Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#449808 06/09/11 06:07 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Ok well seems as though Microsoft want to wait before allowing this awsome game in the making to come to there console I think we should give them an insentive. So I think all Xbox gamers who love the Divinity games should post here why they think Microsoft should give in & let Larian publish it for the Xbox. Although it may not be of any help, I'm hoping that by us posting here then it can help Larian Prove to microsoft that there is a big demand for this game.

As For me HELL YEAH BIG DEMAND, I want to command an army in DRAGON FORM BABY, how could you NOT want this game on your console. You should be honered not scared they offered it to you & not Playstation, DKS was a success so why are you holding out on Dragon Commander. I WANT THIS GAME NOW but Larian is making me wait because it's not finished yet grin if your worried about sale's DON'T BE I've already sold 2 copys & it's not even out yet lol. Incuding mine will be 3, mine in the UK & 2 in the US & I'm just getting started grin so worry not Microsoft because Larian has me & Joram to sell there games for them lol. wink

Support
Support

I believe the approval process is more a case of meeting some development point and finishing paperwork than Microsoft actually deciding to allow the game or not.

With D2:ED and DKS it was the publishers who dealt with Microsoft for the Xbox version, while for DC Larian is funding the development themselves. The approval process may be slower with Microsoft dealing with a developer rather than a publisher, or Larian may not be in a big rush to do all the paperwork when the game is relatively far from completion.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yeah I know but it gives them some encoragement though does'nt it, & if this thread encourages Larian then thats all that matters in my eyes. I just want too see Larian do well & get the attention they deserve & if this thread helps them in anyway then I'll be happy with that grin

so work with me here Raze & tell people why you want this game wink

old hand
old hand
No poll will do anything. Me and the Kingdom Under Fire 2 fans wanted KUF2 for Xbox 360 but stupid M$ messed up and don't want KUF2 on the 360 now whereas PS3 is getting it now (previously, KUF was an Xbox exclusive series..).

Don't worry though, I'm sure Larian will get it published on the 360, we should rely on them NOT on M$.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
@Demonic

Oh Don't think for a min that I have faith in MS, My faith is with Larian, I know 100% that they will always do right by us. I only made this thread to give them a bit of encouragement, if I was to voice exacley what I think of MS on these forums then I might run the risk of being banned for my mouth lol. I still have'nt forgiven MS for lying about making the original xbox & bankrupting Saga, the only reason I own a 360 is because of Halo. The original Xbox is the only console I've never owned, & the reason for that is principle, like I said they lied about the fat they were making it so I never wanted anything to do with it. Believe me when I say that if I could turn into a Dragon then the first bit of justice I dish out would be aimed in Microsoft's Direction lol.

well although i could care less if the ps3 got the game i still want it only on xbox and pc, i dont hate MS but i would much rather have a xbox than the ps3 even though u pay for your online service its only 60$ a year man...come on if u cant afford that then why do u have a system in the first place....but aannnyy way MS is pricey i know but they have so much items and computers and systems out there in order for them to keep every thing stable they gata price some things, so back on topic im sure its going to be on the xbox becouse it was a decent amount of income to them from D2 and DKS so why not? MS cant controle rather or not if the game can be put on there system or not! other wize they would lose alot of money becouse they would be picky about there games and not get as much sales.

p.s me personly i loved the original xbox i never heard of them lieing about the makeing of the original xbox but thats no reason to really not get it, but this is my opinion.

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
When the original Xbox was being made there were rumours flying round saying MS was making a console but when they were asked about it by gaming magazines they said that they weren't & that there field was the PC & it's softwere. I would'nt expect a new school gamer to understand my principle, I was a Saga fan & I wouldn't betray them by buying the original xbox.

I'm a hardcore oldschool gamer, & I'm not your tipical one either, I don't just go out & buy a game because I like the look or sound of it. There are many facters for me, for a game to win my heart the company that made it has to win my heart. Microst has never won my heart like saga & nintendo had I will forever be loyal to them I've owned every single console they've ever made. Just like Larian have won my heart & when a company does that, & I'll tell you now that winning my heart is not an easy thing to do. I will be loyal to them untill the day I die & beyond, wink when a company has won me over I don't even have to read anything about the game to know I'll love it. The only thing I need to see is the name of the company that made it & I'll take it straight up to the counter & buy it without hesitation.

lol i hope your not calling me a new school gamer XD iv been around befor the64 or saga even came out,and truth be told your reason didnt really make much since why you would not get the xbox...its not like they stole something and turned it into there own,but eh its not me so i cant feel the same, ya ik what your comeing from with the game thing a series has to win my heart befor ill buy them without reason,halo did just that! iv got them all 2 times over hehe...but i like larian alot ill buy most of there games from now on without debate,although i have not got there first two.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Sorry but you sounded like a newschool gamer with that first reply, I just don't have any respect for a company that would lie to get into the market. As for Divinity well Divinity II was the first one I played but because I loved it so much I bought Divine Divinity & Beyond Divinity just so I could get the whole story. I'm playing through Divine Divinity now & I really like it.

i thought about it but there is just to many games comeing out smirk

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I got DD & BD for £6 on Play.com

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
When the original Xbox was being made there were rumours flying round saying MS was making a console but when they were asked about it by gaming magazines they said that they weren't & that there field was the PC & it's softwere. I would'nt expect a new school gamer to understand my principle, I was a Saga fan & I wouldn't betray them by buying the original xbox.

I'm a hardcore oldschool gamer, & I'm not your tipical one either, I don't just go out & buy a game because I like the look or sound of it. There are many facters for me, for a game to win my heart the company that made it has to win my heart. Microst has never won my heart like saga & nintendo had I will forever be loyal to them I've owned every single console they've ever made. Just like Larian have won my heart & when a company does that, & I'll tell you now that winning my heart is not an easy thing to do. I will be loyal to them untill the day I die & beyond, wink when a company has won me over I don't even have to read anything about the game to know I'll love it. The only thing I need to see is the name of the company that made it & I'll take it straight up to the counter & buy it without hesitation.

Soo...they wern't ready to announce it, I'm sure they'd have rather have not said anything but they were put on the spot.
Theres been many games where developers have said they wern't making and its secretly being made.

Anyway sorry to break it to ya, Micorosft isn't reading this thus not having an effect on whether it'll come to 360.
Larian wants to and thats all you DC fans have to hold onto then until they meet up with Microsoft and discuss business.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
No Microsoft arn't reading it but Larian are & there who I care about not stupid microsoft. If you read all the post's then you'd know this threads purpose was to give Larian encoragement, as for Microsoft it wasn't that they weren't ready to announce it at all. If you had read any gamer magazines at the time you would have known that they kept changing there mind about it's existance. One person from MS would say yes we are making the xbox another would say no it's just a rumour. That however is just typical MS the left hand has never had a clue to what the right hand is doing.

old hand
old hand
No Microsoft arn't reading it but Larian are & there who I care about not stupid microsoft. If you read all the post's then you'd know this threads purpose was to give Larian encoragement, as for Microsoft it wasn't that they weren't ready to announce it at all. If you had read any gamer magazines at the time you would have known that they kept changing there mind about it's existance. One person from MS would say yes we are making the xbox another would say no it's just a rumour. That however is just typical MS the left hand has never had a clue to what the right hand is doing.

Like I said Larian want to do it so...
Anyway that to me seems like they weren't ready to announce it, they were playing Damage Control.
Obviously an employee wasn't supposed to say that and they tried to cover it up by flat out denying its in existence.
Happens a lot.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
yeah but I don't like companys that do stuff like that, if your not ready to anounce something just don't say anything at all. Theres no need to lie, MS could have simply had someone tell the magazines that we can't conferm or deny either way. That way the magazines & the gamers would be happy because it would have kept everyone guessing as to wether or not the rumours were ture. When it comes to game it annoys the c*** out of me when a company gives themselfs a stupid time frame to make there game then it ends up being put back like 3 times. I'd rather they just say somthing like it will take 3 - 4 years to make & then everyone will be shocked & happy when it comes out early. That way there giving themselfs a nice timeframe to work out any problems that may arrise & the people that are waiting for the game won't loose interest due to the constant delays. A fine example of that would be Alen Wake I know so many people on xbox live that were originally going top buy it but lost interest because of all the delays.

As for MS I just don't like them, I only own an xbox for halo, I don't like the fact that they keep trying to monopolise the market. They domonate the PC indestry & now they trying to controle the gaming industry as well, I won't forgive them (or Square Enix for allowing it) for buying out Square Enix. After They bought Square Enix they disolve the sound section of the company, that relly p***ed me off. Nobuo Yamatsu's music is just as much a part of Final Fantasy as the characters & story, but they go & fire him what a joke. He's part of the reason FF is such an epic game series & that's how they thank him, no wonder why some of the creaters of FF left to found Mistwalker. Although Microsoft have controle of Mistwalker as well, it's against the law to monopolise the market yet MS are allowed to do it anyway. THAT is why I just don't like them & ity's also part of the reason I never bought an original xbox. Between my thoughts of them monopolising & my anger at Saga's Bankruptsy is the reason I never have & never will buy an original xbox. With the halo series coming to an end as Bungie is no long making the halo game's, unless the new company responsable for creating halo are able to do it justice I doubt I'll be getting the next xbox console.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Microsoft was responsible for that Shadowrun RPG desaster. Don't you ever forget that.
And it even had a ( cancelled !!! ) solo RPG campaign !

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
yeah I remember hearing about that, although I never played Shadow run myself I do know a few people than liked the game. Microsoft are starting to get beyond a joke, between them & EA there managing to ruin 90% of the best game series on the market.

I am very determind to see Larian's name up there with the major names, there going to change the gaming comunity for the better. One day there going to be bigger than EA & on that day I'm going to turn round & say F*** YOU EA YOU CAN'T STOP LARIAN THERE 100x BETTER THAN YOU'LL EVER BE LOL.

A
veteran
veteran
A
yeah I remember hearing about that, although I never played Shadow run myself I do know a few people than liked the game.

This is not the point.

The point is that Microsoft

- turned the currently most strongly anticipated wished for pen & papr RPG into
- an MS Vista-only
- Online only
- rules partly changed

fiasco.

And that was when people already began thinking that MS Vista was a failure.

And what really broke this game was its "Vista-only" stance, when people rather waited for Win7 or still bought WinXP because no-one liked Vista.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yeah I know, they tried to get more people to by Vista but all they did was pi** people off.

about the bungie last game thing,i dont know how many people i have had to tell this but 343 was always the ones makeing the game
343=develiper
bungie=producer

343 was a part of bungie but when bungie branched off 343 was able to get to do what larain is able to right now
be there own devleper and producer!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard