Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
We have something to announce, something we've been working on for almost two years. It will almost certainly come as a surprise, but we think you might be happy about what it is...

Watch the movie: The secret project of Larian Studios

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, I will if I think it is what it is... Will be keeping a look out for the confirmation!

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

old hand
old hand
Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3. Divinity 3.

Resume the role of The Divine One - one of the best protagonists in an RPG series - and wipe the floor with Damien's ungodly butt.

Come on Larian. It better be Divinity 3 or I'll storm those offices of yours and throw large amounts of money into your faces until you make it happen.

Last edited by Demonic; 17/05/12 02:26 PM.
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Demonic

Resume the role of The Divine One - one of the best protagonists in an RPG series - and wipe the floor with Damien's ungodly butt.

This is going to leave a trace, and not only in the history of Rivelon.

old hand
old hand
It should be Divinity 3, yes.. but I like to be surprised.

veteran
veteran
Led wars!!!!!!!

no the other one Divinity 3!!!!!!

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
veteran
veteran

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
old hand
old hand
Male Divine One and Female Dragon Knight holding hands actually.

No?

No.

frown

I thought that it was Ygerna and Damien at first but I later thought against it. Would Larian really resurrect Ygerna for Divinity 3? It would destroy the ending of Flames of Vengeance really and its name sake. You wouldn't really have had revenge if she's still running about with Damien.

I suppose Larian could implement it but somehow I doubt it's her. There's definitely something sinister about the picture. For one we have that red crack which looks like he's a rip in the dimension and then we have the two figures which are shaded whereas everything else is colored and clear.

Maybe the Beyond Divinity hero is back and he's pissed off because Larian hasn't mentioned him since 2004. He's trying to destroy the game itself and attempts to break the forth wall to kill the player and then hunt Larian down for "forgetting" him.

Last edited by Demonic; 17/05/12 09:25 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Morbo

Well, that confirms it then.

Support
Support

It has not been confirmed that Project E is Divinity 3, though so far what we know fits that assumption.

I also thought of Damian and Ygerna seeing the concept art, at least partly because there aren't really any other couples involved in the story so far. If it is them, rather than some new ominous-looking couple, the game could be set between Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Damian was 15 when Ygerna was executed, though, and they had only known each other for a couple weeks, so that isn't a lot of time to fit in an RPG (which would need to avoid effecting the established story line). If set after DKS, there would have to be an explanation for Damian (presumably) being able to resurrect Ygerna when he was unable to do so before (maybe because the dragon knight's resurrection and re-killing broke the soul forge, or something). It could be set before DKS, so Ygerna was a ghost, but would have to end with her stuck in the Hall of Echoes and unable to communicate with Damian. Other than aspects of the ending already being establish, there would be lots of flexibility in the world and story before DKS to set another RPG.

We know you will be able to defeat the main bad guy at the end of Project E, so that limits the plot if the game is set before DKS (the bad guy has to be someone other than Damian, or you play as Damian, and the 'bad guy' is the Divine One).

old hand
old hand
It could be a screenshot from a cutscene or introduction to the game that explains the background of previous games.

Support
Support

Yes, they may have wanted to avoid too much detail about the game itself in the first 'teaser' image released.

addict
addict
Yes!

Well, I'm officially excited.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
enthusiast
enthusiast

I thought that as well; maybe the rip / crack in the ground running between them symbolises them being torn apart from each other i.e when Ygerna was slain at the end of Flames of Vengeance. Could be, as Virumor said, part of a cutscene explaining the backstory.

At least it's confirmed that its a Divnity game and if going by the Blog posts it will continue the story so hence I think it's Divinity 3.

Last edited by Arokh; 18/05/12 12:08 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lynn
We have something to announce, something we've been working on for almost two years. It will almost certainly come as a surprise, but we think you might be happy about what it is...
Watch the movie: The secret project of Larian Studios

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by virumor
It could be a screenshot from a cutscene or introduction to the game that explains the background of previous games.

This is not a screenshot, though, this is artwork. And I don't think this is paint-over consider artist's brushstrokes and composition set up.

looks like Damian and Ygerna are holding hands hehe

Not seeing Damian there, though. It could be just generic characters form the cover/concept art/presentation placeholder.

Lar, may I know the artist name, please? And, if possible, link to the gallery?

Last edited by Kein; 18/05/12 12:58 PM.
old hand
old hand
I'm calling it now.

Beyond Divinity hero is the antagonist of Divinity 3.

Yeah, I'm betting it's Project E. And I'm also betting it'll be Divinity 3. I don't think Larian would be stupid enough to be working on Dragon Commander, Project E and Divinity 3 all at the same time. Insane enough, maybe, but not stupid enough.

Also,

Nice Schindler's List thing you got going there.

A
veteran
veteran
A
looks like Damian and Ygerna are holding hands hehe

I rather hope it's the Dragon Knight & Rhode/Rhoda. wink

Edit : It could also be the Divine One & The Goddess (of which we haven't seen a single thing since the intro movie of Divinity 1).

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 19/05/12 04:57 PM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
I rather hope it's the Dragon Knight & Rhode/Rhoda. wink

Can't be. The Dragon Knight's a woman too. silence

Last edited by WotanAnubis; 19/05/12 05:43 PM.
old hand
old hand
I doubt it's any hero type character. That red glow suggests something evil.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard