Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
I adored DA:O and DA2 not so much. I'm actually confused as to why they tried to change the formula for DA2 when DA:O had it perfect. Dragon Age 3 is confirmed to have the dialogue wheel back in along with a voice protagonist but if it introduces origins again (which it could do but just without the races), includes more tactical combat like the original, has the customization and companion interaction of the original and has a more realistic artstyle again with no fetch quests, then it could be as great as the original.

Unfortunately - as Mass Effect 3 proves - it seems that Bioware aren't going to listen to the fans.

But I can wait and hope. If DA3 doesn't resemble Origins or even an RPG anymore, it's not like I'll be disappointed since I'm not hyped for DA3.

Last edited by Demonic; 29/03/12 01:20 PM.
Demonic #454366 29/03/12 02:37 PM
veteran
veteran
I think Bioware only 'listen to the fans' these days so that they can say 'the fans are all wrong because...'

It's pretty sad. They used to be the best creators of RPGs on planet Earth. Now... not so much...

Please click the banner...
old hand
old hand
@Elliot

That's because EA got there greedy hands on Bioware

On that not I'd like to add some news on the situation with the ME3 ending

Stck in EA Drops

It's safe to say from reading this that EA has been delt a major blow to there favourite thing & that's money. I'm not so stupid as to think the ME3 ending outrage is the only factor here but it is certainly the icing on the cake.

veteran
veteran
I suspect you are right that that's what went wrong with Bioware, DA, yes.

As to the EA stock drop, I'm going to guess that Origin took a lot of money to set up, but that sales have dropped off on EA titles, with the combination leading to a huge drop in profits.

Whether or not that's just a temporary blip is something else, of course...

old hand
old hand
from what i've seen things have been up in the air with EA since before Christmas last year. With the row between EA & GAME & EA not allowing GAME to stock any of there March release's as well as SWTOR not doing as well as they thought it would. Add on the outrage over DA, now ME3 ending outrage has just gone & added the icing on the cake. I would think it would be in there best interests to listen to the fans & give us what we were promised, multipal endings.

veteran
veteran
EA? Listen to their customers? It would be a more than welcome first! laugh

old hand
old hand
yeah true EA doesn't do listen very well lol, but you would think they would listen given how much they love there money.

All I can really say is I hope they never get there hands on Larian that would make me cry.

veteran
veteran
EA,
brrrr ... they give me a horrible nightmare !
they better do what they love most :
count goldcoints

and stop irritating game developers mad
:hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #454502 04/04/12 08:51 PM
old hand
old hand
LMFAO EA voted WORST company in America

Evil EA

But these video's are pretty cool

Commander Shepard's Song

Take It Back

virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I already uninstalled the game and that Origin crap. I don't care anymore what crap DLC BioWare will come up with to "fix" their mess.

I moved on to other, better games.

Last edited by virumor; 04/04/12 10:02 PM.
virumor #454506 04/04/12 10:29 PM
old hand
old hand
Well me as far as Mass Effect is concerned as you can no doubt tell from the sig lol. I will fight EA all the way to hell, I bought the collecters edition of ME3 & I'll be damd if I'll let them het away with this. I paid for an epic ending & I'll bloddy well get one even if it's the last thing I do I will HOLD THE LINE AGAINST EA.

A
veteran
veteran
A
The only thing I'm interested of EA right now is their "Medieval SIMs".

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
I'm wondering though, do you think this stunt with the Mass Effect 3 endings could be Biowares attempt to reclaim there company from EA while keeping the rights to Mass Effect.

Bioware Pulling a fast one?

I can't help but wonder if this is what they were attempting because the way Bioware has been acting since EA got there claws on them is majorly out of character for them.

old hand
old hand
What do you mean you paid for an epic ending? That's not on the box. I'll hold the wine though.

I'm more concerned about the DLC scams, dumbing down of the genre and games being rushed out by Bioware. I doubt EA had anything to do with the ending. Do you think EA told Bioware to make the endings ****? You think they told Bioware to dumb down the dialogue options? I don't think they told Bioware to change Dragon Age's formula either.

Bioware have clearly expressed that all the changes to both series have been their decisions and theirs own. It was their decision to implement Mass Effect's dialogue wheel into Dragon Age 2 just as it was their decision to dumb it down for Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.

It's funny seeing all these "theories" popping up on YouTube though. Here's a video trying to debunk that Indoctrination theory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plg0zWh_hGM

Judging by the dislikes not many have accepted it. It's almost like watching a religious debate though with all these theories and videos popping up.

I can almost imagine Bioware watching all the chaos unfold from some tower high up while their faces slowly morph into the troll face as they sip wine from exquisite glasses.

Last edited by Demonic; 05/04/12 04:04 PM.
Demonic #454554 05/04/12 05:01 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Demonic #454555 05/04/12 05:22 PM
old hand
old hand
No but considering they've said today that they are releasing epiloge & editional DLC for the ending in the summer suggests that EA made them remove part of the ending to sell as DLC. I would not put that passed EA for a second taking the day 1 DLC into account as well & it says to me I smell something rotten.

I meen come on everyone knows how much EA love's it's DLC & considering that the ending DLC is anounced for this summer. Well I'm sorry but DLC of that kind takes awhile to make so they were already planning on it so it boils down to this.

A, they ran out of time & put the sh**y ending in there because EA refused to delay the launch for it to be finished. Jeniffer Hale (fem shep) addmitted to still be doing her role in november last yer.

B, It was left out on perpose so that it could be sold as DLC later on down the line.

knowing how EA works I'm almost certain it's B

Larian PLEASE whatever you do I Beg you NEVER sell out to EA

old hand
old hand
Well you're getting an expansion on the endings now with new cinematics and epilogue scenes to explain what happens after the endings for free. Check Alrik's link. I read it from here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17626125

Here's Bioware on the matter:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/11028404

It's called the Extended Cut. I wonder if it'll add new gameplay content though. Whether this makes the endings any better though is unknown to me. I haven't even played the full game and experienced the endings to say what could make them better.

Demonic #454615 06/04/12 11:58 PM
old hand
old hand
I know about the extended cut I've been part of the retake Mass Effect movement since it started. The DLC they are offering won't explain everything away we need a change not "clarification" as Bioware call it.

The biggest problem with the ending is the so called twist they add at the end.

WARNING: if you haven't finished Mass Effect 3 yet then do not click this link.

The Biggest Plothole Of The Game

veteran
veteran
Wow, DA! That's a heck of a well argued post! My hat is off to you!

old hand
old hand
I love Mass Effect & that is the reason I feel so strongly about this bu***hit ending they've lumbered us with. If they think this "clarification" DLC will make any difference to the problems I mentioned in my rant then they are more than likely wrong. The only way starchilds existance in the game can be "clarified" is by way on the indoctrination theory. Then again they've already debunked that theory if you read Mike Gambles Twiter so the "clarification" DLC as they call it is just going to end up being a time bomb waiting to go off. Starchild is the biggest plot hole of the whole ending & I don't get how they think they'll be able to "clarify" him.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard