Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#357838 13/11/08 03:54 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Dusted this off after not laying for close to a year. Love this game but my memory was that there were a few broken skills. I tried a search without luck. Which bow skill was broken? Thanks in advance!

addict
addict
True Shot is broken.

The damage portion of crossbow expertise doesn't work either.

stranger
stranger
confused Have heard some about these "broken skills". I'd hate to burn skill points on something that doesn't work. What exactly are broken skills? question

Cheers. div

Support
Support

Broken skills are those which do not have the listed effect. With the CD/DVD version of the game, True Shot did not give an extra damage bonus (even without it archery is very effective), and there was no extra damage from Crossbow Expertise (though the recuperation time bonus part of the skill was applied correctly).
I think both of those were fixed in the download version.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Thanks. I have the game on CD. Is there a patch I can download to fix this? confused

Support
Support

No, there is no patch to fix those skills in the disk version.

stranger
stranger

No, there is no patch to fix those skills in the disk version.

frown Cheers.

- Crow

stranger
stranger

Where can I find the download version? If I download it and play on that versus the CD version, will I still be able to play my current savegames?

addict
addict
No, unfortunately, there are a lot of problems with crashing if you try to save old games under the new version.

stranger
stranger
mad Oh, well. Cheers.

Support
Support

To answer your first question, which you may not care about now, the download version of DD is available from GOG and Impluse. BD is also available for download, though there were no extra changes or updates made, so it is the same as the patched CD/DVD version.

stranger
stranger
I heard something about being "remastered". Do these versions have any improvements over the CD program? BTW- bought my copy off the clearance shelf at Target for $8. Lucked out. Awesome game! smile

journeyman
journeyman
The downloadable versions have a couple of fixes to bugs that the cd versions dont have, but they are not game stoppers.

But imo the best part about the downloadable (remastered) versions is that they fully support widescreen resolutions up to 1680x1050.
The cd versions can support widescreen but they have a glitch with the automap where you cannot put up note flags.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard