Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#455757 07/06/12 01:58 PM
Arhu Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Just in case you still need inspiration for item combinations ... There's a well-known app that has a lot of them -- Alchemy. Here's a list of 380:

http://www.abctrick.net/2011/06/alchemy-highly-addictive-games-for.html

There was once a thread in the pre-Divinity era that dealt with all sorts of sil.. interesting item combinations. Isn't there a way to get all the old posts back?

Arhu #455783 08/06/12 11:35 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I had posted a summary of "early development" tales somewhere here.

Unfortunately the Search Function here is limited to 3 years, and there is no "see all threads started by this user" function, either.

But it is still there, because I had seen it once during the last year again.

Edit : Ah ! Found it ! Much quicker than I thought !

"[History] Stories from the early development." http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=151649#Post151649

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 08/06/12 11:40 AM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
What a great thread full of ideas!

Some of them made me laugh a lot:

water + person = wake up person
mouse + princess ~> scared princess

Frankly I'd like to see everything from DD/BD and more. And there was a lot of combinations when you think about it.

stranger
stranger
That´s a really interesting and entertaining piece of Forum history !

Does anyone know somethimg about the origin of Buad/Buad´s Tea; I´ve heard it was created in this forum too.
If you have some more background information about DD like "Totu Chabal" I´d be happy to read it.
[ http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...mp;Words=buad&Search=true#Post439719 ]
*thx*

[Linked Image]
Support
Support

I don't know how Buad's tea came about, but speaking of history...

History of the mysterious "Experience Bomb".

Alrik's poetry and a history lesson

Raze #455798 08/06/12 07:12 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Buad is one of the first batch of Forum members here, we were at Attic first, when Larian created LMK, then, when Attic's forums crumled, Larian gave us shelter, so we went into the exile, into this forum here, and here we stayed.

Buad is infamnous for his alchemistical experiments. Especially infamous is his TEA. You should get away from it at the highest possible speed !

Once I came in contact with it, and the result was my mutation into a daisy flower. To others this TEA has not been so kind. Mutations surround the TEA and is is able to evoke any kind of ... well, Chaos Magic ? wink

I think the infamous TEA is responsible of Buad being a Giant Dwarf nowadays - a Dwarf which has grown into - for a dwarf - gigantic size. About 2 metres or so. wink

I don't exactly remember anymore where the TEA originates from, but I think ... I vaguely remember it being mentioned at Attic's forums first ... And that was around 1998 or so ...

I could take a look at the few threads I had saved from the forums of Attic.

@Arhu : Do you have an backup of the old Attic threads, too ?

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
stranger
stranger
Wow thanks for giving me a view inside the early development of the game and the forum !
Everything around Larian, LMK, Attic, Lost Kingdom, forum-role-playing and the Forum members in DD is very interesting and I´d really appreciate more of your saved threads.

Is this THE Buad ? http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=169

"Buad is infamnous for his alchemistical experiments. Especially infamous is his TEA. You should get away from it at the highest possible speed !
Once I came in contact with it, and the result was my mutation into a daisy flower. To others this TEA has not been so kind. Mutations surround the TEA and is is able to evoke any kind of ... well, Chaos Magic ?
I think the infamous TEA is responsible of Buad being a Giant Dwarf nowadays - a Dwarf which has grown into - for a dwarf - gigantic size. About 2 metres or so."

I´ve read this text about Buad´s Tea in german once before but where did it come from ? Also the Attics forum ?

"Once in a Year we usually meet at FanPro's original RPG meeting, the RatCon.
Marian was often there, too, so we could get nerws from him. ;-)
~Alrik."

Do these RPG meetings still exist ?

(Wenn du die Zeit findest wäre ich sehr froh mich durch die Spiele- und Forengeschichte lesen zu dürfen, gerne auch in der Originalfassung ohne Übersetzung *thx*)

[Linked Image]
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DrEnigma

Yes, that's him. In the "RPG Chat (German)" and "Chat (German)" sections of the forum many members used to act according to their chosen roles, but a lot of them have left, unfortunately. Buad is occasionally still around, though.

Some of the old forum RPGs can be found in the sections mentioned above, but finding them might require some digging. Buad was also active in the "On the Road Again" forum RPG, the most recent one that has seen any activity, but it's currently paused since quite a while.

stranger
stranger
The search function doesnt seem to get past a certain date on the forum history. Maybe to prevent necrophilia on the old threads... ?

But is there a way to get to these old treasures maybe by the powers of an Admin or Moderator like Raze ? wink

[Linked Image]
Support
Support

When searching you can change the time range (ie 'Newer than 6 Years' and 'Older than 3 Years') to find older posts but stay within the maximum range of 3 years.

Alternately you can use Google to search by entering the terms, maybe the game or forum name in quotes (to restrict to relevant hits) and 'site:larian.com' in the text box. This is also handy for searching for 3 letter words or acronyms / abbreviations, which the forum search ignores.

A
veteran
veteran
A
(Wenn du die Zeit findest wäre ich sehr froh mich durch die Spiele- und Forengeschichte lesen zu dürfen, gerne auch in der Originalfassung ohne Übersetzung *thx*)

Xanlosch has them archived on his page : http://www.xanlosch.de/index.php4?fn=romane

--Dilbert cartoon

A
veteran
veteran
A
Does anyone know somethimg about the origin of Buad/Buad´s Tea; I´ve heard it was created in this forum too.

Just think of Buad & his TEA like this : http://smilies-smilies.de/smilies/mehrgifs/poff.gif

wink

--Dilbert cartoon

Link Copied to Clipboard