Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hope it will be a good one

Dragon Age Origins VS Divinity II (The Dragon Knight Saga)

Answer:

?
?
?

M
addict
addict
M
Too Different to compare.

It's like comparing Quake and Rainbow Six. Both are FPS, but the gameplay is totally different.

Here both are RPG, but gameplay is totally different.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah one is point and click, the other is hack and slash.

old hand
old hand

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Dragon Age Origins is a tactical RPG like say Temple of Elemental Evil. Divinity 2 is closer to Diablo, though from a much different perspective.

As for how it compares to other recent third-person action RPGs, well... it's much better than Arcania, which is a piece of crap. Not sure whether it is better than Risen or not, that's a close call and Risen is a bit more polished (on PC anyway). If you want to go as far back as Oblivion then Divinity 2 suffers from not being as slick and mainstream, but at the same time it offers much deeper quests and RPG systems, which is what I care most about.

It's a great game though, very glad I bought it.

old hand
old hand
In my very humble opinion, tactics in Dragon Age are nowhere near Temple of Elemental Evil.

Tweeting @forktong
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I bought Dragon Age Origins, installed it, played it a bit and thought "what the '''' and took it back to the shop.

I bought The Dragon Knights Saga a few days ago (as most of did) and lets just say it was half past eight this morning when I got to bed.

I've had four hours kip and once I've scoffed me mince n taters I'm of back to Rivellon.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Knight Flyer
I've had four hours kip and once I've scoffed me mince n taters I'm of back to Rivellon.

Spoken like a true Dragon Slayer, me Lad! Tally-ho, pip pip and Bob's your uncle!

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Macbeth

Spoken like a true Dragon Slayer, me Lad! Tally-ho, pip pip and Bob's your uncle!

Hmm, didn't happen, had me tea was just about to sit down and enjoy some more DKS when visitors arrived, aah well never mind, much to his gf's chagrin I sold him a cd player and he's took a look at DKS on my rig and gone home to buy and download it.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by ForkTong
In my very humble opinion, tactics in Dragon Age are nowhere near Temple of Elemental Evil.

I would agree, I was kind of thinking of pure tactics RPGs and pure action RPGs to compare Divinity 2 to, so it was a little skewed there I suppose. The core point remains intact though I hope smile

I did like Dragon Age though, despite its many flaws.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Trembles.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Hmm, didn't happen, had me tea was just about to sit down and enjoy some more DKS when visitors arrived, aah well never mind, much to his gf's chagrin I sold him a cd player and he's took a look at DKS on my rig and gone home to buy and download it.

grin Awesome!

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare

Trembles.

Have no fear, I have little to no say in design meh Moreover, my love for Temple of Elemental Evil is almost unique at Larian.

Tweeting @forktong
stranger
stranger
I got two thirds through Dragon Age and found it such a grind that I couldn't go on. I loved BG and BG2, but I think Bioware have lost it; especially with the Mass Effect franchise.

This is the first Divinity game that I have played and I think it is awesome. Suddenly the eon long wait for any news regarding Elder Scrolls five is no longer an issue.

apprentice
apprentice

Hahahah nice pull!

I wish people would be more open minded about video games.

It's like one of my friend who hates big budget Hollywood movies but praises big budget games like Mass Effect, which IMO was bad.

Last edited by Rhezuss; 17/11/10 07:54 PM.

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
journeyman
journeyman
Isn't much for RPGs, they don't seem to get pumped out as much as FPS games.

But...

I like this more than The Witcher and Oblivion. Can't really compare it to Dragon Age or Mass Effect, both are games I really enjoy, but DKS certainly has its own flair. The biggest thing for me right now is the atmosphere. The combat is hack and slash, which usually bores me quickly, but I'm enjoying it a lot because the music is so well done, as are the quests.

old hand
old hand

Why sleep? I don't, it get's in the way of Divinity time lol

Just Drink some coffee eat some food when needed & continue your mission

As for Dragon Age well 4 me their no contest Divinity ROCKS Dargon Age Sucks *BLEEP*

Trueley Dragon Age Bored the living S*** out of me I mean thay call it Dragon Age yet you only see 3 Dragons the entire game & even then you have go looking for 2 of them the other is a bloody demon
WTF so disapointing. With a 20 lvl cap it sucked if your a gamer like me that enjoys finding everything then you hit the lvl cap way b4 you got to the end what rubbish. About the only thing I liked about it was the banter between Moragan & Alister.

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 17/11/10 09:41 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Dragon age origin vs Divinity 2 ..

It's seem to be a *logic* vs Fun .Logicaly DA:O it's a superior game.Much more polished than divinity 2.The team was bigger , the budget was much bigger.It's was made by a reputed and experienced studio..

Than you have Divinity 2 ... (Damn i feel like a downer) .. I had fun with Divinity 2 and still playing it.The sheer amount of stuff was quite astounding.But you realize why and you know why when you play it.A programmer or a QA playing it would notice it .. Or anyone playing in the field.

There's a difference between * I hate this game* vs * i use my brain and understand why another game's superior * .

You know what .. I hate god of war and GTA 4.The're shitty game made by incompetent ppl and i could do better with a 500 k budget .. DAmn man i just realized how much dumb i look right now...I'm running away.

I had the feeling watching a good B movie trying to feel like a blockbuster movie.Reviewer notice it.Sadly.

Take for instance stone of the prisoner.It's was cut from dragon age.Yet it's was basicly more polished than anything you can see in divinity 2.It'e either .. Not good enough?Cut it.Too buggy?Cut.Bad voice acting?Cut.That boss suck ass?Cut.i hate this game engine?Cut..Ankward animation or jumping/platforming?Cut.

In divity 2 you have a lot of stuff but nothing seem to be finished.

Last edited by PsychoMoose; 18/11/10 03:53 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I see what you mean by this "logic" argument and in my opinion, logical reasons why one game might be better than another really don't matter all that much. In the end, what determines my opinion of a game is such a highly personal and often visceral experience that I can't really tell exactly what it is.

Also: honestly, I don't understand why so many people say things along the lines of "I love this, but I hate that". I don't think one style is necessarily better than another, it's just different. Some things may be more to my taste than others but that doesn't mean I think the other style is junk. I'm not a very big fan of Japanese RPGs for example, because they are too linear to my liking, but I do appreciate the craftsmanship behind them.

And I adore everything Bioware has ever done while I love Divinity just as much, perfectly aware that Bioware games have deeper lore and more emotional interactions while Divinity has more charm, humour and freedom (and cool puzzles/platform elements).

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Before DAO was launched, I spent months watching gameplay videos, reading every preview and info there was about it. I think I even used some vacation days for it's release. Ofc I got the deluxe version with all avaiable dlc (at launch)

And I had lots of fun. But it didn't last long. I played until the part where you finally have recruided all allies. Then I was kind of bored and left the game. Some time later I wanted to play again, but din't feel like continuing that game and started a new one. Let's say that the long dialogs are fun the first time, but the second time they are tedious. I did get elss further in the game this time.

Since then I tried to retake the game a few times, but I never managed to have fun again. I didn't purchase the expansion.

With divinity 2 I am having much more fun. Much more than even at the start of dao. Everyday there's a point where I say to myself "damn how can it be so good". Not only am I planning on finishing it, but also on playing FoV (which I think will like less since I've read there's no free roaming and lots of talking). And I also am already planning my second char and can't wait to start again and do broken valley from scratch

DAO may be more deep, but D2 is much more fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard