Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I have a nVIDIA GTX280 ... I tried the steam method as well... tried a few different compatabilities and I can also conform this method does not work for me... I tried AA and 4 and 8... It did absolutly nothing regardless of whether or not HDR is on or off.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Running ATI 5970 & 5870 Tri-Fire and have just got AA to work in game using ATI's 10.9 drivers (10.10 were pants anyhoo).

In CCC

3D tab

AA = 8 x
AA mode = adaptive multisample
AF = aplication controlled
AI = advanced

In game

Options - graphics = Extreme settings but Switched off Screenspace AA and HDR

God what a difference, gameworlds beautiful.

Oh, and turn of V-sysnc, some screen tearing but the game world moves a damn site quicker.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Soulmancer
I have a nVIDIA GTX280 ... I tried the steam method as well... tried a few different compatabilities and I can also conform this method does not work for me... I tried AA and 4 and 8... It did absolutly nothing regardless of whether or not HDR is on or off.

Are you using the latest driver version, 260.99? I really can't think of a reason driver-forced AA would work on one GPU and not another. Are you sure you did every step? Picked the exe out, changed the profile AND the AA setting? Hit apply?

I am using the STALKER one by the way.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Soulmancer

Try setting it to override the application's settings if you have not done so (by default it uses the application's settings).

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Man, still doesn't work frown I have the 260.99 drivers (nvidia) and followed the instructions to the letter. The only difference from the other people who have had success could be my configuration: I am on Windows Vista 32-bit.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pulverizer
Man, still doesn't work frown I have the 260.99 drivers (nvidia) and followed the instructions to the letter. The only difference from the other people who have had success could be my configuration: I am on Windows Vista 32-bit.

It works for me in Ego Draconis with 32-bit Vista.

HDR off.
Create profile for the game (with add button).
Override application AA setting.
Set the AA level / sampling.

B
stranger
stranger
B
That particular AA worked Fantastic for me. The game looks superb and still plays at the capped 30 FPS (I have the steam version and am waiting). I have the HDR off on mine, just as a preference. The exact setting I have on mine (and it looks freakin' fantastic) are:

Antialiasing compatibility on, set to 0x0000F0C1, for me that is [Gothic 2/3, Trine]
Antialisaing mode, set to Overide any application setting
Antialiasing setting, set to [16x CSAA (4 color + 12 cv samples)]
Antialiasing Multisampling Enabled

As I said, the game looks and plays fantastic. And this does make a very big visual difference, it almost feels like a different game even.

Originally Posted by Knight Flyer
Running ATI 5970 & 5870 Tri-Fire and have just got AA to work in game using ATI's 10.9 drivers (10.10 were pants anyhoo).

In CCC

3D tab

AA = 8 x
AI = advanced

In game

Oh, and turn of V-sysnc, some screen tearing but the game world moves a damn site quicker.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it did. claphands

This worked for me, thank you knight Flyer.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
K
stranger
stranger
K
Hello everyone!

I've been fiddling with enabling AA using Nvidia Inspector as per the steam thread suggested.
Just wanted to say that if it doesnt work for your game with the values listed in that thread, have a look on the internet and try to find other games using the Gamebryo engine, and then try and use the values associated with the profile for those games.

I've been able to enable some form of AA (have to crank it up to 8x for it to have a significant visual impact though so it's not always a 100% win/win) using the value from Fallout 3 I believe (0x20000000).

you can find a small non exhaustive list here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Gamebryo_games

And check the associated profiles within Ninspector.

So try and give some other values a try, you never know!

Personally I don't mind playing at 30fps all that much anymore (not saying it's not a pain, just that well I suppose you do get used to it after a while, as long as you don't pop in another game running at 60+ FPS) as long as I can get rid of the jaggfest.

To each his own I guess.

Happy gaming!

Last edited by Kray; 10/11/10 03:25 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Kray
Personally I don't mind playing at 30fps all that much anymore (not saying it's not a pain, just that well I suppose you do get used to it after a while, as long as you don't pop in another game running at 60+ FPS) as long as I can get rid of the jaggfest.

Yeah, I am leaving the 30fps cap on at the moment because I assume forcing AA will make my framerate quite jumpy otherwise.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello,

Have a suggestion for you.
Try exporting the NVIDIA driver profile with the Geforce SLI Profile Tool.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=3*AYJIek&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_tbl=9&p_id=2625&p_created=1274701918&p_olh=0

Then open the exported file and look for the proper profile entry (Assuming you created one for the game).
Once you located it look for a specific entry under the profile named: Setting ID_0x00d55f7d.
That is the specific entry for Antialiasing Compatability, if it is not there that means NVIDIA Inspector did not properly register it in the profile.
In that case manually enter in that line under the game profile and add the specific antialiasing compatability string from Oblivion(0x200100c5) or S.T.A.L.K.E.R(0x0000f0c1)
It should then look something like this: Setting ID_0x00d55f7d = 0x200100c5
You might have to enter: UserSpecified=true at the end of the line as well so it would ultimately look something like this: Setting ID_0x00d55f7d = 0x200100c5 UserSpecified=true

Then import the new profile using the same tool.
Make sure override is selected under antialiasing mode in control panel or NVIDIA Inspector and see if that works.

Was messing around with the NVIDIA Inspector tool and noticed that it didn't always save the new antialiasing compatability setting when I hit apply. It did save other settings that I tried but not always that one. Sometimes I had to hit apply button more than once for the setting to register.
Was able to confirm all this by using the Geforce SLI Profile Tool.

Hope it works for you!

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Paris
Originally Posted by Knight Flyer

In CCC

3D tab

AA = 8 x
AI = advanced

In game

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it did. claphands

This worked for me, thank you knight Flyer.

You are most welcome groovy

Last edited by Knight Flyer; 10/11/10 07:53 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Hello, I used the Nvidia Inspector and forced AA. It was working but I want to turn it off because my PSU is dying and I cant really stress my 280 gtx that much. I couldnt find my profile, does anyone know how to undo it or uninstall it?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello,

Just open up the NVIDIA Contol Panel and under Manage 3D settings then the Program Settings tab locate your profile by name and press the button remove on the right hand side then make sure and hit the apply button at the bottom and that will remove the specific game profile.

Hope that helps!

A
stranger
stranger
A
nothing to solve the problem permanently? Larian?

G
stranger
stranger
G
I think I've found something helpful.

After hours of tinkering, I finally found the graphics settings file ( User/AppData/Local/Divinity 2/Profile/graphicoptions.xml ), and lo and behold, the resolution was stored wrong. Setting to 1920 x 1080 in the game resulted in 1680 x 1050 in the file. I simply changed the res manually in the file, and boom, AA works! At least, in 1920 x 1080.

Last edited by gigazord; 24/11/10 09:28 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
For Ati users with 5xxx cards and up, you can download ati hotfix 11.1a and use morphological filtering(post aa effect), its not perfect, but its definitely better than no aa.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I noticed that AA out does not work in the widescreen mode (1440x900). In the mode 4:3(1280x1024)and flag 0x0000F0C1 works fine. How can this problem be decided?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Exsperimental method found that if the game select screen resolution of 1280x800 it actually will be displayed resolution of 1440x900 and AA will work But image blurred frown

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
This has helped me after all else failed (using Nvidia's FXAA with the help off a little programm created by "some_dude", based on ESNB series I think) - it works wonders:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=448326#Post448326

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard