Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Lar_q
level difference not that important anymore when dealing with enemies

I don't consider that a good thing. From the comments in other threads it really seems like the game was made a lot easier, which I disagree with for the most part. Not attacking you at all, just saying it doesn't fit my gaming style, I like the risk versus reward and classic CRPG challenge.

Quick question - are there any significant graphics changes not included with FoV? I think if FoV introduces the major graphics improvements my mind is made up to get FoV.

old hand
old hand
There are a few, but the FOV part is the same in DKS and FOV does affect most of the gfx in ED, so you should be ok.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
There are a few, but the FOV part is the same in DKS and FOV does affect most of the gfx in ED, so you should be ok.

Sounds good enough then, I will just buy FoV on Gamersgate today. Thanks for you consistent patience and informative posts on your forum, it's appreciated.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Regarding the change in the level diffrences, it is a double edge sword. Higher level enemies will be easier, but lower level enemies will likely be less of a push over. In Ego Draconis it could easily get to where you were untouchable by end game... simple because of your level (which, when greater than theirs granted damage reduction).

stranger
stranger
Are we still getting the DKS patch for ED+FOV? Even if it means starting over, i'd love having this patch...

How soon can we expect that patch?

Thanks for your time,
Xelloss

N
stranger
stranger
N
GamersGate are now offering a 33% off loyalty offer for owners of D2:ED. Thanks to that I've purchased DKS.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Is there any news on this. Even if it's just to say that there will not be a patch. I'd like to continue the game on from ED, but I'm holding out until there's an answer to whether or not I need to buy FoV or DKS.

U
stranger
stranger
U
The major changes in DKS versus the original ED are

a) Flying fortress levels are completely different
b) Most anti-dragon zones (the red auras) have been removed
c) In a lot of places enemy placement has been modified, especially in the latter parts of the game (e.g. Oroboras fjords)
d) Loot balancing has been radically changed
e) Difficulty spikes have been addressed
f) Major graphical overhaul
g) A variety of mechanic changes should make combat feel better (e.g. no homing missiles, level difference not that important anymore when dealing with enemies)
h) A whole bunch of usability changes (which are also present in FOV)

Thank you for those details. If I get it right, it looks better, enemies no longer behave like they knew a Dragon Knight was coming and therfore took masive doses of steroids, and loot is... Different.

No homing missiles is good, I found it frustrating that dodging an arrow or fireball was pointless. Well, as for a fireball, it's magic so why not, nut the magic arrow correcting its trajectory was annoying.

However, why remove the dragon shields ? They were probably the only thing that didn't make us feel completely godlike...

Also, a little rant while I'm here : there seem to be discounts on DKS with Steam and the like, but what for those of us who own a retail version ?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Can ED save be imported to DKS and start from that savepoint or does that only work for ED+FoV?

Last edited by mirek83; 14/11/10 01:09 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
ED saves work only with FoV, they aren't compatible with DKS.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Do we have any news yet on whether or not there will be a patch to convert ED + FoV into DKS?

old hand
old hand
Yes, such a patch is in the works. Our release schedule looks as follows:

-FOV German hotfix
-Patch 1 for DKS/FOV all versions
-ED+FOV 2 DKS patch, all versions

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks I was a little confused and that's really cleared it up. I really want to continue where I left off with Ego Draconis because it's so fantastic and I have a lot invested in my character.

I also feel like I want to try the new remastered version because Ego Draconis was so fantastic. I really feel a patch would be the best way to appease and make happy both old and new customers as everyone gets what they need and want. Old customers would be able to complete their original playthrough and then patch themselves and go again all remastered and new customers get a nice easy way to install everything and start fresh. Sounds good to me.

I'm really impressed with how Larian are so customer focused and your creative genius. Please don't ever become pansies to publishers like some game makers. Publish your own if you have to. It's an artform.....and good art will sell more than mediocre art sold by suits.

I'm looking forward to playing FOV and the game you're working on ;-)

apprentice
apprentice

-FOV German hotfix

Will it be free?

Originally Posted by CatLover

-FOV German hotfix

Will it be free?

Yes (but you do need FOV)

apprentice
apprentice
Yes, I already have ED+FoV and the patch will be a nice addition, but now I'm less happy that I ordered DKS for the X360. silly

stranger
stranger
Hello everybody,

I just want to know if there are any news about this ED+FOV to DKS patch.

Thank you beforehand for your answers and by the way:

Happy new year! celebrate

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard