Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
addict
OP Offline
addict
I just played the demo and fell in love! This is the new Action/RPG from 38 Studios (Curt Schilling).

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
veteran
veteran
What in this game you like most?
Has this game homour? Has this game nice exploration/loot system? Alchemy/crafing system?? Enchanting??
Do you play de Xbox demo and so yes: how do the controls feels?

How is the leveling up system? Can you distribute your own stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, vitality, etc etc ...
Is it an open skill tree?

I can't download the demo because I haven't a Gold or Silver membership on Xbox ... and I find it a little bit stupid to take Silver or Gold ONLY because of 1 demo smirk !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Originally Posted by Joram
I can't download the demo because I haven't a Gold or Silver membership on Xbox ... and I find it a little bit stupid to take Silver or Gold ONLY because of 1 demo smirk !

Silver is free, it's the default membership, so you should have it. I think the demos are exclusive to Gold members for the first week, then available to Silver, so you should look into that.

old hand
old hand
The game looks even more cartoony than Fable/World of Warcraft and has twitchy God of War combat. Setting is generic fantasy with Salvatore behind it.

There's no jump button. Towns are lifeless. Not my cup of tea, really. All in all, it feels like a MMO.

I'll just keep playing div

Last edited by virumor; 18/01/12 09:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Axel
Originally Posted by Joram

Silver is free, it's the default membership, so you should have it. I think the demos are exclusive to Gold members for the first week, then available to Silver, so you should look into that.

Many thanks ... I never noticed I've Silver oops

So I've just to "wait" for a week and then ... Attack ! biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
veteran
veteran
My thoughts? It will require Origin on PC, and thus is an automatic skip, for me.

Please click the banner...
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
My thoughts? It will require Origin on PC, and thus is an automatic skip, for me.

That's the main reason why I'm going to give Mass Effect 3 a pass. I grudgingly accepted Steam, but I really don't want another third-party client on my computer.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by virumor
The game looks even more cartoony than Fable/World of Warcraft and has twitchy God of War combat. Setting is generic fantasy with Salvatore behind it.

There's no jump button. Towns are lifeless. Not my cup of tea, really. All in all, it feels like a MMO.

I'll just keep playing div

Yes, it's got a cartoony look, which I love since more realistic graphics in RPGs usually turn out pretty bad, i.e. faces in Elder Scrolls games. I'm all for the more whimsical and charming aesthetic, which is why I fell in love with Divinity II.

You call the combat "God of War," yet I've played God of War and I can't really compare it to this. While it's more action oriented, it keeps the RPG mechanics intact while offering a fluid and seamless combat system that doesn't feel stilted and robotic like most RPGs.

Setting is generic fantasy? Yeah, just like Divinity, Torchlight, Diablo, Elder Scrolls, etc. They're all very derivative fantasy experiences in terms of how they look and feel.

"There's no jump button." There goes that "God of War" comparison out the window, eh? wink

And on the subject of towns, most RPGs may have towns with life, but they're still very lifeless. Hell, the greatest example of living and breathing worlds aren't even RPGs, but they're Rockstar games.

Last edited by Libertarian; 18/01/12 08:12 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
We'll have to agree to disagree.

I can't speak for Torchlight since I haven't played them, but Divinity and Elder Scrolls are not derivative. Divinity is a deliberate parody of typical fantasy tropes, while Elder Scrolls has a unique background lore full of detail and ambivalence, and while I agree that Oblivion's setting was quite generic, Morrowind had a unique, atmospheric world, and Skyrim does as well (but not as much as Morrowind). Even Diablo felt pretty unique with its dark world and atmosphere.

I don't mind a cartoony look in games (I love Divinity and Drakensang, and even like Sacred and Fable) but to me, Amalur just feels... assembled and very MMO-ish.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by virumor
Divinity is a deliberate parody of typical fantasy tropes,

If you want more of this, then look out for the adventure game called the "Book Of Unwritten Tales", or even towards "Grotesque Tactics" 1 & 2.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
"Book Of Unwritten Tales" ... : woow, beautiful lovely screenshots !!

Years ago my very first pc game was an adventure puzzle game (like Myst I, Riven, etc).
wink

old hand
old hand
I'm loving it.
Its a mixture of several games.
And I'm sort of addicted to playing the demo, I always seem to find new loot, and quests.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
I'm loving it.
Its a mixture of several games.
And I'm sort of addicted to playing the demo, I always seem to find new loot, and quests.

Aha, someone who find Kingdoms of Amalur very good . Most comments are more negative than positive. But this week I gonna try he demo myself wink

stranger
stranger
IT looks fun although I'm still trying to finish the demo as we speak. which is going slow due to only being able to sun on one wireless connection... and thats an android app ugh...

I'm kind of excited though, I like how it looks in the trailers and such.

The Black Knights... the Knights for justice.
veteran
veteran
Yesterday I take a short look into the Demo and so far I must say I find it a sweet game, full of pleasure to play ...

But hey ?! Can't save my status(make a save game) in the demo question

veteran
veteran
I've played de full demo and I believe this rpg is a nice one with lovely nice & sweet looking graphics. Their are a few minor things, but I can live with it.
It looks more fun to play than Skyrim ... I better not bought that game hahaha ...

enthusiast
enthusiast
I have a PS3 and decent gaming PC so I'm going to download the demo on both platforms and see which I like best. Downloading PS3 demo now. Story is by RA Salvatore - I read a couple of his books which were not bad so it looks like a promising story based RPG. Ill give the demo a shot over the next week and see what I think.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

old hand
old hand
You know... I wonder how big the budget was for this game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can't get the demo to work... PC version graphics are messed up. PS3 download is taking forever. Will probably get the PS3 version anyway. As for the budget, I hadn't heard of it until it was mentioned on this forum so maybe their advertising budget was a bit limited.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
After all, I still doubt to buy this rpg !

After all, I'm back playing DKS only !
While other Xbox games are staring at me hahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard