Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Arokh
Those comments are interesting alright. There's one or two idiots there who dismiss the game already; It's very difficult to form an opinion on what little info has been released. We can speculate on what it is like but for those people who say its crap already it would be better to wait till after gamescom before saying it will suck.

For me, personally I hate turn based combat games but however the other content will make up for it. Difficult to describe but I just get the feeling the game will be great and if Larian get their advertising right it will be a hit in 2012.

If I do not like strategy games, why does it make me an idiot? The game may be great as a strategy game, but I am not going to play it. I like a genre, not a developer. Yes, I am dismissing it, does not matter how great this game may be I am not going to waste my time playing a strategy game. Why should I jump with joy if I see that Larian are going to develop a strategy game?
I'll pick some RPG instead. Strategy games fans may rejoice, though. Good for them.

BTW, do you often get feelings like this, about a great success of some game? It is kinda super-weird, you know. I can't even imagine what it is like, such premonitions are beyond me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well I suppose I could have worded it better but I didn't mean people on this forum. There's a good community here. What I meant was some of the comments on that site from one or two members who dismissed it already. Note I said "there's one or two idiots there who..." I have also seen other online debates about the game where someone said I won't buy it because it will suck donkey balls.

So, I'm not saying you are an idiot nor anyone else here. It's pefectly fine for people to dislike games or a genre; from what some people might think is the best thing ever to someone else it may be the worst thing. The comments you made about the game are perfectly fine. Some other people though go the wrong way about expressing their dislikes with anything and by 'idiots' it was them I was referring to. You know the type of person who simply puts rude one liners without saying why they don't like it.

As for 'getting the feeling it's going to be great' It does sound good on paper and from the video. True the turn based strategy elements I turned my nose up at but I think the rest will make up for it. I may be completley wrong and for me it might turn out to be the worst game ever. It's just too early to form an opinion yet. And no, I don't often get feelings like that. It's just nowadays I have become bored with games and when something sounds genuinley interesting to me I keep a close eye on it. Also I enjoyed Larian's previous games so naturally I'd be interested in future ones.

Last edited by Arokh; 14/08/11 02:32 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
All right, fair enough. I wonder if Larian will develop a movie shooting capability in a real-time part of the game, like devs did with Medieval 2 Total War. It was a big reason for me to buy and play it, for shooting massive battles. With dragon fights it would be cool to be able to film things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by epicdragon345
Is it downloaded or buy the disc?

It is safe to assume both. Larian invested in the "Larian Valut" for download option that they currently have Divinity 2 games on and I think some of the soundtracks. The way their luck goes for North American releases, we'll be downloading the English version months before a physical disc is released.

L
stranger
stranger
L
does anyone know if this picks up where flames of vengeance left off or is this a different story all together ?

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
It's different story, in the past when Maxos was still around and dragon knights ruled the skies.

old hand
old hand
^
Whatever you're selling. I AIN'T BUYING!

---

Damn it. The mods really need to disable this Anonymous posting.

old hand
old hand
oh but what if there selling the key's to an awsome amount of treasure, Then your Dragon Knight could upgrade the battle tower even more grin

L
stranger
stranger
L
Sounds worth a try even though ive sworn it off i dont know how many times i still keep going back so looks like ill be buying another.

veteran
veteran
I'm actually reading the blurb so far as 'Fantasy: Total War' - so a turn based strategic map, but real time tactical combat.

To which my honest thought is - I have waited SO long for someone to make that game! Bring it on!

Please click the banner...
old hand
old hand
Oh yay the spambot is back

Unless your here 2 announce that a Gold edition of Dragon Commander will be released with added extras such as

Artbook.
Soundtrack CD.
A redeem code for custom euipment & / or DLC.
A potion that enables you to become a real Dragon Knight.
A fullscale Modle of a Dragon.
A deed to plot of land that has been contracted to have a full sized Battle tower built on it for your use.
A ticket to see Krill in Consert (yes Joram I'll share grin )
your very own Imp to order around
As well as a copy of Zix Zax Anciant Draconic to Common Rivellonin pocet Dictionery

Then WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
Oh yay the spambot is back

Unless your here 2 announce that a Gold edition of Dragon Commander will be released with added extras such as

Artbook.
Soundtrack CD.
A redeem code for custom euipment & / or DLC.
A potion that enables you to become a real Dragon Knight.
A fullscale Modle of a Dragon.
A deed to plot of land that has been contracted to have a full sized Battle tower built on it for your use.
A ticket to see Krill in Consert (yes Joram I'll share grin )
your very own Imp to order around
As well as a copy of Zix Zax Anciant Draconic to Common Rivellonin pocet Dictionery

Then WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW

I'd buy that for sure!

addict
addict
Whaddaya know, I leave the forums for a few months and come back to a new game announced cool

Yey that means more waiting for us poor americans once its released in Europe frown

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard