Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#453904 10/03/12 02:43 AM
virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
So how are people here enjoying this year's first "blockbuster"?

It is good, but as with almost all AAA releases, not worthy of all the 10s and 9.5s that get thrown around in mainstream press.

virumor #453910 10/03/12 12:36 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
It seems to split the people at the Watch, more or less. Those who prefer rather "old school" RPGs, don' like it that much, but everyone agrees that it is a good action game. And that it is more movie than RPG, and more shooter than RPG.

The ending (about which I know nothing substancial yet) has provoked a lot of reactions, even on web sites. Same goes for the multiplayer part.

Metacritic appears to get a lot of anti-ME-hate or anti-Bioware-hate because of ... whatever. People post 0-1 points there just to beat them, and as the "review text" they sometimes write even utter gibberish (yes, someone quoted even an "Lorem Ipsum" entry ...).

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
What I'm hearing from people who have finished it is 'great game, lousy ending(s)' and no-one is thrilled with the day one DLC incident.

Overall, though, my impression (As someone who hasn't played it!) is that as long as you don't mind the ending(s), you'll probably enjoy the game.

EDIT: As an addendum to Alrik's comment on the problem with metacritic trolls, I'd like to add that most of the people adding very HIGH scores also appear to be trolls. For some reason ME3 has become the epicentre of a metacritic troll war. Genuine reviews seem to be in the minority, sadly.

Please click the banner...
veteran
veteran
I simply totally don't love shooter games, so I leave it for what it is, I leave it alone wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #453924 11/03/12 10:40 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I played & enjoyed the first two games so Ill be buying this. I hate games with lousy endings though but it won't put me off.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #453983 14/03/12 05:24 PM
addict
addict
It's a good game so far, though it doesn't touch the first game's role-playing mechanics.

This is definitely more shooter and less RPG.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I finished it last week, and all the furour about the ending is indeed warranted. It is absolutely terrible, and pretty mind-boggling that BioWare thought to end a trilogy this way.

Still a good game, though, I rate it 8/10 without ending and 7/10 with the ending as it is now.

Arokh #454059 18/03/12 09:17 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arokh
I played & enjoyed the first two games so Ill be buying this. I hate games with lousy endings though but it won't put me off.

I'd hold off if I were you the whole choice thing with ME has been made null & void by the ending(s?)

Bioware promised us a game with 16 different endings but instead they gave us a game with 1 ending with 16 different tweeks.

Bioware promised us that are choices would effect the game & the outcome but instead they gave us a game that says it doesn't matter what you did or how you did it the ending is the ending so **** you

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, interesting point. Ill still buy ME3 but I might wait till it's sold at a discount then I won't feel so cheated when I get the crap ending. I have other games to play first anyway.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #454130 21/03/12 06:16 PM
old hand
old hand
well from the looks of things unless they fix the ending I doubt many people will be buying any DLC for ME3 I know I won't be.

The indoctrination theory is vary hard to argue with if you watch this video it does actually make sense.

YouTube Indoctrination Theory

Indoctrination Theory on BSN

veteran
veteran
Mass Effect 1 ... Mass Effect 2 .... Maff Essect 3 ... :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram #454168 22/03/12 04:01 PM
old hand
old hand
LMFAO Forbes just Sucker Punched IGN's Colin Moriarty

Forbes Sucker Punch's IGN

stranger
stranger
So which ending did you all like, green, blue or red?

old hand
old hand
option no 4 = none of the above hahaha

A
veteran
veteran
A
Even more serious RPG sites are now chiming in that what Bioware delivered seems to be a bad ending/writing of the whole story no matter hat ou do.
They all point towards plot holes and inconsistencies.
People will remember this series for its "endings discussion" alone.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
I said it already ... Maff Essect 3,
not Mass Effect 3, o no, o no !
:hihi:

Joram #454289 26/03/12 02:53 PM
veteran
veteran
I prefer Mess Affect, personally... laugh

veteran
veteran
hahaha

A good one Elliot wink

Joram #454312 27/03/12 09:15 PM
old hand
old hand
I'm more of a Dragon Age fan than a Mass Effect fan. I played the demo of ME3 and have concluded that it's hardly an RPG. I've seen Bioware taking notes from fans on Dragon Age 3 now on the official forum. I hope they don't ruin Dragon Age 3 and take out dialogue options completely (Mass Effect 3 has two dialogue options if at all).

Demonic #454314 28/03/12 12:55 AM
veteran
veteran
Thanks, Joram smile

Demonic,

As someone who adores DA:O myself, I'm currently more interested in the player made mods for that than I am in DA3. Sadly, I do not believe that Bioware have the faintest idea of why DA:O was so popular, nor do I think DA3 will be anywhere close to as good. DA2 proved pretty conclusively that Bioware are looking for a different audience to the people who loved DA:O.

Of course if you loved DA2, you're probably right to be excited...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard