Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#430744 06/12/10 05:44 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well i love this game i have been playing it for about 20 hours and i think Larian have done a sterling job here. I very much enjoyed Divine Divinity but have not played a Larian game since that one, just got this game last week from Gamestation and it`s the best £40 i have spent in years. a superb game that very much keeps the old school questing RPG alive without seeming out of date.

I love games like Dragon Age, Fable and Oblivion but all these games have not made me feel like an adventurer as i have in this game.

I love the fact that the enemies don`t level with your character and the non linear character progression is great, too many games opt for leveling enemies with your character but this means that powerful weapons and equipment become pointless, every new powerful skill or piece of equipment really means something in this game, every bit of experience is vital to character progression.

Thank you Larian for making this great RPG with loads of content, the sarcasm and humour in this title is very refreshing also. I will be questing for years to come with this game. And thank you for releasing this on the Xbox 360 because i don`t have a gaming PC in any sense of the word.

As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD
O
stranger
stranger
O
yea that's true Larian Studio is like a lotus in mud.
who knows precious things are hidden in those places? so no one checks
I didn't even know there is a such a thing before ,EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Bethesda/2k/BIOWARE/IW/ those giants can be easily seen however,

Last edited by OpEnBsD; 06/12/10 08:11 PM.
stranger
stranger
I subscribe everything the OP has said.

Thanks to Larianstudios really, a pleasure to buy games like this.

i7-4930K w/ 16GB DDR3RAM
GForce GTX780 @ 1920x1080
Linux! (when possible)
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Nice to see other people enjoying this title, i hope it sells well in Europe because it deserves too.

As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD
stranger
stranger
I never heard of this game before a week ago. My friend added it to his wish list, I checked it out. And 3 days ago I bought it. I'm now about 15 hours in and still going strong. I love running about the world pwning nubs with my badass char. Excellent work. It's like Oblivion + Fable + Dragons = Badass.

O
stranger
stranger
O
well actually u can't compare Dragon Age with any RPG game since it does have unique features.!
but with Oblivion it surely matches.

stranger
stranger
I'm not sure if I just don't get it or not, but Dragon Age is not fun for me. I played it for about 10 hours and have not touched it in months. I just find it boring. I always liked Mass Effect, KoToR, Oblivion, and now Ego Draconis, maybe I'm weird.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I liked Dragon Age for the characters and story telling, but I agree that the dungeon grinds got tiring. I did find it more emotionally involving than any other RPG I've played recently - some of the decisions near the end were really tough.

If only you could take the story-telling of Dragon Age and combine it with the gameplay of DKS and the dragon combat of Drakan you'd have the perfect RPG wink

(for those who don't know it, "Drakan - Order of the flame" let you burn scenery and ground troops from the air. Watching armies of goblins flee in abject terror was one of those OMG gaming moments).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I think Dragon Age is a game that many found outdated , i personally really enjoyed the semi turn based battle system but many hate it.

journeyman
journeyman
One of the great things about Divinity II is how it rewards exploration... I don't know too many games that offer that "hey wow, looks like I stumbled on something awesome I didn't even know was there" feeling like this one does when you discover some cave or hideout and treasure within.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
stranger
stranger
yeap, just when I think I'm done with an area I just keep finding new stuff and quests over and over. They did a superb job.

i7-4930K w/ 16GB DDR3RAM
GForce GTX780 @ 1920x1080
Linux! (when possible)
D
stranger
stranger
D
I was fairly surprised at how much time I spent playing DKS from start of ED to end of FoV. Yeah, I just kept finding more and more and more to do. I'm very happy in the way they moved all the armor sets for ED as compared to where they were originally located. As much as I'd love to be able to hop right into a flying fortress and get everything in one fell swoop, it was a whole lot more rewarding to get them all after being forced into checking many dungeons instead (as a side note: omg, thank you to those that posted locations for the items I couldn't find on my own in the DKS armor set thread!).

I like to play DKS if I want a fairly non-serious RPG experience. Not to say I didn't enjoy the story (I did), but it was somewhat refreshing to see how the game didn't take itself too incredibly seriously. Dragon Age, to me, is still one of my very favorite games, but for entirely different reasons. You'll never end up feeling too incredibly overpowered in DA as compared to how I felt by the time ED was over (and especially by the time I had my full set of armor in FoV). DA certainly has a more strong sense of dread about it. You won't run into a bunch of Power Rangers in DA lol, though that was absolutely hilarious and I'd never want it removed from DKS. smile

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard