Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#450752 26/09/11 10:15 AM
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
On Saturday 24 September, "La semaine du jeu vidéo" released some cool footage on RTBF about Larian and Dragon Commander - it turned out quite cool so it's definitely worth a look - Link is: http://www.rtbf.be/tv/emission/detail_la-semaine-du-jeu-video?id=1053#.Tn9N3CSG0OQ.facebook and Larian/Dragon Commander footage starts from minute 6:25

--

We have been on RTL-TVI last week (15 September) on the popular French TV-show, "Tout s'explique"!

Footage can be found at the following link: http://www.rtltvi.be/emission/tout-s-explique/7.aspx

They filmed at our offices a couple of months ago when we were still busy preparing for GamesCom, and Dragon Commander still looked like a game from the nineties wink

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
That's interesting.

Now if only i could understand what they are talking about.... sad

M
addict
addict
M
What software does Ian use for story ? Can it be downloaded somewhere ?

old hand
old hand
It's our own internal dialog editor.

Tweeting @forktong
M
addict
addict
M
It beeing internal software, I guess you can't disclose it, but can you somewhat describe the main features ?
I am a P&P RPG game master (is that the right term ?) and I'm thinking I could write some programm that would describe a scenario (with main "paths"), and some of the dialogs.

old hand
old hand
It's basically a dialog tree editor which allows you to easily set up dialog flows, flag what conditions there are for showing a certain dialog node and allows you to execute certain actions per dialog node. For each dialog node, there's a whole bunch of things you can do like set up the animations, camera movements, audio, lipsynch etc... in an adobe premiere like fashion (i.e. you have multiple timelines on which you can trigger specific events that control certain aspects of the scene being shown)

M
addict
addict
M
Thanks you.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard