Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
In Aleroth who wait once-embattled city, the next challenges: Rivellon, the world of which appeared in the September 2009 action-RPG Divinity 2: Ego Draconis is still not saved long ago - in the expansion Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance players draw again out to defeat evil.

They note that many of the characters that they met in the main game does not have what they pretended: The enlargement is the history of RPG Empire up where Divinity 2: Ego Draconis ended.

Swen Vincke, Creative Director & CEO Larian Studios:
"However, the player is now told to follow the intentions Rivellonsche legends like Belegar, Zandalor and Damian, the lord of chaos, actually. Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance, the story continues the dragon knight. We have also used the opportunity and the engine of the game has been refined. Thus has the add on graphics and optimized performance. "

Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance will provide about 30 quests around 15 hours gameplay. Larian Studios and dtp entertainment will publish the expansion expected in August 2010.

http://www.mega-gaming.de/index.php?p=news&newsid=7468&area=1

journeyman
journeyman
August is a terrible month. Thats alround the time I go back to school. Why not June. . . lol

old hand
old hand
As there was a bit of lost in translation going in Moscow, let me explain a bit more what I was trying to tell wink

-We're working on improving performance, fluidity and solving whatever bugs still remained in the original game.
-We've increased the graphics quality in the expansion
-We're correcting some design issues people've had with the original game (e.g. impact of level on combat)
-The expansion offers more than 30 new and interesting quests (at this moment 36)
-In the Moscow presentation we showed off a couple of quests to make the point
-The story starts in the astral plane where you ended div2 and brings you back to the city of Aleroth, which is now "open for business"
-You can start right away in the expansion area with a character you get to build in the character customisation screen, or you can continue playing from an old save-game. When the original story ends, you will then seamlessly continue into the expansion area, and to a player it will feel like a natural progression of the story.
-One design goal was to provide a similar experience as the first part of the game
-Another design goal was to allow you to become a really powerful dragon knight
-It's not a standalone add-on

We basically had three goals with the expansion pack:

1. If you haven't played div2 yet, then you are in for a major experience when you play through the original game and continue into the expansion pack.
2. If you played div2 already, then you are going to see the closing of many character arcs that were still open, get the opportunity for revenge if you felt bad at the end, and discover answers to questions you might've had.
3. Several people had comments about the game saying things like "if only this and that", so we tried to take care of the "if only this and that".

It's scheduled for an august/september release and that looks pretty solid as at this point the entire expansion pack is already playable. On that note, we're looking for testers which I think Lynn will announce soon.

Last edited by Lar_q; 03/03/10 12:53 PM.
Excellent news Lar...thanks very much for shedding some light on the subject(s). I haven't played to the end yet, so I can't speak about the ending sequence, but nice to know you can seemlessly carry on from there. I much prefer this to stand alone add-ons, and several games have done this successfully.

So can we safely assume that character enhancements and combat vs. level optimization will be available in the early part of the game as well? Different skills and such?

Sounds frickin awesome...thanks for update!!

Is reality just a fantasy?
enthusiast
enthusiast

Last edited by dtp Betty; 03/03/10 03:36 PM. Reason: Link.

dtp's Content & Community Manager
Wow!! How awesome is that? Linking to a German thread in an English forum...THANKS Betty! oops Was that my outside voice??

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ooops, I was so happy about this news, that I copy-pasted too quick.
The link will now lead to the english news. smile

dtp's Content & Community Manager
old hand
old hand
Nice Lar.
Testing I could be interested.
Will definitely pick up when I'm done playing the game.
Wonder If we are aloud to explore Free at the end of the Expansion.

veteran
veteran
Awesome. I will certainly be buying the expansion. Will the tweaks to the impact of level on combat be available in the original game via a patch before the release?

I'm only asking because the only thing which is keeping me from playing my new characters past Sentinel Island is that I don't want the hassle of trying to strategically AVOID leveling up so combat is still challenging.

Originally Posted by dtp Betty
Ooops, I was so happy about this news, that I copy-pasted too quick.
The link will now lead to the english news. smile

Now that's customer service! Thanks!

veteran
veteran
I heard something about DX11. Is that true? The original games haven't used DX10 even.

P.S. Also, I'd like to remind that feature request/suggestion thread is HERE. No need to mess up with things please >_>

Last edited by Kein; 03/03/10 06:24 PM. Reason: link
stranger
stranger
I don't quite understand Lar_q's statement. If someone plays D2:ED and then goes straight to the FoV are they going to go through the ending scene in ED? Do we start FoV as a high level character? Is the story of FoV going on only in Aleroth?

Maybe someone could explain these to me.

old hand
old hand
You can import your Div 2 Hero.
You'll play through ED then:
I think they'll show a cutscene at the start of Div 2 to show how you break free...
Then you can head straight into FOV.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q

-You can start right away in the expansion area with a character you get to build in the character customisation screen, or you can continue playing from an old save-game. When the original story ends, you will then seamlessly continue into the expansion area, and to a player it will feel like a natural progression of the story.

If you start anew right w/ the expansion content, any clue what Level your character will actually start the game leveled-up at?

veteran
veteran
That's why there is a Finished Divinity II ? Tell us with which stats. thread :P

Also, I did like to remind about THIS statement. Addon with multiplayer support, eh :P

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
That's why there is a Finished Divinity II ? Tell us with which stats. thread :P

Since you can start w/ FOV content, I asked what level the game starts you with when you start w/ that portion.

Surely, I'll post in that D2 Stat Thread, once I finish Ego Draconis. I likely will import my Ego Draconis character into FOV.

But, I'm sure after I've done that character - there might be a time when I don't wanna start w/ ED and wanna just start a replay w/ FOV and w/ a new character, so... :oP

Last edited by MysterD; 06/03/10 02:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
Sorry, I failed to notice a sense in latest posts of yours. First, you were asking what the level you will get when start addon without importing old savedata. I answered with a link to the thread that clearly explains no one know the answer yet, since devs asking for a data to analyze and decide.

Now you're talking about importing your old save...
>_>
<_<
*confused*

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
Sorry, I failed to notice a sense in latest posts of yours. First, you were asking what the level you will get when start addon without importing old savedata. I answered with a link to the thread that clearly explains no one know the answer yet, since devs asking for a data to analyze and decide.

Oh, I must've missed that when I looked at the link...My fault!
*slaps self upside head*
Sorry about that.

Thanks for the heads-up, BTW.

Now you're talking about importing your old save...
>_>
<_<
*confused*

Yeah, I'll probably play FOV first time around w/ my imported character from Ego Draconis. First, I need to finish ED, of course. :P

I'm sure once my Derick Divine character is done with in both ED + FOV...I'll create another character and play again.

When wanting to play as a different character, who knows - maybe I'll start w/ FOV content. Maybe I'll start w/ ED. Who the hell knows. wink

I'm sure some people who never finished ED might just start off w/ FOV, since that is allowed - and might want to know what level that portion of the game starts at. I'm sure we're all curious. wink We'll just have to wait and see, until it's decided upon, I guess.

Last edited by MysterD; 06/03/10 05:05 PM.
C
cap Offline
stranger
stranger
C
I'm wrong got my D&DS mixs up
Cap

veteran
veteran
Hi MisterD ;),

you used sometimes "w/" :
what does it mean?? smirk

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard