Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
enthusiast
enthusiast
I HAVE FINALY SOLVED the tearing on the screen, even with v-sync turned on.

Step 1: Download Rivatuner and install it (nevermind the driver error if in windows7)
Step 2: go to the installed folder and run the aplication D3DOverrider
Step 3: Force Triple Buffering and V-sync (on the right side of screen) and minimize aplication
Step 4: Run Divinity2 in Windows XP compatibility mode (if runing windows 7) and disable desktop composition
Step 5: Enjoy no Tearing in div2

Back to game, cya in around 2 weeks lol.

stranger
stranger
@Lar_q and KnightPT,
As with many others here, I have tried everything everyone has suggested, except for using a crack.
I have turned my settings to low and I still have severe stuttering. Once I move my FPS jumps as though it is trying to catch up. 10 fps back to 1 fps. I get hit with enemy spells without it showing in frame until after its done. I've done everything I know of to ensure that there is nothing slowing the data down (i.e. virus protection, firewalls, setting priority to high in task manager, etc.)
I've installed Rivatuner and used D3DOverrider to forces triple buffering and V-Sync on but, it didn't work for me.
My system info is as follows:
Core 2 Duo 3.20 GHz
Video: 8800 Ultra 768MB
RAM: 4 GB
MOBO: ASUS Striker II Formula

I have checked/installed all the latest drivers. To include DX 9.0c, PhysX, C++.

If I can help out at all please let me know.
I look forward to playing this game sometime.

Last edited by JokerSF; 25/01/10 01:16 AM.
U
apprentice
apprentice
U
Try crack, for me Russian Crack is from older build 1.3.15.107 vs .112 original Polish, but I doubt much was fixed with these .4 builds in between. For me crack works much better, more FPS, more responsive application. I doubt also that someone from DEV team will answer do these .4 builds really changes something important. Pirates play w/o problem, ppl w/ originals can barely play. Something failed.

stranger
stranger
I must say, that playing with that crack brought the problem with quick loading quick saved games. I haven't found any other bugs, and I've already finished the game. By the way - it was awesome. Waiting for sequel smile

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
Yes, I've noticed that too. Strange that with my previous char and crack I didn't have such issues. But as far as I remember I've been using UK version, maybe that was this. Anyways in my inventory or in the shops I can move my mouse freely, something I can't with original exe.

EDIT: Gramma.

Last edited by Uzeer; 25/01/10 06:47 AM.
stranger
stranger
I'd prefer to play the game as intended by the company. They say they cannot provide a solution for every configuration. I honestly don't feel that it's individual computer configurations. I know that I have done everything that I can do and I still have the problems. I've set the res. to the lowest setting possible and I still have the same level of stuttering. The problem has got to be on the software side.

I know I can speak for many others when I say that this is so frustrating. To wait for a sequel so long and then have these problems.
I'm sorry, I guess that I'm complaining. I've been "trying" to play this game with all the stuttering and I have finally just had it.

stranger
stranger
Any word on an actual fix to this problem?

Last edited by JokerSF; 25/01/10 12:53 AM.
stranger
stranger
Today I read about another way of getting rid of choppy graphics: running Opera browser in the background smile A guy noticed that by chance. He claims to have checked this method thoroughly and that it really works. He didn't though test Firefox nor IE smile

stranger
stranger
I'm sorry, but how would that help the problem?

stranger
stranger
I don't know why it worked, but it did anyway.

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
@JokerSF - fraps shows 30-40 fps w/ max. details, with a bit lower (HDR Off) shows 50, but game is so choppy that is barely playable. I tried as you did drivers, settings and nothing. And this can't be my rig, as other games run nicely.
Tried opera, as I have it installed anyway, but of course didn't change anything.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fijau
Today I read about another way of getting rid of choppy graphics: running Opera browser in the background smile A guy noticed that by chance. He claims to have checked this method thoroughly and that it really works. He didn't though test Firefox nor IE smile

Actually, it is better to run Windows Media Player. Fun fact: it REALLY helps in some cases for some applications. You can get some performance boost.

Don't ask me why and how. I have no frekkin idea.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Vankomycin
I cannot patch this game. I have English DVD version (cz manual) 1.0.15.79. And patch (400+MB) states that i have not english version of the game. Autoupdater states, that game is up to date... :-/

Still it is not working. Any solutions?

stranger
stranger
Throw us a bone here Lar. Share a little information with your fan base. What's the status for a fix on this stuttering issue? Some information is better than none.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by fijau

Actually, it is better to run Windows Media Player. Fun fact: it REALLY helps in some cases for some applications. You can get some performance boost.

Don't ask me why and how. I have no frekkin idea.

I tried running opera in the background, didn't notice any difference... Ill try running WMP now, if this will actually boost D2 performance it would be very, very very strange... So far changing the cash memory to 2 (from 0) and using FPSLIMIT seemed to be the only performance boosters, I hope this will surprise me.

veteran
veteran
There is no 100% sure that this will help, but still, there is a chance...

F
FiM Offline
stranger
stranger
F
I cannot patch this game. I have English DVD version (cz manual) 1.0.15.79. And patch (400+MB) states that i have not english version of the game. Autoupdater states, that game is up to date... :-/

i have the same problem as above frown

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by FiM

i have the same problem as above frown

Try to reinstall and download the 400mb patch manually. This will most probably happen if your using a cracked exe to fix stuttering or something.

Last edited by Zomgnome; 30/01/10 07:09 AM.
F
FiM Offline
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Zomgnome
Try to reinstall and download the 400mb patch manually. This will most probably happen if your using a cracked exe to fix stuttering or something.

Already tried this and the problem still persists.
I'm mot using cracked exe

K
stranger
stranger
K
so xbox isnt getting this patch we have to wait for another? =o

edit: nvm ive spotted the xbox update topic x)

Last edited by Kibi; 31/01/10 07:41 PM.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard