Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
old hand
old hand
Well I using an old 8800 ultra and had no stuttering issues with the game.

Since you mentioned you had successfully installed the patch, I think you should had already notice those major improvement. Whether there are any more changes and improvements than those which had already been listed out, I had yet to discover them. Those might really need a new fresh start character to full experience the difference. I am too lazy to restart as my 2nd run through had already reach sentinel island when I apply the patch.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by JCDoe
@Silolater:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only non-Divinity sycophant here. Its absurd that my dual core, windows 7 pc with at GTS 250 (1 gig vid ram) and 6 gigs main ram cannot run this on any setting without stuttering. I even run my games on a separate, SATA II harddrive from my OS so that OS functions will not slow down my HDDs ability to read game data.

No, my harddrive is not fragmented. I know how to maintain a pc. No, I don't run other programs during gaming sessions (not that it should matter, given how much ram I have). No, I'm not going to alt-tab out to task manager and set the game priority on 'high' in order to have a playable experience. No other game, including Oblivion and Fallout 3 (which use the same engine as Div II) require me to take such absurd steps. Oh, and I run Fallout 3 at maxxed settings.

So either A: Every other game out there, including Batman (with GPU physx on), Fallout 3, Oblivion, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia, D&D Online (which uses full DX10 shaders and shadows, btw), and Borderlands are somehow "cheating" to perform as well as they do on my hardware, or B: The people at Larian don't know how to program worth a crap.

FIX YOUR DAMN GAME.

I can understand your frustaration seeing how you have a high end computer altho this might becaused by something else then just the game.
Compared to you i have a quite low end computer but a rather high end laptop.
specs for both to show you.

a Asus a32n8 sli-deluxe running a 3500+ socket 939 2.2 GHZ processor
2 gigs of ram ddr400
2 Nvidea 7900gtx in sli mode both 256 mb
and 250 gig sata HDD.
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit alltho not needed yet.
rest is not of any mather.

game runs on a seperate partition. and guess what it runs fine for my computer only problem is neverending loading screen at start and not being able to teleport.
besides from that smooth as can be.

laptop.

2.52 GHZ Dualcore processor
4 gigs of ram ddr2.
and a ati mobility 3500 512 mb. alltho not sure on the model of the card excuse me please for that.
320 gig sata hdd.
and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Running the game with no problems at all at high settings. everything works fine no problems what so ever.

soo altho this game is buggy its still worth it for me its great and besides those problems mentioned above i can play just fine. some parts take a bit of extra time cause of the work around but still.

Now for a example when running mirrors edge on my laptop mentioned above. i cant play that damn game for shit sutters like hell when the in chase scenes. now comes the weird part Desktop runs this game great no matter what happens. Weird huh? prob can write it off the the nvidea Physics or so but still.

so again i can understand your frustration with this game with having such a high end computer and problems. it might how bad this sounds to you be something else besides the game. or maybe just the game i dont know. Tried installing directx 9? just throwing this out there no offense intended what so ever.

i think you should await the uber patch (cause am hoping this wasnt that one) and wait for that.
you have every reason to be mad at larian for releasing a game with obviously some narly bugs. But give them some slack mate there working there asses of to solve every problem and cant say that from every game studio that releases a buggy game.

Just my two cents do with it what you want.

Donice
4 gigs of ram

stranger
stranger
After getting an error message each time I tried to apply the patch via the "Search online for updates" function, I downloaded it from the link on the first page (last one, as I have the English version). However, the same error message appears when trying to run the .exe file:

Couldn't identify the installed version of Divinity II - Ego Draconis.
Debug "02c95b6e64caa93a6c0a432b7fd03628"

I got my digital copy from gamesplanet, and my current version is 1.0.13.67. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve this issue, or if it is to be expected - as I understand there are millions (:p) of different versions, so maybe the update for mine isn't available yet.

Thanks in advance smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nyrox
After getting an error message each time I tried to apply the patch via the "Search online for updates" function, I downloaded it from the link on the first page (last one, as I have the English version). However, the same error message appears when trying to run the .exe file:

I got my digital copy from gamesplanet, and my current version is 1.0.13.67. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve this issue, or if it is to be expected - as I understand there are millions (:p) of different versions, so maybe the update for mine isn't available yet.

Thanks in advance smile

Please read the 1st post and you should get your answer.

J
stranger
stranger
J
"Well I using an old 8800 ultra and had no stuttering issues with the game."

Well bully for you. Why would you think your sharing this somehow helps people who are experiencing problems?

You Larian fanbots need to understand, I don't care that the game was made by a smallish dev team. I am aware that the game is nowhere as large as other games of its type (Oblivion, Fallout, GTA, etc). Its a 'niche' game, just like the first Divinity and its addon were. A smaller, but more targeted gaming experience is totally cool.

But the game must *work*! If half of your player experience inexplicable performance issues, then you need to get your software engineers working on that *immediately* instead of adding crosshairs and improving physics. For all I know, the best experience of my gaming life is sitting on my harddrive. But I'll never know unless Larian *fixes the damn bugs!*

I hope Larian earns the same reputation for producing crapware that JoWood (Gothic 3--ugh) and Reality Pump (Two Worlds--double ugh) have. That way no one winds up losing $50 to this kind of broken product again.

stranger
stranger
Hi,
I'm playing Polish version of the game and are wondering how's Polish patch 1.03 related to other language versions patches. Relying on the fact that I have a crosshair I assume both bring the same/similar changes. The thing is, Polish patch was released a month ago and is 250 MB big (why do all the versions have so different size?). Also a lot of people complain it didn't fix the choppy graphics problem. I've been playing for two days by now and found three problems so far:
- Choppy graphics, but only in the inventory and skills menu
- Couldn't enter Maxos temple though having the key from Lovis in my inventory
- While selling/buying goods in quantities bigger than one smile In this case usually a small window pops up where you specify the number you want to sell/buy. I have to try at least several times before clicking OK actually moves items to/from my inventory. Most often when I click OK I get same effect as I'd clicked Cancel. This one is pretty annoying... though not as much as choppy graphics you guys have.

Last edited by fijau; 17/01/10 10:42 PM.
P
poc Offline
stranger
stranger
P
from what i have read in this forum we should all purchase a 3 year old machine and then it will run, all of you who have an up to date machine should sell them because it will not run this game.....lol

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by fijau
Hi,
nd three problems so far:
- Choppy graphics, but only in the inventory and skills menu

Working solution: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=402275

B
stranger
stranger
B
sounds great!wow _:_

S
stranger
stranger
S
AMD 4800+ 2.4 dual
ATI HD4850
2 GB RAM

Bought the game 1 month ago (italian version)

No infinite loading screen, no stuttering when I play (the only 5 min at a time it lets me play)... The game just hangs or freezes. No solution till now... Neither the patch solved something, but I expected it... Larian stated that this patch would have bringed all the language to the same version.

Yes, I'm frustrated and really disappointed because I waited for a game like this for years. I'd rather have one of the other problem because maybe it will be fixed, seeing how many buyers experienced it... I don't pretend an almost bugfree game like Blizzard ones (at least from my experience)... I don't pretend stunning graphics effects, I lower details to play better...Neither I pretend a smooth control system, I "force" myself to learn it... I'd like to have (and live) a nice story, but in the end, I pretend to play!

So, what can I do? One month and 10 minutes of play. Wait for the next patch? Sell the game?

Sorry for whining, but I'm really frustrated... frown

G
stranger
stranger
G
Wow, using 1.03 patch, now, i play very well. Not shuttering, freezes or errors...i play at full res + max video options (only antialias at 4X) and is very fluid. Thanks Lar !

Only one thing has not changed using 1.03, that the character does not die by falling from montain for example.

B
stranger
stranger
B
"After getting an error message each time I tried to apply the patch via the "Search online for updates" function, I downloaded it from the link on the first page (last one, as I have the English version). However, the same error message appears when trying to run the .exe file:

I got my digital copy from gamesplanet, and my current version is 1.0.13.67. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve this issue, or if it is to be expected - as I understand there are millions (:p) of different versions, so maybe the update for mine isn't available yet."

--------------------------

I remember that sacred 2 also had problems with one patch and that people could not update properly. The patch did a checksum of the game and if it did not see what i needed it stalled the install.

Maybe the patch 1.03 needs to see the game as it was when it was installed i.e version 1.0 if there was ever such version.

I would de a re-install of the game and patch to the latest big patch and see if the problem is still there.

if the patch recognizes your version after re-install then it meant that the programming of the patch is wrong and cannot recognize the different versions of the game when it wants to patch....

Unless you are using a cd crack ( which you claim you are not )then that is the only thing i can see that would cause this.

Last edited by budspencer; 18/01/10 05:46 PM.
Originally Posted by Gimmy
Only one thing has not changed using 1.03, that the character does not die by falling from montain for example.

I have not installed the patch yet and my character has never even gotten a scratch from jumping off the highest mountian or the highest tower. I have the US version of the game.

Last edited by LordFess; 18/01/10 05:49 PM.

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
Support
Support

Part of being a slayer is the ability to be able to jump/fall from heights without taking damage. I don't understand why some people accept mind reading and transformation into a dragon, but balk at levitation strong enough to control a descent.

old hand
old hand
If so many really enjoying a jumping death, you can actually do it in amdusias's throne room. Guarantee you a death the way you like hahaha

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

Part of being a slayer is the ability to be able to jump/fall from heights without taking damage. I don't understand why some people accept mind reading and transformation into a dragon, but balk at levitation strong enough to control a descent.

Because it looks dumb? :P And no in-gam explanation? Mindreading and dragon form has such.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by budspencer
"After getting an error message each time I tried to apply the patch via the "Search online for updates" function, I downloaded it from the link on the first page (last one, as I have the English version). However, the same error message appears when trying to run the .exe file:

I got my digital copy from gamesplanet, and my current version is 1.0.13.67. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve this issue, or if it is to be expected - as I understand there are millions (:p) of different versions, so maybe the update for mine isn't available yet."

--------------------------

I remember that sacred 2 also had problems with one patch and that people could not update properly. The patch did a checksum of the game and if it did not see what i needed it stalled the install.

Maybe the patch 1.03 needs to see the game as it was when it was installed i.e version 1.0 if there was ever such version.

I would de a re-install of the game and patch to the latest big patch and see if the problem is still there.

if the patch recognizes your version after re-install then it meant that the programming of the patch is wrong and cannot recognize the different versions of the game when it wants to patch....

Unless you are using a cd crack ( which you claim you are not )then that is the only thing i can see that would cause this.

nah. it's because he's trying to patch with the dvd version of the patch. he needs the gamesplanet/metaboli download version patch. maybe they haven't uploaded it yet. the gamersgate patch is still nowhere to be seen for my own version.. pretty annoying.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Lynn, Betty, Lar. Atm i'm terribly disapointed at Larian. The Stuttering problem has been around since launch, in all versions of the game and its something that has been documented in a lot of posts, threads (in here and in RPGwatch, gamespot, etc), complained even with youtube videos.

I'm a dire dedicated fan since Divinity1 and i was waiting for months to play the game after launch but couldnt due to the amount of stuttering or "tearing" as it might be a better word, its simply impossible after 15 minutes or so due to eye problems and head-aches.

For the people still wondering "what that heck is this problem?", there is an image here:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Tearing_(simulated).jpg (Ofc bear in mind that with a moving screen the effect is less noticeable).

This is ofc not in-game but demonstrates what is the problem in detail.

THis happens in the game a lot. I've tested it in a whole lot of diferent machines (god forbid me DRM nightmare!) heck, i even bought the steam version and i already have the UK retail one to test if it was just my version!

Do something about it, its not just me. The patch doesnt work on this problem. I'm going to send you my DXDIAG, but honestly people, i'm sure you already duplicated it in-doors, its impossible you havent had a machine with that issue yet, since its so common.

For the people about to flame me, sorry, i dont care, i just want to play the game, already spent over € 70, i think i have the right to either return this, or play it properly.

Thanks for the time spent reading this, please fix it.

Last edited by KnightPT; 19/01/10 02:44 PM.
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Tearing might be coused by AA or resolution different than monitor's native one (if I'm not mistaken...).
Also, concerning the various graphich issues, there are unofficial OMEGA drivers for graphic cards (both nVidia and aTI). Basicaly they are the same as official ones but they are specially 'worked around' to increase performance in games. If anything fails, you can try them. Call of Juarez and The Witcher were unplayable on my x1950GT (grey poligons all over the screen) but after instaling OMEGA drivers they run smoothly.
(Ofcourse, I take no responsibilities if you encounter problems with them...)

ofT: can't believe none of the shops in Croatia has the game. It's sad...

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Cant you just force Vsync through the control panel? Sorry if I missed one of your past posts or if you said you tried this already, but I definitely noticed screen tearing, which is caused by the graphic card sending frames too fast for the monitor. After I enabled Vsync through the Nvidia control panel it went away. It limits the frames per second to your monitor's refresh rate, mine is 60.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard