Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ACSS
I reskill at lvl35 and found that I had a total of 72 skill point available. I might actually miss a few skill points through books which I might not be aware off. While in hall of echoes, you can gain around 5 to 6 more skill points. So total up can reach close to 80 skill points at lvl35.

Thank you I find that very helpful. bow

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
but remmebr that ALOT of skil points come from MIND reading and alot of times u need mind read the same npc .
litlle spoiler : when u make battle tower quest mind read that woman before fight and after fight too :P

I was thinking of a good general way to build a character and came up with this. Let me know what you think.

Warrior

Str and Vit get a point every level. Then the 3rd point goes between Int and Spi. The 4th point goes between Dex and Str. So Str would be getting a gain of 1.5 every level. Unaltered stats at level 35 with no extra points would be.

Vit 35
Spi 18
Str 55-(34x1.5)+4(if warrior is chosen at start)
Dex 18
Int 18

Mage

Same as Warrior but with obvious changes. Vit and Spi would switch, and Str and Int would switch.

Ranger

Dex would get a point each level. Another would go between Int and Dex. Then I was thinking a point could go between Vit and Spi. The 4th would go between Str and whichever stat(Vit or Spi) didn't get the 3rd point. So for the Ranger:

Vit 25
Spi 26
Str 18
Dex 55
Int 18

Extra points could be evenly divided so if you get 20 extra points then each stat would get another 4 points. Or you could divide them however you like.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by 30johner
I was thinking of a good general way to build a character and came up with this. Let me know what you think.

Warrior

Str and Vit get a point every level. Then the 3rd point goes between Int and Spi. The 4th point goes between Dex and Str. So Str would be getting a gain of 1.5 every level. Unaltered stats at level 35 with no extra points would be.

Vit 35
Spi 18
Str 55-(34x1.5)+4(if warrior is chosen at start)
Dex 18
Int 18

Mage

Same as Warrior but with obvious changes. Vit and Spi would switch, and Str and Int would switch.

Ranger

Dex would get a point each level. Another would go between Int and Dex. Then I was thinking a point could go between Vit and Spi. The 4th would go between Str and whichever stat(Vit or Spi) didn't get the 3rd point. So for the Ranger:

Vit 25
Spi 26
Str 18
Dex 55
Int 18

Extra points could be evenly divided so if you get 20 extra points then each stat would get another 4 points. Or you could divide them however you like.

Theoretically you do it like that, or any way you like. But I would suggest reserve some points, as you might had gears which provide you with stats you need, where you dont actually need that much of points into that particular stat, as all stats only max out at 100. Beside there are good charms available to be buy, 4 stats charms.

Last edited by ACSS; 12/01/10 06:20 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Are those the Blessed Charms? And are they the best?

Blessed(+4) is the best type I've seen. From what I know that's as high as they get.

old hand
old hand
Best is divine, +5 ,which only from boss loot. Blessed can be bought in aleroth

veteran
veteran
I have found a Blessed charm in Lovis Tower, in Lovis Chest he opens after mindreading him grin ,
a Heightened Reflects + 4 charm!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
O
stranger
stranger
O
I'm confused, I thought that Magic Damage on weapons increased the damage of your spells and Physical Damage increased the damage of you actual melee attacks.

old hand
old hand
Both actually are types of damage deal by weapon. I dont think spell damage is affected by weapon's magical damage. You can always test it out and let us know if you are playing a mage.

veteran
veteran
I don't think for example Magic Blast is more powerful IF my Magic Damage is higher!

another thing: You don't put a charm "Magical Damage + 3" for example IN a spell like Magic Missile, but you put it in your gear wink

And it's also not necessary because some magic spells are already realy strong! Magic Blast is for sure powerful!

But I don't known which kind of enemy are more vulnerable for Magic Damage of Melee Damage ... !

But if someone have experience with more or less Magic Damage doing on a enemy and the results, please let us known! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Magic Damage stat is for weapons. This allows high INT characters to do good damage with weapons that have Magic as their primary damage. Or STR/INT characters to be really mean with 'Balanced' weapons.

Edit:
Overall it is your LEVEL that is most important. Kill everything, do all quests ... WIN (well kind of ... ending grrrrrr.....).

Last edited by MonkeyLungs; 18/01/10 06:56 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yesterday I do the Maxos Temple and go to Sentinel Island. Have done all quests of brocken Valley. I began with a Ranger & female character. Nice laugh ! I use the Rothmans Bow and my 2-handed Arben Sword and change frequently between both weapons.
Play on easy difficulty, maybe now for me a little bit toooo easy grin

My Stats etc are:
I'm level 16 with 143873 XP (1400 debt).
Vitality: 5 - HP: 165
Spirit: 9 - Mana 268

Strength: 27 - Melee Res : 31.26 % - Conditioned Body: 34 % (CB)
Dexterity: 28 - Ranged Res : 25.12 % - Heightened Reflexes: 34 % (HR)
Intelligence: 30 - Magic Res : 24.18 % - Indomitable Will: 35 % (IW)

Skills: points left: 8.
Active Skills: Magic Blast: 2/5 & Poison Arrow:1/5
Passive Skills: Mage: Confusion: 2/5 & Destruction: 1/5
Other: Ranger Stealth: 2/5, Lock Pick: 5/5, Wisdom: 4/5 (all points from gear!), Encumbrance: 2/5
And the other skills of the Dragon Slayer I have from the start of the game.

Equipment: (incl. charmpoints and enchantmentpoints)
Arben Sword: dam: 43 - 86 ** (9 - 62) ** with enchantment I put in: Lvl 10 Increased Damage = + 27!
(and also enchantment: Lvl 2 Life Leech)
Arben Sword have also one skillpoint in Two-handed Weapon Expertise + 1 point in Intell.

Cuirass: 2 to Vit & IW, 29 to Mana; MlArmRat:4, RngArmRat:8, MagArmRat:3.
Belt: 27 to Mana; enchantment: Poison Aura: 10% doing 30 poison dam.
Leggings: 2 to CB, MlArmRat:6, RngArmRat:2, MagArmRat:1; enchantment: MAg Dam Aura 6%
Helmet: 2 to Str, Int & IW; MlArmRat:7, RngArmRat:4
Gauntlets: 2 to Spir & HR; 6 to HP, 15 to Mana; MlArmRat:5, RngArmRat:1, MagArmRat:1
Bracelet: 2 to Dex & CB; 1 to Wisdom; enchntmnts: Healing Aura: 0.1/sec & Magic Dam Aura 6 %
Earrings: 3 to HR, 4 to Spir, 10 to Mana; MagArmRat: 4; enchantm: Retribut Aura 16 %!
Ring 1: 2 to Dexterity
Ring 2: 1 to Wisdom
Pendant/Talisman of the North): 2 to Wisdom; 1 to spir, HR & IW, 3 to CB; enchntmts: MagDam Aura 10%, Poison Aura 6%. (+ 1 empty enchntm-slot)

Bow is Rothman's bow: 1 to Wisdom; 2 to Strength, 24 to Mana; enchntms: Mana Leech 6%, Butchery +1 Critical chance(Cc) = give 11 % to Cc; with Melee (max 25) + Magic(max 22) damage
Shield + Sword (Brightblade):
don't used them yet, but have something good if necessary wink
And I have some good Axes in my Inventory.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
After experiencing some more with the game I have to disagree with some of the stuff you said about some skills.

Unarmed is truly the hardest way to go, but do not neglect One Handed\ One Handed + Shield, they are not bad. Sure, shield doesn't really add much resistance(thou it does have charms and enchantments), but, aside from looking awesome, its just a bit slower then one handed weapon, which is actually able to stack up quite a lot of damage very fast (auto attack, skills will obviously be weaker, but when everything dies in 3-5 hits it hardly matters). Also 2handed weapons get the least damdge bounus unlike the other possibilities (the dual-wielding mostly surpasses it). Also theres nothing wrong with investing in skills that do a fixed amount of damage (witch is not true since you have skills like way of the ranger or battle rage and so), especially when explosive arrow for example at it highest level can do around 2000 damage (clean) which comes in AOE, low CD (5 sec) and low MP cost, and the damage is high as well.

Also about this
Let's assume 100 int (+100% magic damage), rank 10 magic missile (4 projectiles/33 dmg), rank 5 destruction skill (+50% spell damage), activated rank 5 Way of the Battlemage (+50% magic damage).
You're looking at:
4*33*2*1.5*1.5=594 damage.
With a cooldown of 1s, that's 594 dps.

That is not true, MM rank 10 does 146 damage (at the cost of only 36 MP which is sooo low). So your looking at 2628 my good friend (replacing the 33 with 146 in your calculations). And yep, I 1 hit everything with a very similar setup (flying fortress bosses are a joke really).

With the rest thou, I agree, and again thanks for clearing out how stats work with all that INT instead of STR nonsense.

Last edited by Zomgnome; 30/01/10 07:05 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Amor sets are a good way to increase overall stats and resistances. I only have the one set so far but the complete set of ten pieces really added some major boosts. I have the Aleroth Mage/Archmage set. I understand there are other sets but have not gone searching for them yet. I can post the stats for the the Mage set if anyone is interested. If we gather all the sets and their bonuses it may help guide peoples decisions when developing their character.

I know I would have saved a few things had I known what this set does.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey, another thing about dual wield that you have to factor in... you get the area for 2 items enchantments and stats, instead of just one (srry if that was a little confusing, kinda hard to say what i'm meanin), so that means that you can have quite the damage added from an extra item, what helps me astronomically.

personally, i have used 2h, and it just doesn't keep up with the axe/sword combo i am using, no matter what the stats of the 2h is.

i see ur math, and i see the logic, but i thought i just might throw you that point for calculation.

(and lastly, ur grammar is great for not having english as ur native language. i'm a stickler for grammar and spelling, and i noticed only one error.. in other words, good job, don't worry about no one understanding anything, u got it down)

veteran
veteran
Yeah, posting the complete Archmage armor set information would be a good idea. I have all the sets and will see about posting the stats of the ones I can equip.

EDIT: Actually, I can't do that. The hard drive I installed Divinity 2 on is broken and I can't play the game anymore.

Last edited by Stabbey; 05/02/10 01:08 PM. Reason: correction
stranger
stranger
I played ranger and put most of my skill points into poison and explosive arrows and I'm not disappointed. Poison arrow costs very little mana and at high level (10 or so) it has great damage. Exploding arrow at highest levels does much more damage and it hurts all the nearby creatures, no matter how many there are. Really cool skill.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Yeah, posting the complete Archmage armor set information would be a good idea. I have all the sets and will see about posting the stats of the ones I can equip.

EDIT: Actually, I can't do that. The hard drive I installed Divinity 2 on is broken and I can't play the game anymore.

Well unless someone else gets to it I'll post the stats this weekend.

apprentice
apprentice
Unless otherwise noted these pieces require you have 47 Intelligence and be level 28. There are ten pieces all together.

Since I added Charms and Enchantments to my pieces (and forgot to note the original enchantments) I will simply list what each piece has in terms of Charm and Enchantment slot(s).

I hope this helps with character optimization.

Enjoy!! hehe

Aleroth Archmage Set...

Legendary Aleroth Archmage Helmet of Hope
+ 11 to Magic Armor rating
Intelligence 47
Level 28
+8 to Heightened Reflexes
+5 to Ranged Armor rating
1 Charm slot
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +12% to Intelligence

Divine’s Aleroth Archmage Cuirass of the Guardian
+18 to Magic Armor rating
Intelligence 47
Level 28
+3 to conditioned body
+6 to Ranged Armor rating
+2 to Melee Armor rating
1 Charm slot
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +12% to Spirit

Hero’s Aleroth Archmage Gauntlets of Spiritual Power
Melee Armor rating +1
Ranged Armor rating +1 Magic Armor rating +4
Intelligence 47
Level 28
+4 to Vitality
+2 to Conditioned Body
1 Charm slot
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +12% to Vitality

Saint’s Aleroth Archmage Leggings of the Devote
Magic Armor rating +6
Intelligence 47
Level 28
+4 to Intelligence
+5 to Heightened Reflexes
1 Charm slot
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +13 to Indominatable Will

Philosopher’s Aleroth Archmage Earrings of Eternal Burning
Level 28
+5 to Indominatable Will
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +13 to Magic Armor rating

Philosopher’s Aleroth Archmage Belt of the Avenger
Level 28
+3 to Indominatable Will
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +70 to Mana

Hero’s Aleroth Archmage Bracelet of the Warrior Gods
Level 28
+3 to vitality
+2 to conditioned Body
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +13 to Ranged Armor rating

Master Assassin’s Aleroth Archmage Ring of the Magic Gods
Level 28
+3 to Vitality
+2 to Conditioned Body
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +70 Hit Points

Lich’s Aleroth Archmage Necklace of the Magic Gods
Level 28
+4 to Spirit
1 Enchantment slot
All ten pieces equipped +13 to Magic Armor rating

Ruthless Archmage Warhammer of the Vampire
1 Handed Warhammer
Melee Damage = 50 to 62
Magic Damage = 15 to 18
Critical chance 8%
Intelligence 45
Level 28
+3 to Dexterity
+4 to Strength
2 Charm slots
2 Enchantment slots
All ten pieces equipped +26 to Magic Damage rating

All piceses can be found here...
Stone's Flying Fortress

Last edited by CoarseDragon; 07/02/10 07:11 PM.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard