Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Axel Offline OP
OP Offline
The press is flocking to our beautiful, beer-filled booth, and 2 French websites have already posted their - very positive - impressions online.

First Impressions at Barre de Vie

First, Barre de vie had this to say:

"La bonne surprise de la journée. [...] Dragon Commander est un jeu en plusieurs étapes : une étape scénarisée façon RPG dans la base aérienne du héros ; une étape stratégique, où l’on joue à un simili-Risk auquel on aurait ajouté des cartes Magic ; et enfin la vue des combats, où on joue un dragon avec un jetpack. [...] Ca marche fort bien : les batailles aériennes sont pleines d’unités, ça tire dans tous les sens mais l’action reste lisible et les unités faciles à contrôler."

Translated in English:

"The great surprise of the day. [...] Dragon Commander plays out in successive stages: first, a role-playing phase during which the story develops inside the aerial base of the player; then a strategic phase, which plays like a Risk-like board game enhanced with Magic The Gathering cards; and finally, a real-time combat phase where the player controls a dragon equipped with a jetpack. [...] It works really well: aerial battles feature tons of units, shots are fired all around you, yet the action remains clear and your units easily manageable."

First Impressions at Mondespersistants

Then it was Mondes Persistants who shared their enthusiasm for our upcoming game:

"Nous découvrons des développeurs passionnés par leur jeu, et quel jeu ! Un petit bijou d'idées ! [...] Les graphismes et les effets visuels sont magnifiques. [...] Vous pouvez contrôler vos unités depuis "le dragon" et ainsi déclencher des attaques de face ou vous la jouer plus sournois en prennant vos ennemis à revers. [...] Ajoutez à cela un humour bien dosé, une jolie princesse squelette et une adaptation Multiplayer avant la sortie, un tout qui nous donne très envie de connaître la suite."

Translated in English:

"We met developers really passionate about their game, and what a game! A true gem, full of ideas! [...] The graphics and visual effects are beautiful. [...] As a dragon, you can give orders to your units, choosing to lead frontal attacks or sneakily attack your enemies from behind. [...] Add to all this an expertly crafted sense of humour, a hot skeleton princess and a 4-player multiplayer mode, and you get a game to really look forward to."

M
addict
addict
M
So now people have seen it, will you release gameplay videos ?

First news, good news it seem's smile

Last edited by melianos; 18/08/11 10:52 AM.
While Barre de vie did the most to increase my interest with what you quoted (role-playing! story! aerial base!), I cannot help but be most intrigued three little words in Mondes Persistants' quote.

'Hot skeleton princess'?

How does that even work? Only someone with a degree in anatomy might be able to tell the difference between a male skeleton and a female skeleton. OK, so the skeleton may be dressed in a nice dress or something and may have a feminine voice, but that may just as well mean that it's a very accomplished cross-dressing skeleton.

The only way to tell for sure would be if she had some meat on her bones, but if that's the case she would be a hot zombie princess, surely.

Axel Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by WotanAnubis
OK, so the skeleton may be dressed in a nice dress or something and may have a feminine voice, but that may just as well mean that it's a very accomplished cross-dressing skeleton

That's the beauty of it, you'll never know for sure... wink

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Axel

That's the beauty of it, you'll never know for sure... wink

What ? Not even during wedding night ?

veteran
veteran
First Impressions at 4Players.de

Original (German) quote:

Was das Komplettpaket bieten wird, lässt sich derzeit noch schlecht sagen, da das Spiel noch reichlich Produktionszeit vor sich hat und viele Elemente noch ihrer Umsetzung harren. Der Release soll irgendwann im kommenden Jahr stattfinden; einen Publishingpartner hat Larian momentan allerdings noch nicht - das Spiel, von dem man schon lange geträumt hatte, wird selbst finanziert. Das Gezeigte macht aber definitiv Lust auf mehr, auch der Steampunkt-Stil weiß zu gefallen. Der Detailgrad der Landschaften in der frühen Demo befand sich laut Angaben der Entwickler noch deutlich unter dem, was eigentlich möglich sei, wirkte aber insgesamt schon recht ansprechend. Durchaus spektakulär wirkte das Kampfgeschehen, wenn zwei Flotten aufeinandertrafen und sämtliche Einheiten und Abwehrbatterien aus allen Rohren feuerten.

Translated in English:

What the completed game will look and feel like is as yet hard to picture because it still has to go through a lot of development and a great many things still have to be implemented. The release is scheduled for some time next year; Larian doesn't have a publishing partner yet – the game, that they have long dreamed to make, is self financed. What has been shown definitely makes you eager for more and the steam-punk style works very well. The level of detail of the landscapes in the early demo was still far below what the developers say will be possible, but already the scenery looked quite beautiful. Most spectacular was the battle that ensued when two fleets clashed and both units and anti-aircraft batteries started firing on cylinders.

--
And I congratulate myself with post nr 3000 smile

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by lynn
And I congratulate myself with post nr 3000 smile

Congrats! party Let's have a dragon beer and celebrate! grin

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
apprentice
apprentice

'Hot skeleton princess'?

How does that even work? Only someone with a degree in anatomy might be able to tell the difference between a male skeleton and a female skeleton.

To give an easy trick to recognize a female skeleton, should you ever meet one in the streets one day: in a female thoracic cage the "V" angle formed by the floating ribs is around 60 degree, were it is much wider in a male, closer to 90 degree.

Now if the skeleton has his chest covered, you are in a trickier position.

:Big stupid grin:

Hot the Dimsums please...
Originally Posted by DimSum

'Hot skeleton princess'?

How does that even work? Only someone with a degree in anatomy might be able to tell the difference between a male skeleton and a female skeleton.

To give an easy trick to recognize a female skeleton, should you ever meet one in the streets one day: in a female thoracic cage the "V" angle formed by the floating ribs is around 60 degree, were it is much wider in a male, closer to 90 degree.

Show-off. delight

But thanks for the hint. I assume this difference will be represented by the graphics in the game. Or all skeletons will suddenly be wearing shirts and whatnot, I guess.

apprentice
apprentice
Of course, at Larian, a show-off never comes half-done ;-p

Last edited by DimSum; 18/08/11 03:47 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Hot the Dimsums please...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For reference:
[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
Hmm... sorry, the previous post was mine.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by DimSum

Then again going from the demo I saw it is a lot easier to tell them apart. The women like fruit wink

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
The more I hear about this game the more addicted I become grin I can't wait to see what it's like though I know we'll love it. Keep up the good work Larian we all have faith in you & we all know you'll do us proud we are all with you till the end wink One day your Dragon Knights will rule the world grin

stranger
stranger

old hand
old hand
Hot skeleton princess? This game supports necrophilia? God help us...God help us all...

This world just officially got more freakier. I'm leaving now. You'll have to thank Larian for that. You just can't predict what they'll do next. Their creations contain the unexpected and I just can't take it anymore. Goodbye everyone. I hope we never meet again and I'm going to give the Earth 1/5 stars.

Fare thee well.

old hand
old hand
I can't help you Demonic if your not on Earth to help lol wink grin

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Demonic
Hot skeleton princess? This game supports necrophilia? God help us...God help us all...

To quote John Lennon: 'Whatever gets you through the night, 'salright, 'salright' wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Originally Posted by Demonic

To quote John Lennon: 'Whatever gets you through the night, 'salright, 'salright' wink

I think we should be more worried about the things going bump in the night & hoping we make it through the night grin

I just read this in the Gameinformer article: "I saw a scenario where the player had to choose between helping his undead bride (around whom there is a long and involved backstory around how you came to be married to a skeleton)(...)"

Larian, you people have some insane ideas... I love it!

(Will there be a hot skeleton prince somewhere in the universe aswell 8)?)

[img]http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/DragonCommander/05_-_scr_-_Dragon_Commander[2].jpg[/img]

source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...ould-strap-a-jetpack-to-your-dragon.aspx

Last edited by -Elena-; 19/08/11 08:24 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard