Next Thread
Print Thread
#454894 23/04/12 12:50 AM
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
[Linked Image]

I guess George was part of the Dragon Slayer order. Suffice to say that dragons won't find any refuge on this day!

old hand
old hand
*Hurls a Fireball at the picture*

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Demonic

I guess George was part of the Dragon Slayer order. Suffice to say that dragons won't find any refuge on this day!

Nah the Dragon slayer order is just a myth. The dragon sybolised the Roman Empire (of which George hated) and he did not actually kill such a beast but myths and legends arose from this saying he did. Mostly these were formed in medieval Europe most notably the story of the dragon taking the city water supply. They had to offer sheep and later humans as a daily sacrifice to appease the beast until eventually it was slain by George.

The St George's cross was eventually adopted as the official English flag and is our patron saint.

We should get St George's day as a public holiday in England but we dont which kinda sucks. Every other Eurpoean nation as far as I know gets a day off work on their saint's day.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

A
veteran
veteran
A
I often wonder if the world-wide tales of "Dragons" reflect last remnants of Dinosaurs on Earth ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Perhaps he just killed Nessie.

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Arokh
Originally Posted by Demonic

Nah the Dragon slayer order is just a myth. The dragon sybolised the Roman Empire (of which George hated) and he did not actually kill such a beast but myths and legends arose from this saying he did. Mostly these were formed in medieval Europe most notably the story of the dragon taking the city water supply. They had to offer sheep and later humans as a daily sacrifice to appease the beast until eventually it was slain by George.

The St George's cross was eventually adopted as the official English flag and is our patron saint.

We should get St George's day as a public holiday in England but we dont which kinda sucks. Every other Eurpoean nation as far as I know gets a day off work on their saint's day.

I was referring to the Dragon Slayer order from Divinity. I know the true story behind Saint George.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard