Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kein
Why casual gamer (you) does that in the first place? What the point? To feel himself KEWL? Bu you aren't and youk now that. Don't make bad decision, choose only thing you can handle.
THAT'S why the game has 3 difficulty levels. So ppl can choose whatever suits them.

Whoa, i called you Einstein, and boy, was i wrong . You are Uri Geller, obviously, because you know some magic ways that allow you to find out on which difficulty i play, and you even found out that i'm a "casual gamer" and want to be "KEWL".
On the other hand, you might just be incoherently babbling made up stuff. Because i am NOT playing on hard, i am NOT a casual gamer, and i (or better: my char) am more than able to handle anything the game throws at me.
This is a single player game, so how exactly could anyone even try to look KEWL when there is noone around to see it? What makes you think this might be some kind of issue with people complaining about the respawn? Are YOU per chance trying to look badass by telling everyone how you enjoy killing those mobs over and over again to get a "true universal class"?
Could it be, just maybe, that people are complaining because it is boring and consumes time without being an addition to the games atmosphere?

old hand
old hand
Again, I would like to tell you I didn't troll.

I remember when you came to this forum and you were helpful. Most of your latest posts, however, strike me as trolling. Whenever there's an opening for a cheap shot, you seem to go for it. Maybe I'm not seeing all of your posts and not the big picture, but if cheap shots are the only reason why you're here, I would join a forum where you can be happy, helpful and constructive once in a while, instead of repeating what you've said over and again.

Now I don't want to pollute this thread with a yes/no discussion. If you want, you can PM me. I just don't wanna see active, enthousiastic forum users turn into drones smile

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
Beornegar
Because i am NOT playing on hard

, i am NOT a casual gamer,

and i (or better: my char) am more than able to handle anything the game throws at me.

Amazing. So, you're playing on normal/easy, you're not a casual gamer and your character are well-made for battles. Yet, you SILL have the issues when I don't?
Explains.

ForkTong
I remember when you came to this forum and you were helpful.

Well, as you mentioned already "I didn't saw the whole picture at that time".

instead of repeating what you've said over and again.

Maybe I'll stop it when Larian stop to repeating himself over and over again in their products (games in this case)? I understand, there must be something common in the RPG/game series, especially from the same developer, but why repeat the same things over and over again, especially in such cheap and lame key/direction?

Casual POPS music sells good as well, but it's all repetative and the same boring sh**.

Is Larian so scared to make something complicated like DAO? Consider the fact that Divinity games it's own unique (at last a bit) game universe (when DAO is made of a templates from LOTR), having a bit more sensible, complicated and logical plot/setting would be just great.

But instead, you do something "not-so-serios-for-kids" and this makes me sad. It makes me RAEG.

journeyman
journeyman

Amazing. So, you're playing on normal/easy, you're not a casual gamer and your character are well-made for battles. Yet, you SILL have the issues when I don't?
Explains.

The fact that you can't seem to get the difference between "issues" with killing mobs and "being bored" by doing so explains something about you, indeed.

Enough food for the troll, i'm outta here.

stranger
stranger
hi all,

Forumusers and LarianStudio
please forgive me (us) and "Kein" for
words wrote in anger!

2 Kein:

- be careful with your words, they can cause much more pain
"as you maight think!"

RESPAWN: - read post bevore

DIFF.LVL: - take an lower difficulty cant be the right answer for this prob.
( more complicated - as you maight think!)

PLOT: - your opinion is just "your view of this", try 2 relax my friend.

RussianForum: - im an russian
- but never thought an Real Russian would act like you ...

("Well, may be we're too slow in Soviet Russia ..." - whats this?
Try to to expand your horizons.)

Sry for bad english.

Dawei, cu.

Der Klügere gibt nach ... ...weil die Klugen immer nachgeben, regieren die Dummen die Welt!
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Спасибо, DJPELMEN smile Your English is just fine!

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Axel
Kein's comments are cheap. Don't take them too seriously. wink

Bahahaa.
Axel>>>
smile

On topic:
I really think you guys should take it to the streets (PM's).

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Can't we all just get along?! Jesus didn't die for our sins just so we could argue on a forum!

@ForkTong

Dear Mr ForkTong, I should caution you that sticking your head in a box of puppies is quite dangerous. You wouldn't be the first to get his face chewed off. Also refrain from eating garlic when you do this, that's just inconsiderate.

@Axel

Please don't start shit on this forum. You're better than this.

A very disappointed ALF

apprentice
apprentice
How about we just take a good look at this picture, and repent for our sins...

[Linked Image]

I like to thank you all for being fantastic fans, specially you Kein, I love you man!

veteran
veteran
That's not even a dragon! Some pretty ugly lizard! :P

A
veteran
veteran
A
Nice. Absolutely nice.

Kein was able to upset even Larian Studios members.

How much power he has !

@Kein: Weren't you the r0xx0r who told "us" in the official Drakensang forum oh how boring the game was ? Because - as I assume - ALL points were put into combat ? And NOTHING into other skills ?

You use emotional, personal attacks on people to get what you wnt. The lesser the chance you get what you want, the more your posts are intended to hurt pople. You are no more reasoning, you use posts as "emotional tools" for getting what you want.

And you want a Blizzard-like game. Action, action, action, hacking, slashing, blood, murder, experience points.

What we see here is the difficult of the balace of Divinity 2. It is mrketed as an Action-RPG, thus people play it as such.

Some people don't know what the balance is; they decide to look at Divinity 2 and FOV as a mere action game in whih the main goal is to become as powerful as possible - and to probably bath in the feeling of having defeated ALL enemies (and sometimes even non-enemies. There are players who do this.)

This is kind of a "testimonial of manhood" to some. A man is only then a "real man", when he defeats as many foes as possible, and progresses so far that he is "mightier" thn everyone else. In warrior cultures, this would definitively be the case.

But - what is in fact role-playing ? Some people assume the riole of a "killer", with the goal to receive as much experience points as possible.

"I fight, therefore I play a role."

Other players assume different roles, like me, for example, to whom Divinity 2 & FOV is in its core nothing but an Adventure game - with some added combat.

Now, where is the balance ? Are people actually willing to see it ?

Will players tolerate other views ? Other ways of playing a role ? I assume that Kein, for example, considers me as a "weakling", because I don't make much of the fighting aspect at all. Rather, I look at the story aspect of the game.

Right now, what we have, is a personal vendetta of Kein and of some other people. Kein reacts to criticism of his own ways to play this game as if his own honour had been damaged. Thus the counter-attack, based on personal insults and on emotion, rather thn on logical reasoning.

My personal solution would be to build into a game a button for respawn on/off from the beginning on.
In my opinion, the player should be enabled to decide wich kind of playing style he or she would like to have.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
@AlrikFassbauer

Good Posting !

Best
ZG

veteran
veteran
Kein was able to upset even Larian Studios members.

Barely doubt it's just me. I guess they were able to see something in my words that bothers them too, but they lied to himself "it's ok". And when I'd put it on the table it wasn't so ok after all.

@Kein: Weren't you the r0xx0r who told "us" in the official Drakensang forum oh how boring the game was ? Because - as I assume - ALL points were put into combat ? And NOTHING into other skills ?

Never played Drakensag but always wanted to know if it worth it?

And you want a Blizzard-like game. Action, action, action, hacking, slashing, blood, murder, experience points.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5169/putinlold.jpg
I'm the last person who want to see a lot of action in Divinity games. I thought it was obvious since I mentioned Dragon Age and Planescape: Torment as an anology in my previous posts on this forums.
But we don't read, do we? We just judge people by it's clothes :P

What we see here is the difficult of the balace of Divinity 2. It is mrketed as an Action-RPG, thus people play it as such.

Some people don't know what the balance is; they decide to look at Divinity 2 and FOV as a mere action game in whih the main goal is to become as powerful as possible - and to probably bath in the feeling of having defeated ALL enemies (and sometimes even non-enemies. There are players who do this.)

*did reread it few times*
I don't get, that's just water under bridge and makes no point.
Captain Obvious says: ALL divinity games IS an action-rpg games. And ppl whining about respawn in action-RPG - makes no sense to me as well.

But - what is in fact role-playing

Uh, this new generation makes me sad :<
Lemme put it simple: Divinity game NEVAR has any good role-playing elements, just some rudimentary things.
Fallout 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate

^^-> THIS is an etalon of the role-playing game. Where you can play role, be a bad guy or not, kill children or not, make decision after all. Lol, try to make decision in that first cutscene with Talana. "Oh, we're doing business for Dragon Knight's now? OKAY sir!".

So, the words of yours about some role-playing in the Div games still is a mystery for me.

Will players tolerate other views ? Other ways of playing a role ? I assume that Kein, for example, considers me as a "weakling", because I don't make much of the fighting aspect at all. Rather, I look at the story aspect of the game.

I'm not gonna consider you as a weakling or sumtin. I guess you cut those words from a context in my previous posts. I've used it just to show that difficulty level MUST make the difference or it makes no sense. The guys was like "I wanna play without any problem on any diff level!!111"
Meh, makes me RAEG.

Right now, what we have, is a personal vendetta of Kein and of some other people.

Yeah, right, it's all about personal vendetta coz... coz of what/ Coz some guy found this respwn as a hard thing and i didn't. And coz of that I start to make my personal vendetta?
SENSE.
Can someone add some in my coffe? Coz I see none here and I really need some.

ein reacts to criticism of his own ways to play this game as if his own honour had been damaged.

You know what is funny? I never said in this section of a forum how I play FoV.
Mindread, ok.

My personal solution would be to build into a game a button for respawn on/off from the beginning on.

yeah, right.
Why then don't add others buttons like:
"No enemies on/off"
"Only good lot on/off"
"x2 EXP on/off"
"x5 EXP on/off"
"Mana cost on/off"

No, really, if we're going to have a PERSONAL CUSTOMIZABLE aRPG game then why not? Go ahead.

stranger
stranger
Please give me strenght,

Kein read my posts carefully .. on german Forum 2
(as you can)

You got the whole point of this tread wrong
my missguided friend.

@Kein - RUS: tak dawei ne nervirui mne golawu, i wsem nam.

Noone will take the respawn off because of "cant beat enemy groups"
ohh .. read my posts plz.

you should thank me not 2 react like you did here

be nice, CU

Der Klügere gibt nach ... ...weil die Klugen immer nachgeben, regieren die Dummen die Welt!
stranger
stranger
Respawn in every 5 seconds maybe is too much (its really so fast?). If you could create a source (maybe a teleport stone or portal :p) where mobs respawn that could be destroyed i think it would solve the problem for everyone. You could also put some special monsters in some secret places that are hard to kill but give more exp points and unique items. If at this point this is impossible to do it than a turn on/off in the options maybe is the only solution for everyone to be happy.

Kein i love divinity games for its humor and not so serious plot and im certain that many others would share the same opinion.

Maybe in another rpg they could create a more serious and "mature" plot but in the divinity universe i dont think it would work...

stranger
stranger
Other thing that could be done to limit respawn is to have items in game for that purpose.
An anti-monster item that turn of the respawn of a creature type for example or all the creatures in a zone.

addict
addict
we're too slow in Soviet Russia

Well, I'm glad you said it and not me. wink

Last edited by Libertarian; 12/08/10 11:36 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
Do these 5 second interval respawns happen everywhere, or are they mayhap related to certain quests that could explain the respawns?

I've dealt with these kinds of respawns in Sacred 2, and while in the beginning it was good for levelling up, but once your character became powerful it just became a nuisance.

A
veteran
veteran
A
To me, this respawn makes sense in the sense as long as someone is actually causing this respawn.
Just as a thought.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
A
veteran
veteran
A

yeah, right.
Why then don't add others buttons like:
"No enemies on/off"
"Only good lot on/off"
"x2 EXP on/off"
"x5 EXP on/off"
"Mana cost on/off"

No, really, if we're going to have a PERSONAL CUSTOMIZABLE aRPG game then why not? Go ahead.

Is Divinity 2 & FOV actually an Action-RPG ?

You seem to believe so; I don't.

--Dilbert cartoon

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard