There is no free-look on PC when playing in real time which of course is the right thumb stick on the 360 version.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=399405#Post399405

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
thanks for the info... think it would be possible to convince the programmers to make a small mod for controller compatability?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on it after fixing the savegame corruption bug that's been in the game since release and bringing all the EU versions up to date. Don't hold your breath.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Download a xbox 360 controller emulator(say, ds3 tools), then download xpadder to assign the controller mouse and keyboard input.
Tho you will have to manually navigate the mouse with the controller, because it relies on keyboard and mouse input.

Edit: If the xpadder does not detect your controller that is. I have noticed that it does not detect ps3 controllers, so using a 360 emulator makes available assigning keyboard/mouse input to the controller.

Last edited by Petra; 15/08/12 06:16 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Yurusanzo
the controller is fine... nothing is wrong with the controller... the problem is that the pc version requires you to register all your buttons. however there is no registry for the ability to look up/down and turn left/right. do you know if they plan on fixing this or are the programmers unaware?

The keyboard and mouse is a lot more immersive imo, but the issue may simply be that the game is not compatible with xbox 360 controllers

oh, and on the subject of 360 pads, here is something you just have to have while playing divinty 2 if you want to play it with a controller :hihi: : http://tinyurl.com/cslemdb
Originally Posted by Yurusanzo
and i do not own a mouse.

you dont own a mouse? whaaaaaaa?

Nom nom nom Humans.

My Divinity 2 - The Dragon knight saga Lets Play on youtube:

First Episode: https://tinyurl.com/dyxgb4c
Playlist: https://tinyurl.com/bm7jxn7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard