Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I nearly choked on my coffee today, twice smile First there was the 9/10 at Neoseeker for which I was very grateful, especially since that review happened because we provided a review copy based on a hint from someone here in the forum, and then next , reading MCV, a trade industry magazine covering mostly the UK - I spotted the following article:

More Stock en-route as Divinity II sells out

Mastertronic has promised to provide more stock for Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga after the first batch sold out. The launch allocation has run out ahead of it's release today. But the game's distributor has assured retailers that there will be sufficient supply to meet demand. "Our experience with the original Divinity II meant that we were expecting good things for the launch of this expanded edition, but the demand has really taken us by surprise" said Mastertronic's group sales director James Cato.

"We've had to pull out all the stops to get more stock and to make sure that we can continue to fulfill orders in time"

"A lot of hard work from a lot of people means that we are still going to hit our release dates and there will be minimum disruption to orders already placed"

"Such high levels of interest point to Divinity II being one of the strongest RPG titles on the market this Christmas"

I don't know what to make of it, but I think this is the first time we have something like this happen to us in the UK smile

M
addict
addict
M
You might say your work is recognized to its just value.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I nearly choked on my coffee today, twice smile First there was the 9/10 at Neoseeker for which I was very grateful, especially since that review happened because we provided a review copy based on a hint from someone here in the forum, and then next , reading MCV, a trade industry magazine covering mostly the UK - I spotted the following article:

Mastertronic has promised to provide more stock for Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga after the first batch sold out. The launch allocation has run out ahead of it's release today. But the game's distributor has assured retailers that there will be sufficient supply to meet demand. "Our experience with the original Divinity II meant that we were expecting good things for the launch of this expanded edition, but the demand has really taken us by surprise" said Mastertronic's group sales director James Cato.

"We've had to pull out all the stops to get more stock and to make sure that we can continue to fulfill orders in time"

"A lot of hard work from a lot of people means that we are still going to hit our release dates and there will be minimum disruption to orders already placed"

"Such high levels of interest point to Divinity II being one of the strongest RPG titles on the market this Christmas"

I don't know what to make of it, but I think this is the first time we have something like this happen to us in the UK smile

WOOHOO Congrats Lar & everyone at Larian I hope it keeps going well 4 u all, after giving us such a fantastic game you diserve the praise.

(although I'm proberbly starting to sound like a broken record lol)

DKS is an awsome game & now that people are starting to open their eyes & admit that Divinity is a very well made game with an awsome story maybe D3(when & if it gets released) will get the attention it deserves from the begining.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
(although I'm proberbly starting to sound like a broken record lol)

This happens to be a record we never get tired of. wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
So let the record repeat and repeat themself like a elpee goes when the needle of the record player('pickup') jumps each time again backwards laugh

wink

I have always know it:
Divinity II The Dragon knight Saga is a perfect gift for Christmas !
But I couldn't resist to wait until Christmas and bought it right after the release !!
And so I can read, I'm NOT alone biggrin !!!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Joram
So let the record repeat and repeat themself like a elpee goes when the needle of the record player('pickup') jumps each time again backwards laugh

wink

I have always know it:
Divinity II The Dragon knight Saga is a perfect gift for Christmas !
But I couldn't resist to wait until Christmas and bought it right after the relaese !!
And so I can read, I'm NOT alone biggrin !!!

Nope your not alone on that one I was 2 excited to sleep I stayed awake all night & was down the shop the day of release first thing buying my copy lol

enthusiast
enthusiast

I know this probably doesnt "touch you" in any way nor does it have much relevance, but i can safely say that on my 40 years old of age, i rarely embraced a " 3rd party project" like i embraced the larian studios' projects like Divine Divinity and Dragon Knight Saga.

What do i mean with this ? it means near hourly contacts with portuguese and UK gamming forums, with constant feedback and thread monitoring on certain forums and even some e-mails sent to retail stores trying to get your project forwarded to the right channels.

I know this is a drop in the ocean for you guys, and quite honestly i cant explain why i "lose" so much time doing this, but i honestly believe that you should be rewarded for a job well done.

I'm on my 3rd playthrough of dragon knight saga, i already ended Divine divinity six times and D2 (original) 2 times, and i realy think you guys are special in a way that i can realy feel your dedication around every corner of the games i've played.

This is my humble and simple contribution to your sucess so that later on, i can have more hours with your future game, you guys deserve it.

Originally Posted by KnightPT
I know this probably doesnt "touch you" in any way nor does it have much relevance, but i can safely say that on my 40 years old of age, i rarely embraced a " 3rd party project" like i embraced the larian studios' projects like Divine Divinity and Dragon Knight Saga.

What do i mean with this ? it means near hourly contacts with portuguese and UK gamming forums, with constant feedback and thread monitoring on certain forums and even some e-mails sent to retail stores trying to get your project forwarded to the right channels.

[...]

This is one of the coolest things I've read on this forum! A thousand heartfelt thanks to you and everyone who's supporting us!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by KnightPT

I know this is a drop in the ocean for you guys, and quite honestly i cant explain why i "lose" so much time doing this, but i honestly believe that you should be rewarded for a job well done.

I'm on my 3rd playthrough of dragon knight saga, i already ended Divine divinity six times and D2 (original) 2 times, and i realy think you guys are special in a way that i can realy feel your dedication around every corner of the games i've played.

This is my humble and simple contribution to your sucess so that later on, i can have more hours with your future game, you guys deserve it.

*CRYS* so beautyfull *Continues Crying*

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Wow, that's not just a 'humble and simple' contribution KnightPT. Really, that's amazing and you can't imagine how fantastic it is for us to see this kind of effort from the community just because they like the game so much. Very rewarding, this - and very much appreciated!

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I second that. It's been a very tough year for us and it's very rewarding to read posts like these. Thank you very much for your efforts - we'll try not to disappoint in our next projects which really benifit from what people like you are doing, in more ways than you can imagine.

veteran
veteran
KnightPT, you have it explain in nice words ! Impressive !!

One thing I always remember very sharp and clearly: the Divinity games are absolutly addictive AND have a great big replayability ! I like that so much, amazing !

PS:
And even nothing mentioned about the quests and skills, music, etc etc ....

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
I feel lucky to have received my 360 version today then, looking forward to playing.

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
No surprise at all. For me the only surprise was the game beeing so good when I had heard so little about it. I hope the reviews keep flowing smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
The article, though there is not much more to it.

About the only thing of note is it specifies the XBox 360 version as having sold out.

old hand
old hand
I'm so happy that Larian have such a wonderfull fanbase to support them here on the forums, with them being the dedicated company thay are us fans need to give them all the support we can to keep them in the buisness. The game industry needs more companys like you guys & though this post may sound a bit pointless & pathetic silly I'm very proud of all the work you guys & girls at Larian have been doing. Like some of the members here I'm also a fan that not just falls in love with a game I fall in love with the company that made it.

Every game has it's own personality based on the personality of the people involved in making it, I can always tell when I play a game what the company that made it is like. When I play some games all I feel from the harts behind it is this was made to make money, When I play Divinity I can feel the hart that went into the game & it makes me feel happy to know that at least there are still some companys out there that still put everything thay are into making there games. I can truley tell that you love doing what you do & I'd like to thank you all for doing it just 1 thing though please don't ever change smile

Ok I'm going to shut up now b4 I bore everyone to death & get all emotional lol

apprentice
apprentice
Yaayy ! I don't say much in the forum, but be sure, I really appreciate what the Divinity community has been and is doing for us. Yes we poured a lot of our souls into the Divinity universe over the years, and I feel rejoiced everytime it makes someone in the world happy.
Thank you =)

Last edited by DimSum; 18/11/10 07:36 PM.

Hot the Dimsums please...
veteran
veteran
Well I haven't been active on the forum in a long time (work, life, 42 ...) But that doesn't mean I've forgotten about larian. I've been recommending it to friends since before Ego draconis was out. And although we are now in the long stretch between games. You can count on it that I will pop in every now and then to see the new news. Congrats on a job well done an I do hope that the divinity universe will prosper and find new ways to entrain us.

ps: I lost a 1.5 weeks of my life playing TDKS. I don't want it back but the agonizing work hours with bloodshot eyes didn't make a good impressing @ work. plz install a "go to sleep timer".
18:00 : Let's play for 15 min. *watches clock* 02:45 *woops*

old hand
old hand
Seems like UK are loving it!

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Seems like UK are loving it!

England, my Lionheart! smile

I am in blood