Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
1. Did you read the gravestones in Broken Valley cemetery?

2. In the quest to infiltrate the bandit camp, you get a choice - you can read the Bandit's mind, or go through the catacombs to free him. If you do the latter, one conversation option is to claim you were sent to free him, it was your first assignment. But you don't know the password or name of anyone who sent you. So I had a thought - what would happen if I mind-read the guy and then went to free him?

What happens is something completely different!

You arrive in time to see Jagon's crew busting the guy out of prison. You have the option to fight, but if you're snarky, you can bluff your way out and still get invited to the camp without violence.

3. Have you had Jackson arrested before delivering Dana's letter? Have you provoked jackson to fight before delivering the letter?

4. In Laiken's Battle Tower, in the torture chamber (between the floor with Erlking's study and the Summoning circle floor), there are two unlit candles. You can light them and something happens...

5. Did you find the suicide on Sentinel Island after you become the dragon? Did you find the shipping manifest?

What other neat things have you discovered?

on 3: have you visited him in jail while you still have the letter?

veteran
veteran
Hmmm ... great new possibilities !! I have done all in another way by far I think wink

It's so beautiful many quests (and via mindreadings) my hero can do on many different ways !

I just wonder how many gamers discover all these "hidden" secrets/ways in solving quests etc ... !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
1. Yes.
2. Never bothered, the game is linear as hell, not so much changes in such case.
3. See above.
4. Yes.
5. a) don't get it. suicide? b) yes

Btw, I haven't played DKS yet and I wonder: can you now finish the quest "For a pound of flesh" in two ways now? Coz it was bugged/incomplete in the original.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Kein
1. Yes.
2. Never bothered, the game is linear as hell, not so much changes in such case.
3. See above.
4. Yes.
5. a) don't get it. suicide? b) yes

Btw, I haven't played DKS yet and I wonder: can you now finish the quest "For a pound of flesh" in two ways now? Coz it was bugged/incomplete in the original.

They were rhetorical questions, I didn't expect a list of answers. And for number 2, I didn't think much would change, but it was interesting to see another scene there.

The suicide on Sentinel Island requires you to be in dragon form and to land on one of the ridges near Vacca's cave. There's an overturned boat keel with a man hanging from a room. a locked chest, a key and suicide note are nearby.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, I found the suicide thing, I also found the demon skeleton on fire on Sentinel Island which is actually viewable on foot but only reachable when you have access to your dragon form.

Also, did you decline Richard's quest to steal the food from the seekers? That outcome only happened to me on my now third play through.

Richard attacks the seekers, you can join him or fight him with the seekers help.

Last edited by Demonic; 25/11/10 05:28 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
The third prediction of a gypsy woman comes true before you become a dragon, and in a very unusual way. Just walk (not teleport) to Maxos temple. BTW, they missed this one in gamepressure walkthrough (and some other things as well).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey

The suicide on Sentinel Island requires you to be in dragon form and to land on one of the ridges near Vacca's cave. There's an overturned boat keel with a man hanging from a room. a locked chest, a key and suicide note are nearby.

Ah, that, lol. So-called "Secret achievement". Well, back then, in Divinity2 times.

Anyway, any info about the quest I mentioned above?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Demonic
Yeah, I found the suicide thing, I also found the demon skeleton on fire on Sentinel Island which is actually viewable on foot but only reachable when you have access to your dragon form.

Actually I got up there b4 becoming a dragon I just jumped on the rocks nearby to make my way up there & I did the same with the suicide.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Ah, that, lol. So-called "Secret achievement".

no that area is'nt the secret achievement the achievement is for finding the raft

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Demonic

Do you happen to remember where the key for the demon on fire chest is?
Though I think it’s a dragon elf not a demon. XD

stranger
stranger
I loved the idea of jumping off the top of the rock on Sentinel Isle where you get the Mother wyvern egg, If you jump at the right place you can land on a long high ridge that is very difficult to access otherwise, and traversing that ridge gives you access to more than one extra treasure chest.

I liked the idea that it isn't all that easy to get to the boat in a tree (in Sentinel Isle). You CAN access it as a dragon after going to the (exterior) Battle Tower shrine, but you cannot become a dragon there, as it is too cramped. You have to try jumping up in various places until you can get to a higher place where you can leap and change form.

On a more bang your head against the wall note. In Orobas fjords I fiddled around with the levers and buttons lift, in the cave with the three different-coloured books. I couldn't seem to get to the place where you first get the books. I tried for ages combining buttons and levers, but couldn't go up in the lift. The solution (which took an embarrassing long time to find) was not to keep trying to go up, but to go down, then down again........doh

One understanding that took too long to sink in, was to buy gear with good enchantments on it, even if I didn't want the gear itself. Considering that you can end up with (for example) +100 ordinary damage AND +100 magic damage enchantments on a weapon (if you have those enchantments learned by your enchanter), that makes quite a difference. If you are lucky enough to have a weapon with three enchantment slots, a high level 'Butcher' enchantment (increases your critical chance) would make a good third choice. Eventually I cottoned on to moving good enchantments to my best gear, while under-utilising the use of charms (due to once they are put on gear, they cannot be moved/upgraded). Again it took too long to realise that, I can be slow sometimes.

If there was one other thing it took a while to realise, it was that there are several skills that are worth investing just one point in (with extra points only giving very small increases). I would add that most of the skills I put a heavier investment in, went into those skills that cannot be accessed to begin with, ones requiring a minimum level to start investing in (in my case skills like Thousand Strikes and Bleed), so I spent a while with skill points unused, saving them up.

Save scumming treasure. Yes you can do it. I mostly went for whatever was in the chest first time around, but if there was a creature part in the chest, I always reloaded until I got a good one. I spent a long time reloading at Lovis's final chest for a 'fresh' quality dragon elf head (Mage ability with L9 fireball and Magic Blast).
My current creature (I am nowL24) also has a perfect torso, clean-cut legs and clean arms. Some chests will never (it seems)
give you body parts above a certain level, while others, like the chest that appears in Broken valley after you have found the three levers scattered around there, can give the best quality body parts.

A lot of the stuff I commented on fitted less into the 'neat stuff' category and more into the 'took a while to realise' one.
PS since it is not far to Dec 25, I'll add claphands Xmas

Last edited by Turophile; 20/12/19 02:14 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard