2/ Known problems and troubleshooting
* On some systems, switching between Divinity II - Ego Draconis and Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance may take some time and may briefly show a black screen.
* To be up to date on the latest version, you should install the latest patch of the game available on http://www.divinity2-saga.com
* Do not play with a No DVD crack or with an illegal version of the game. The game contains hidden security measures which will degrade game functionality in case it detects a crack is being used. One example is the inability to jump, but there are plenty of others.
* Make sure you meet the minimum specs. These can be found on the box.
* Adjust the options to your specs. If you're trying to play on high or extreme, and you're experiencing stuttering, adjust your options. Try to put your settings on high instead of extreme. Work down from there.
* The latest version of DirectX9.0c needs to be installed. Also on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
* Install the latest version of PhysX and the Visual C++ redistributables. Up to date versions at time of release can be found on the DVD in the support directory or online at the following links: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...&displaylang=en http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...&displaylang=en
* Update your graphics and audio drivers as well as your Operating System.
* If you have a dual core AMD CPU, try installing AMD's very own Dual-Core Optimizer and other CPU related drivers. Re-installing these can help if you have severe stuttering.
* If you get the error message "couldn't create renderer", change your desktop resolution to a lower resolution, and try starting the game. In the game's options screen, check the box that says "don't use desktop resolution" and apply.
* Another way to resolve the "couldn't create renderer" error message is to put the windows font size to 100%. Larger values can cause the error message.
* If you are a developer yourself, don't run the game with DirectX in debug.
* Don't try loading a save game that was created with a newer version of the game.
* Disable Crossfire / SLI for this game.
* If you are on Windows Vista / Windows 7, disable desktop composition.
* The game uses WMV which is natively supported by Windows. Do not install extra codecs. Some strange codecs or packs may have messed up your codec database and may have affected WMV playback. In some cases, codec related problems have lead to the game crashing before or after the main menu.
* If the intro movie does not play, you need to:
a/ download and install the WM9 Codecs
from Microsoft's website here
b/ download and install the hotfix that is described in this Microsoft article: 32bit XP 64bit XP
* If you are experiencing securom problems and the DVD is not recognized anymore, where once it was, try disabling antivirus software when launching the game. Also do not run DVD emulation software.
* If you are experiencing behavior similar to playing with a No DVD crack, but you are playing with the normal EXE and with the DVD in the drive, check the DVD disc and your disc drive, and contact SecuRom Support
* During compatibility testing we have noticed that on some systems performance can increase by disabling PhysX acceleration in the nVidia control panel (or setting it to CPU)
* If you are experiencing stuttering, please close any background applications that could be the cause of this. (Virus scanners, optimization tools ...)
* If you are having trouble using the middle mouse button in the game, please verify you have set the middle mouse button correctly in your windows mouse settings or mouse brand specific software.