Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Astara Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Apparently I need to find a key from someone named 'Williams' and complete a 'guild without a master' quest, but williams is no where to be found.

On quest 'thorn in side' I still can't figure out how to change the teleport's destination, so that quest is stuck

No luck in completing (starting) the grave robbers quest, because can't find laura and /or arthur.

Can't complete site for sore eyes, since that requires killing dagon, which is broken on my system for some reason.

Made zero progress on the 'reaping the seeds' ... since none of the trees will talk to me. I go up to them, but there are no options. I'm pretty sure I find the tree on the island -- it's the only one there, but no options to talk to it. Not sure I can find the 2nd one or the 3rd one, but even if I did, they won't talk to me.

As a result, can't complate the hall of echos X marks the spot quest. either.

Since I can't complete the guild/w/o a master quest (williams is gone who knows where?) I can't even start the half o echos bound come to no harm.

Never got a quest from bellegar about a mysterious cave, so that one's out too

Seems like this is just a really screwed up game. My guess is that multiple bugs have eliminated all the key characters I need to find, so I'm at the end of the game...and this game really sucks.

Where do I get a refund?

This is the worst RPG, in terms of playability I've ever played. Completely lost on all fronts --- no hints -- no walkthroughs available, The one I found at gamepressure seems to be of dubious quality, since it recommended killing the innocent prisoner in 'thorn in the side'...which makes me think it may have lead me down all the wrong paths

The graphics quality is great.

The game play is poor.
The logic is poor.
The restrictions don't make sense.
and the quests dead end with no where to go.

The only thing I was able to do -- and it was EXTREMELY boring is go from level 35->level 36 by endlessly killing monsters in kaera's maze. At a max of 111 points (to a low of 56 points), it only took about 70 run through's to make a level....that's how exciting this game is --- going in circles 70+ times to make 1 level.

How can anyone think that is fun?

I see others making progress, and that's great, but the quest people aren't where they should be and the quest objects just don't respond when I approach them -- so I think there's some severe bugs in my version -- that as near as I can tell -- at least from one symptom, seem to be tied to the DRM Suck-u-rom -- someone described one of my symptoms as being one of the ways that the DRM system degrades the game -- so I can only assume that everything that's screwed up is due to the DRM -- which makes absolutely no sense, as I am running on a download -- so what possible DRM could be triggered --

I don't care about the excuse that the publishers demand DRM -- that developers accept DRM that corrupts game play is unacceptable. It's a horrible decision that deserves shame and disdain, since there's no way to know what is causing all the bugs -- just that the game, is at a complete dead end.

I'm going to contact support (obviously it's not here), but I dread that their wonderful advice will be to throw away my character and start over. I don't want to do that -- I want a fixed game -- and put my character in the fixed game!

For soem reason, even though I have topics added to my watched topics, I don't get email notifications. So don't know what's going on there either.

Very depressed.

I am pretty rubbish at these games but I didn't run into many problems, those that I did I just read the quest description over, and checked my map for markers. I think once or twice I had to ask for help in the tips section.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Send your savegame to support@larian.com and we'll have a look at your issues.

Astara Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I just made some more progress...but not sure about some of the problems -- I didn't realize there was a patch that I hadn't applied -- as soon as I did, I could talk to the trees (what a looney thing to say)....that let me solve that quest, and talk to the dragon, and then I had 3 more skill points,...then I was able to get zagon and then heal the blind man...

oi vey...talk about alot depending on talking to those trees!

Still have no idea where to find williams to get the guild w/out a master quest....

but with the patch applied...will look around a bit to see if anything else has changed...else will send you the SaveGame...

tnx....
Astara

You actually go around talking to trees? How very unnerving. suspicion

I really hope you can get past your game blockage and enjoy the game as much as I did/do. hehe

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Williams is back in Broken Valley, if that helps. I've heard it's possible to make a bad choice with Laura when you first see her, making her disappear forever, but I can't confirm that. Normally, you first see her on the beach arguing with a friend about a ring, after that she is up on one of the ledges. You need to scour those cliffsides, there are lots of little caves and hidden areas. Arthur is in one of them, and the other two are in or near one of the many wyvern nests. But of all those, WIlliams is the only one you need to finish the game, the others are optional.

There is a known bug that causes triggered NPCs to appear in the wrong spot, and usually that spot is nowhere you can reach them. Tech support can fix those issues if you e-mail them your save game, and they are very quick about it. I had to do it twice, and both times I sent it in the evening and had it back the next morning.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Daen
... I've heard it's possible to make a bad choice with Laura when you first see her, making her disappear forever, but I can't confirm that. Normally, you first see her on the beach arguing with a friend about a ring, after that she is up on one of the ledges.

Laura's not one of the women on the beach in my game, they're called Karen and Nora. Did they change that at some point? I suppose it would make more sense.

J'aime le fromage.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
As someone who completed the game and sometimes checked it to see weather i'm missing some stuff or not i can tell you, that the gamepressure walkthrough is only lacking a few options with quests. Otherwise it's probably the best walkthrough there is.
Spoiler regarding "thorn in the side":
As for the quest "thorn in the side", that quest itself is missing "the good way" to complete it. Once you have accepted the quest you can still save the prisoner, but you will not get a quest completed message. I also found it hard to kill that man with the evidence that pointed to him being wronged. I took a load, told the questgiver to go f himself, mindread the guard and rigged the prison teleporter so it took the captive to his home village. Changing the destination is easy, you do it from the control panel of the teleporter. Just set the destination to high hall and you are set. You fail the quest, but it's not that big deal.

Spoiler on williams:
Williams is trapped in the mine in broken valley. The map is a completely separate map from main orabas Fjords map. The entrance is near the teleporter you used to get in Orabas Fjords in the beginning of chapter. See the main map here:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityiiegodraconis/guide.asp?ID=8265
Broken valley entrance is marker 5.1

Spoiler on Laura:
You can find her on a high cliff you can reach as a dragon. The place is near where you started the orabas fjords map. Again, look at the gamepressure map if you can't find her.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
You don't get to Williams until later in the game when you go back to Broken Valley after getting your Battle Tower. If you try to do him earlier you will just keep dying! Stick with it, this game is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it!

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
There is a pretty good walk through at www.gamefaqs.com, I haven't checked to see if it's updated for the newer release, but it gives you all the basics and helps a lot!

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
The Mysterious Cave is also after the Battle Tower.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard