Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#456052 17/06/12 10:18 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi all, congratulations for presentation of this awesome arpg in E3-2012...
I have some question if possible...
- I read that italian localization in not confirmed yet, but I don' t Larian will not do that, or not!? O.o
- The interation with the scenary is very powerful, better than Divine Divinity...; but apart the barrels, will there be another elements to interact with?
- Will the trees be infiammable with our fireballs?
- Will the world be open and bigger than DD one?

Ok thx again Lar...
PS: the music of Kiril in the gamespot video at 8.30 is awesome...:)

Support
Support

You are correct; more languages will be announced, but so far the only confirmed ones are English, German, Polish and Russian.

Anything not too heavy and not nailed down should be movable. There should be more world interaction in D:OS than there was in DD (lighting candles, filling mugs from a keg, etc).

I'd guess there may be some standing deadwood, or something, around to burn (not just oil barrels), but I'm not sure allowing you to start a forest fire would be a great idea. Maybe you can burn trees, but if you target more than a couple you get attacked by Smokey the Bear.
evil

IIRC I read somewhere the world in D:OS is about the same size as DD.

old hand
old hand
I read that italian localization in not confirmed yet, but I don' t Larian will not do that, or not!? O.o

We'r working on it - we'd like to, that's for sure. It really is a money issue where we need to figure out if the costs of localization in a particular language can be recuperated from a specific market.

- The interation with the scenary is very powerful, better than Divine Divinity...; but apart the barrels, will there be another elements to interact with?

Yes - we'll cram in as much of these as we can.

- Will the trees be infiammable with our fireballs?

That idea has been dismissed so many times in the past because of the problems it'd cause, that nobody on the team thought of it this time, at least not that I know. It'd be cool though, so we'll discuss the idea. Mind you, no promises wink

- Will the world be open and bigger than DD one?

It's pretty big, but it's very hard to compare directly. Measuring the size of the world is not just a questions of measuring the relative size, you also need to take into account how much you can do in that world and what parts are accessible, what not. I actually don't know how large the div world was.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Another question: why o why is'nt there any DC or OS poster for sale?
I'd like to get a Divinity poster (you were giving away posters at E3 for free, so don't claim they don't exist smile !),
where o where can I sign up for one? thank you!

ps really looking forward to both DC and D:OS ! the OS world designer looks great! and yes, I was glad to hear kirill's new songs in the OS video

B
B
Hi guys,
first of all I wanna say I'm REALLY impressed by everything I've seen and read about this game. So, keep the route unchanged and you will have at least one purchaser laugh.

Now - seriously - my questions:

1) I love your ideas about co-op and dialogue system, but how exactly do dialogues work in single-player? I mean, you choose a character and the other one takes his/her own decisions independently? You take decisions for both characters or what?

2) In Ultima VII you could make your own bread,your own sword and a lot of other useful items, but the great thing about that game, in my opinion, was the way its quest design asked you to make/use/examine those items. You know: world interaction is meant to be functional to quest design, otherwise is meaningless, at least for me.
So what I'm asking you is: in OS we're gonna have an adventure-like quest design like in the later Ultma games, or a combat-focused quest desing like in the 99% of the modern cRPGs?

Last edited by Baudolino05; 18/06/12 04:08 PM.
Support
Support

From a comment in the blog post Divinity – Original Sin revealed ! about the dialog system

Originally Posted by Swen Vincke
so the idea is that in single player you can select a character type for the AI in which case the AI will answer in line with his character. Alternatively, you can opt to always have it your way, in which case the AI will not interfere. It's really up to you personal preference, though putting the AI on random will give you the most fun imho

I don't know if or how world interaction may be involved in quests, but previous Divinity games didn't have a predominantly combat focused quest design, and D:OS will have less combat overall than the previous games.

Welcome to the forum. wave

B
B
Thanks, man. For the answer and for the warm welcome wink

old hand
old hand
>>1) I love your ideas about co-op and dialogue system, but how do exactly dialogues work in single-player? I mean, you choose a character and the other one takes his/her own decisions independently? You take decisions for both characters or what?<<

It's up to you - you can pick a primary party member, and opt to have the AI make choices or disable it. In the latter case, the personality dialogs still take place to further the storyline, but the quest decision making is always as you want it .

2) In Ultima VII you could make your own bread,your own sword and a lot of other useful items, but the great thing about that game, in my opinion, was the way its quest design asked you to make/use/examine those items. You know: world interaction is meant to be functional to quest design, otherwise is meaningless, at least for me.
So what I'm asking you is: in OS we're gonna have an adventure-like quest design like in the later Ultma games, or a combat-focused quest desing like in the 99% of the modern cRPGs?<

The idea is definitely to involve the item interaction in the quest design. I'm always amazed how people who didn't play the original games now consider that to be a novel approach wink

B
B
Originally Posted by Lar_q

It's up to you - you can pick a primary party member, and opt to have the AI make choices or disable it. In the latter case, the personality dialogs still take place to further the storyline, but the quest decision making is always as you want it .

The idea is definitely to involve the item interaction in the quest design.

That's exactly what I want to read. If you guys ever go with Kickstarter, you already have one backer :beer:

I'm always amazed how people who didn't play the original games now consider that to be a novel approach wink

That's the modern RPG market. Enjoy laugh!

Last edited by Baudolino05; 18/06/12 03:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
i think only modern generation can enjoy such kind of "RPGs", unfortunately >_>

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thx Lar for your answers wink

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kein
i think only modern generation can enjoy such kind of "RPGs", unfortunately >_>

That's why we need to support small developers like Larian, CD Projekt RED or Frictional Games with our money. We also need to spread the word about their ambitious creations among other consciouss gamers. Many people are seriously fed up with with this new "business model" of major gaming companies [150 separately sold DLC's, crazy DRM's, streamlined & compromised gameplay to appeal "broader" [dumber?] audience].

Last edited by Estrogen; 18/06/12 05:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
Are multiple endings planned for the game?

In the information we've been given there is a suggestion that our affinity with the other party member will affect the ending.

You don't have to confirm or deny that, but I hope that means that there's a possibility for the party members splitting because one sides with the good guys and the other with the bad guys - no matter whichever party member you're playing as.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Two little questions:
Are there only 2 dialogue options in each dialogue?
Will we be able to create our own items in toolset?

Support
Support

If the previous Divinity games are any indication, there will be dialogs with more than two options (and probably some with only one). It would be very unusual to limit the number of options that much, but have a dialog system where stats can influence what options are available. Also, talking about the editor, Lar said "As far as dialogs are concerned, that's pretty straightforward too, yet you can still pretty much do anything you can think of." Two options are appropriate for lots of game situations, but it isn't very hard to think of some where you could easily have 3 or more options.

Welcome to the forum. wave

old hand
old hand
And to answer the other question - yes, you'll be able to create your own items

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
And to answer the other question - yes, you'll be able to create your own items

Thanks for the answer. And, one more - does the Survivor skill tree have lockpicking or barter skills? Well, some social elements.

Last edited by Brainer; 19/06/12 09:55 AM.
old hand
old hand
Lockpicking will be item based, not skill based. Bartering otoh will be based on npc's opinion of you & your charisma stat.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by juanpablo87
Hi all, congratulations for presentation of this awesome arpg in E3-2012...

Well, I think you misunderstood something thre.

It won't be an "Action-RPG" like Blizzard's games, or the Sacred series or Titan Quest or so.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
And... two more)
What about Sleight-of-Hand/Pickpocket stuff? I want to create a Bonnie-Clyde pair)

Most of the people like journal from DD very much. All those "your mum says that you've got wide imagination and deep inner world..." (wrote it as remember, I've played last time kinda 2 or 3 years ago) were incredibly funny. What would we have in D:OS?

Last edited by Brainer; 19/06/12 01:50 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard