Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
1. At the start of Ego Draconis, how many years has it been since the end of Divine Divinity? How many years has it been since the end of Beyond Divinity?

2. Maxos created the order of Dragon Knights, but how many were there?

3. After Maxos vanished, were there any more Dragon Knights created in the interm? I'm presuming no because Laiken started occupying the tower.

4. How long do Dragon Knights live? Talana was still around, and Laiken had been occupying the tower for hundreds of years.

5. When Sassan

is revived, is that her original body, or a new one created after her spirit is reunited with her (presumably magical) ring?

6. At the end, when

Y'Gerna wakes up, is that Y'Gerna's original body from her death decades ago, or a new body created at the point where she was revived?

old hand
old hand
I can answer 4, 5 and 6.

4: That blind man said that dragon knights were immortal correct? He said how he envies you for that or something. I guess that is why the series is called Divinity? Because dragons are a form of divinity.

5: I doubt it. Her body was being used by the creature Laiken created and it was her original body. So I think it is a new body.

6: It would appear that it is Y'Gerna's body. Damien must've cast magic to prevent it from decaying.

Last edited by Demonic; 11/10/10 05:00 PM.
Support
Support

There was a 20 year span between DD and BD, with enough time after BD for a war with the Black Ring, followed by the formation, rise and decline of the dragon slayers, as they almost completely wipe out the dragons, while the Black Ring became a distant memory. I'd guess 20 to 30 years between BD and D2:ED.

The battle tower isn't necessary to create dragon knights.

In the first game, the Black Ring captured an angel to try to twist a prophecy to their ends, but it escaped by splitting into 3 aspects and entered 3 people (the player character, and 2 others). Eventually you complete a ritual in the game to become the Divine One. Before being renamed Divine Divinity by the publisher, the game was called Divinity: Sword of Lies.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hmmm...

20 years between DD and BD sounds right, but some other things suggest that it's 50 years after the Divine One's death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtFZt5tI4E&feature=related

http://www.divinity2.com/story.php?kap=3

Throughout the climactic battle, the scales of victory could have tipped either way. But then the unthinkable happened: one of the Dragon Knights betrayed and slew the unsuspecting Divine. During the confusion that ensued, the Paladins started to fight Dragon and Demon alike. Luckily Zandalor was able to rally the troops and so narrowly avoid disaster. Damian, who had already lost much of his forces and had seen his revenge materialised, ordered his army to abandon the field. His dominion over Rivellon could wait. And besides, he had other things on his mind.

After the bitter stalemate that resulted, both sides took the time to lick their wounds and mankind prepared for yet another war. When this war did not take place after a year and not even after a decade, the good people of Rivellon were convinced Damian no longer posed a significant threat, started to relax and rebuild their lives. Now more than half a century has passed and though the Damned One still has a more than frightful reputation, he is regarded as a distant threat at best.

I do still wonder how much time between the end of BD and the Death of the Divine One. The story mentions that the war after BD lasted for several years. Between 3-5 years, I guess. So ED takes place 75 years or so after DD and 55 or so after BD?

Support
Support

I forgot about that mention of half a century, and just guessed at a reasonable minimum time frame.

old hand
old hand
6. Black Ring has a lot of necromancers. I gather they "fixed" Y'Gerna's body.

Originally Posted by Demonic
I can answer 4, 5 and 6.

4: That blind man said that dragon knights were immortal correct? He said how he envies you for that or something. I guess that is why the series is called Divinity? Because dragons are a form of divinity.

5: I doubt it. Her body was being used by the creature Laiken created and it was her original body. So I think it is a new body.

6: It would appear that it is Y'Gerna's body. Damien must've cast magic to prevent it from decaying.

There's nowhere mentioned, that
CopySasan was made out of the real Sasan's parts: "he made me to look like her, he pieced me together to resemble her". Also later she mentioned your sharp tongue and how she would use it for her own, which pretty much gives out her (and her master's) habit of collecting various parts for the body, not the original ones. But I do agree, that the real Sasan for whatever reason got a new body, maybe her original one was destroyed by the ritual, Laiken performed to break Maxos spell

EDIT: and of course spoiler, just in case
Just to quote Sassan as I calmed the wind and lit the candles right now
Dragon Knight: "Is it possible, that I've met your evil twin?"
Sassan: "No! She's an abomination, a ghoulish duplicate, pieced together from different corpses"
There, I guess the real Sassan should know best if her body parts were used, or not

Last edited by Levianne; 13/11/19 02:13 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard