Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#352616 26/05/08 09:15 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I couldn't find any other place to approtiately place this topic.. I Found nothing much on LED

I don't even know if any users of this game even exist anymore, I know for a fact that LED is not abandonware I believe, I've seen it in other places for download as a demo or the full version paying a small tiny fee.

I tried googleing for some help and found nothing..

No manuals no nothing and I have the actal CD For The LEd Wars.
It just comes with no manual.

NOw I don't know what i did but I need some one that is familiar with the game play as you see.

I Run Windows XP and i was able to play it fine

The mouse scrolls the screen for you.. and I don't have any controls on what does what i just know the F1 To F8 Keys can lock special snap spots of the map as you play the game.

I have no idea what i did though I pressed like all the keys once to find out what does what becuase i forgot how to use them and the keylayout, and boom.. Now when I put the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen.. IT NO LONGER scrolls down o_o;;

I've done everything to even pushing each button once to get it back to how it was.. and now for some reason it just will not let me scroll down anymore.

Has anyone ever had this problem before when the game came out? can anyone please help me?
I am trying to get it to stop.. I've tried un-installing and reduing it all over again with the install and it still won't let me do it.. I even checked the registry data in my REG files.. and I only found one file that just has a blank on it.. I deleted that key and still nothing.. idk. what it is..

If you know any old skool gamers that has this game and can remember anything of it.. please let me know.. or if there is a way to edit the data for me to fix it.. My god I really could use some help..

Thanks <3

Last edited by Brickstin; 26/05/08 09:15 PM.
Brickstin #352620 26/05/08 10:00 PM
Support
Support
Check if you enabled Caps Lock (or Scroll Lock / Num Lock). In Divine Divinity enabling Caps Lock (or holding down the shift key) allowed you to move the screen focus away from the character (to see further or to toss stuff farther away), which resulted in the screen focus not following the character when using stairs, etc. Perhaps something similar was used in LED Wars.

Do you have the radar or a menu bar or something at the bottom of the screen?

There should be a manual.doc file on the CD (at least). I have the DVD case, 2 CD version of LED Wars bundled with Mortyr (a first person shooter), but have not gotten around to trying it yet.

Hotkeys
· 'c': Localize your construction vehicle
· 'x': Make current selection active
· 's': Make current selection sentry
· SHIFT+'q': Quit game
· 'r': Toggle radar
· 'h': Jump to last spot where you were attacked
· 'o': Toggle options screen
· CTRL+'1'..'9': Create bookmark
· '1'..'9': Jump to bookmark
· CTRL+F1..CTRL+F10: Record current selection
· F1..F10: Jump to and select recorded selection
· SHIFT+F1..SHIFT+F10: Do not jump to but select recorded selection
· 'a': Make friends with unit side you are pointing at with your mouse
· ENTER: Send messages in multiplayer mode

If nothing else helps, you should be able to move or copy any saved game files/folders to another location, and then just delete the LED Wars folder and re-install it and the patches (the version I have has the 2 patches on the CD as a separate install).

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #352623 26/05/08 10:30 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I bought an specimen one or two months ago, by the way.

Haven't installed it yet.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Raze #352629 27/05/08 03:51 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Raze
Check if you enabled Caps Lock (or Scroll Lock / Num Lock). In Divine Divinity enabling Caps Lock (or holding down the shift key) allowed you to move the screen focus away from the character (to see further or to toss stuff farther away), which resulted in the screen focus not following the character when using stairs, etc. Perhaps something similar was used in LED Wars.

Do you have the radar or a menu bar or something at the bottom of the screen?

There should be a manual.doc file on the CD (at least). I have the DVD case, 2 CD version of LED Wars bundled with Mortyr (a first person shooter), but have not gotten around to trying it yet.

Hotkeys
· 'c': Localize your construction vehicle
· 'x': Make current selection active
· 's': Make current selection sentry
· SHIFT+'q': Quit game
· 'r': Toggle radar
· 'h': Jump to last spot where you were attacked
· 'o': Toggle options screen
· CTRL+'1'..'9': Create bookmark
· '1'..'9': Jump to bookmark
· CTRL+F1..CTRL+F10: Record current selection
· F1..F10: Jump to and select recorded selection
· SHIFT+F1..SHIFT+F10: Do not jump to but select recorded selection
· 'a': Make friends with unit side you are pointing at with your mouse
· ENTER: Send messages in multiplayer mode

If nothing else helps, you should be able to move or copy any saved game files/folders to another location, and then just delete the LED Wars folder and re-install it and the patches (the version I have has the 2 patches on the CD as a separate install).

IT doesn't matter.. I tried all those keys and the version that I have is 1.13b

I don't have any patches or anything I am running this on windows XP HOme SP2 on I tried all those caps lock configurations like you said.. and tried to use the keys to get them.. this CD version does not have a manual or anything just a quick setup that tells you can run this game off the CD it self.. I pulledo out my old hard drive and it runs windows MILENNIUM on it. I put that on this PC that I use.. it's a IBM Levono A50 8085 MOdel.. WIndows Home. When I ran the game on the other operating system, it allowed me to move down.. The mouse pointed to the bottom like I made it too, and the screen scrolled down, I was able to play the game right but when I try it on windows XP. it works.. but see thats the thing, for some reason it used to work! I don't know what happened..

I have no patches no manual I have nothing.. if you could some how get me those patches I would really appretiate it: maybe that might fix the problem, but If it's something to do with windows XP.. then maybe Some one that would know this game well could tell me.. I honestly do not know what happened, I tried all compatibility versions and everything.. i tried wih the text visuals off. I tried it with the 256 color modes, I tried everything on the compat modes. and It still doesn't allow me to MOVE DOWN.. I don't know why..

The Disk that I have here is directly from Ionos Stuidios it self.. It's a small CD case Jewel case and it just has the picture of the intro story in the background with the harvesters and all that jazz.

I do not know what the problem could be... I don't know.. I honestly do not..I'm still trying to crack it, I even deleted and uninstalled the folders like you said to... so blah..

Brickstin #352634 27/05/08 09:54 AM
Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (anti-virus, etc) before starting the game?

I can probably try installing the game tomorrow, but I am still running Win98, so couldn't tell if it is an XP problem.

The two patches bring the game version to 1.15b. Here is a link with the LED Wars patches and manual (505KB).

What's fixed in patch 01 (brings the version to 1.14b)

- You can now use ALT+TAB to switch to other applications in Windows 95
- Some misspelling has been corrected
- Some mouse problems have been corrected
- Pause feature now works completely
- Help file has been included
- You can now create order a building to create several units, instead of just one
- Since some people complained the game was too hard, there are now three additional levels of difficulty
- A problem with the save games has been solved
- You can now adjust the growth speed of LED plants

What's fixed in patch 02 (brings the version to 1.15b)

- Units which are active will now engage the enemy if they encounter it on their path
- Units will not stand around idly when an enemy unit passes by
- One of the multiplayer maps has been fixed

Last edited by Raze; 05/08/18 04:53 AM. Reason: fix link
Raze #352828 06/06/08 04:15 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Oh dang The forums was down but yeah.. I did some testing i have three operating systems.

Windows ME

98SE
and Xp

I tried them all

It only does it on XP
Even HOme and PRO

Strange huh?

thanks for the patches though.. Meep xD

shrugs * It sucks I just have to the contructor to move around on the map.. it really makes game play difficult though.. bah....

but yeah .. the curser does not move the scrollling downwards when i point down on Windows XP

it works on all other operating systems i have mentioned.

Last edited by Brickstin; 06/06/08 04:17 AM.
Brickstin #352829 06/06/08 04:49 AM
Support
Support

If you move your Windows task bar to the top or side of the desktop, does that make any difference in the game?

I don't have access to an XP system right now, but can probably get my brother to try it tomorrow. If the same think happens on his system it is probably due to some change between Win 9x and XP; if the game scrolls properly, it is probably something system dependent (drivers, background program, etc).

Brickstin #362342 27/04/09 05:58 PM
Support
Support

Someone PMed me a link for a fixed executable which solves the problem of not being able to use the mouse cursor to move the screen focus down in Windows XP (never tried it in Vista). There are 2 bytes changed in this file compared to the second patch executable.

Here is the link to the rar file at Rapidshare (165KB), and an alternate link as a zip file here (188KB).

Last edited by Raze; 05/08/18 04:55 AM. Reason: fix link
Raze #408993 15/03/10 10:26 PM
U
stranger
stranger
U
I bet I am the only one in the UK with the full box version with the manual sheet and huge cardboard end-user agreement! Thanks to the patch I can play the game in XP as before it was seeing the exe as a non win32 executable!

uk_john #409009 16/03/10 03:13 AM
Support
Support

I didn't even know Larian existed until the DD demo was released. I bought a re-release DVD case version of LED Wars a couple years after that.

Raze #409250 19/03/10 02:34 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I was lucky to buy a specimen on ebay - CD only in the case, nothing else.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
W
stranger
stranger
W
I have the new patch the works perfectly on XP. its GREAT!!! thanks a lot =]. Anyone wanna try multiplayer sometime?

Support
Support

I'm not a big fan of RTS games, in general. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to get the hang of, but I seem to particularly suck at LED Wars...

Raze #413747 05/06/10 02:57 PM
W
stranger
stranger
W
yeah its a pretty hard one. what im about to do is edit the original version to work under xp. that way you can order your troops around while the game is paused (this was fixed in the patch). and honestly its unfair that the AI can do everything at once, while you cant. so hopefully this works =]. it makes the game much fairer and easier.

Raze #413748 05/06/10 02:59 PM
W
stranger
stranger
W
oh and also ive totally mastered the game, so im sure that helped haha. i can beat almost every stage in just a very short time. i wish i could record the gameplay and make something like a walkthrough. this would also increase exposure for this poor game. but switching windows doesnt work under XP. havent found a way to fix that yet.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by wasredskin92
i wish i could record the gameplay

There are a few programs able to do it. I heard that xfire, for example, can do this as well, or/and fraps, but I never used them, actually.

--Dilbert cartoon

old hand
old hand
XFire doesn't support LED-Wars, it's too old/unknown.
Fraps might be an option though, or maybe Gamecam if that doesn't work.

isorun #413930 09/06/10 12:06 AM
old hand
old hand
Fraps works surely,but the nearest version only with watermark "www.fraps.com" for 20 sek. and the newest one is only a buy-version for 37,-$
This video was recorded with the last free version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWymYsHZaxw

Last edited by rockasracoon; 09/06/10 12:07 AM.

Wenn man die Meinung der Mehrheit teilt ist es Zeit sich zu besinnen
old hand
old hand
oops,sry..not this one..the next one...but it is not in english...i will post it here,when it is lookable in youtube....sry for that spam

old hand
old hand
Sry...video for utube too large...workin' on it

so now...two parts ,in the sescond all cuts are 'filmed' with fraps in hd... all in german but u get a picture

Part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb4UHG1ZhSs
Part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCiiqbQG4jg

capable only for users of this forum...(if u have the link)

have fun

Last edited by rockasracoon; 10/06/10 11:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard