#407548 28/02/10 07:12 PM
C
Carna Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello

I am lvl 10 and i am in the bandit camp, i saved my game when i was in the camp with jargon but i always get owned and die! And i can't leave the camp! What to do now? :s Don't want to restart!

Thank you

Support
Support

Have you lowered the game difficulty, unless it is already on easy? Once you get through the temple you can put it back.

Stay on the blood trail to avoid being poisoned.

Before the raft section you have to jump across, just stand and wait for your health to recover (you should be able to move out of the way of the path of the fireballs from the walls, without getting into the poisoned area). I was a high enough level when I went to the bandit camp I could stop and quickly loot the bodies on the raft, but obviously you would want to keep running when you land and jump again to get straight through as fast as possible.

Once you get across you should either be able to land out of range or move so Jargon doesn't have a line of sight to shoot arrows at you. I don't recall having to deal with him right away, but I had my creature summoned (to help clear the skeletons), who may have chased him back to where he stands opposite the exit door.

If you are playing a warrior, you should do better against him if you Rush Attack and at least get him switched to melee combat. If you are lucky the Rush Attack will knock him down briefly, allowing you to get an extra attack in, or use a potion.

Do you have an earlier save inside the temple? If lack of potions is a problem, then just redoing the beginning may help you conserve more for later (I did much better staying on the trail the second time than I did the first).

Are you using your creature (if you have it) or a summon? Do you have a spare skill point you could use (after saving) to try out the ghost / demon summons, or Fireball, or something?

C
Carna Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Have you lowered the game difficulty, unless it is already on easy? Once you get through the temple you can put it back.

Stay on the blood trail to avoid being poisoned.

Before the raft section you have to jump across, just stand and wait for your health to recover (you should be able to move out of the way of the path of the fireballs from the walls, without getting into the poisoned area). I was a high enough level when I went to the bandit camp I could stop and quickly loot the bodies on the raft, but obviously you would want to keep running when you land and jump again to get straight through as fast as possible.

Once you get across you should either be able to land out of range or move so Jargon doesn't have a line of sight to shoot arrows at you. I don't recall having to deal with him right away, but I had my creature summoned (to help clear the skeletons), who may have chased him back to where he stands opposite the exit door.

If you are playing a warrior, you should do better against him if you Rush Attack and at least get him switched to melee combat. If you are lucky the Rush Attack will knock him down briefly, allowing you to get an extra attack in, or use a potion.

Do you have an earlier save inside the temple? If lack of potions is a problem, then just redoing the beginning may help you conserve more for later (I did much better staying on the trail the second time than I did the first).

Are you using your creature (if you have it) or a summon? Do you have a spare skill point you could use (after saving) to try out the ghost / demon summons, or Fireball, or something?

Potions is no problem and no i don't have a spare skill point :s
I am a warrior and i don't have any other then melee weapons. When i try to jump the raft i run trough but i immedialty get attacked by 2 skeletons but when i try to kill them i get poisened so i am afraid i'll have to start all over again :s

apprentice
apprentice
No autosave or previous saves?

And if you do start over, don't feel sad. It will be a different experience. I restarted from level 11 today.

By the way, if you are playing warrior, take a look at this topic. It has a lot of helpful advices: Character Optimization. I am playing a Warrior-Mage, that is Paladin type character following this topic. Nice array of melee attacks and spells for any situation. Intelligence ftw. smile

Originally Posted by Carna

Potions is no problem and no i don't have a spare skill point :s
I am a warrior and i don't have any other then melee weapons. When i try to jump the raft i run trough but i immedialty get attacked by 2 skeletons but when i try to kill them i get poisened so i am afraid i'll have to start all over again :s

Do you have your creature yet? Level 10 will be very tough in there...period. I can tell you though, that as you jump the raft to the other side, there is a "sweet-spot" that you can stand, and not get poisoned- WITH a pillar behind you to the left that keep Jargon's arrows from pelting you. I know because I was roughly Level 12 (I think) and it was hard then.

But I would land on other side - pause- drink potion- pause- charm skeleton- pause- spawn creature. Took about a dozen tries before I found exactly where I could stand and do all this with a LITTLE freedom of movement, as one skelie would always light on me anyway.

Obviously, my method won't work if have neither charm or creature yet.

Is reality just a fantasy?
C
Carna Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
aw well i'll just start over again, it was good for testing the game!
I'll just make a new char with a good guide from the start smile
Well i have to say there is a very good community here, i always get the help i want!
Thank you all for this! hehe smile

D
stranger
stranger
D
Your character optimization link is broken.

Support
Support

The link is fine now, at least here, so it may have just been a temporary glitch.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard