Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Kein
But who in the sane mind would buy the same game TWICE?

I basically did. I have the retail disk version of Ego Draconis from January, and recently purchased DKS from steam. (I have had enough with disk DRM.)

I really hope to eventually be able to use my "Outdated" saved games though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I did too. I have the ED I bought from Amazon. I played it, liked it (despite all its shortcomings). When I heard that Larian had remastered it with a new game engine, I bought it, again, from Amazon.com. Best decision I've ever made when it comes to games.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Sadly, adding in the language to registry file did not fix the issues. Guess I'll just have to wait til they get back from vacation

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
If you copy your ED install to a different folder prior to installing DKS, you can go into your windows registry and check the registry setting for the game, write that down, then after install, add a new registry key with those settings pointed to wherever you copied your folder, I had to rename mine, I made it Divinity II - FoV just so I could keep them separate in my head, and launch the game that way. Doing that will allow you to play both ED and the new version, if you get your ED saves all the way to the end, they should import into FoV just fine I think, though I've not actually tested it that way. FoV saves of course work in DKS as that content is the same in both games.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I did something similar when testing out the patches but just renamed the folders as and when I needed rather than fiddling about with the registry... That said, they were different patch levels of the same game, so I'm not totally confident it would work when switching between ED and DKS.

J'aime le fromage.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
As an update, I've still not yet gotten the Fov2DKS version to play successfully, I was contacted by support yesterday and told that the info I had provided would be forwarded on to the programming department laugh So hopefully soon we will hear of a fix.

veteran
veteran
@ALL that have an issue with the FoV2DKS patch:

Could you please send the report generated by the support tool to support@larian.com and please reference this forum thread to ensure the fastest service possible.

Thank you and kind regards,
Lynn

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
absolutely laugh I am at work right now, when I get home I'll do this

C
C
I love starting over in games, but I'm not sure I have the games necessary. I have ED, disk version US I think and then the Steam version of DKS. If I have a version that can help test, let me know. I can dedicate about 4 hours a night testing.

'nut
old hand
old hand
Crpgnut: thanks for the offer, but no, you don't have the right games. You already have DKS. We wanna give people with ED+FOV the DKS experience. You already have it smile

Lazuranthas: we're uploading a US-English FOV2DKS patch, will contact you Monday.

Tweeting @forktong
C
C
Hmmm, so I'd need to buy FOV to be able to test for you, correct? Is FOV available somewhere here in the States? I could buy a copy and send it to that kid in the open letter thread, since I really don't need it except for testing. I'll google around and see if this is feasible.

'nut
Support
Support

FoV is only available as a digital download, either from the Larian Vault or places like Gamersgate, etc. You would have to check the policies on transferring ownership.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Yeah, I got my copy of FoV from the Larian Vault, well, my wife bought it for me from there as a birthday gift laugh Thanks ForkTong I am downloading the patch now, I just got the email about it being available this morning while I was at work. As soon as it's finished I'll begin testing. And I know it's been said by me and many others, but it deserves saying again; the support at Larian is phenomenal, I've never encountered better, you guys are the best.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Just got to Broken Valley with the new patch. The patch installed without a hitch, everything seems to be working great so far.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Sorry to keep double posting like this, update on the patch. I have imported my saves from FoV without a problem, everything seems to be working great with that. I have also deleted my save games totally and started a new character, that is working great as well. I just finished doing Lovis Tower and got the quest from Lord Lovis. Everything works well, there are no hiccups and the game loads/saves and plays as well as it did before, it seems to be smoother than before, though it was always smooth, so that's hard to say for sure. Anyway, everything is working great thus far smile Thanks guys.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Sorry for the slow play time, I just transitioned into the FoV area of the game using this patch, I did not notice any bugs or any broken game play. I'll let you know how the FoV goes when I finish it.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Hey sorry I haven't posted here in a while, I just recently had a new baby so I haven't had much time for anything else. Anyway, everything went very well with game post patch. I was able to complete the game with no issues. Good job guys, and thanks for allowing me to get an early peek at it all. smile

veteran
veteran
Thank you, lazuranthas, for letting us know, it's appreciated.

And CONGRATULATIONS with the baby! smile party

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard