Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Felstag Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hello! I just bought this game on Steam not too long ago, after downloading it and setting up the configuration settings, I opened the game and I found everything has green Blotches all over it and makes the game basically unplayable. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Felstag; 08/07/12 12:40 AM.
Support
Support

Someone else with this same issue (here) fixed it by running the game in compatibility mode (see below for the other suggestions). While in the compatibility tab you could also try disabling desktop composition (that helped a couple people with graphics issues in Vista/7 with Divinity 2).

Originally Posted by Larian_QA
Reinstalling directx 9.0c might help with this issue.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...m_en_us_search_mssuggests_131z4enus22051

If this does nto fix it, please try setting your resolution to 16-bit and let us know if that fixes the issue.
Right click on desktop > screen resolution > advanced settings > list all modes > select 1680x1050 16-bit (60Hz)

You could also try right clicking on the executable and setting compatibility mode.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\divine_divinity > right click on div.exe and click properties > compatibility tab > check the box next to "run this program in compatibility mode" and try windows xp sp3.

If you still have the problem, please contact support@larian.com.

F
Felstag Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Yay! laugh It worked! It took a little tinkering but I got it going in different compatibilty modes but I got the windows 95 one to make it run! thanks alot for you help! : )

Support
Support

Glad you got it working, and a belated welcome to the forum. wave

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm having the same issue. Just purchased it on Steam, running Windows 10. I've tried compatibility mode for Win 95, Win 98, XP SP3 with no luck. Tried running in 8 and 16 bit color modes with no luck. Tried all the other options too. When I first ran it through steam and the configuration window came up I tried to run it in 1080p. The colors were fine, but it was centered in the bottom left of my screen and half of it was cut off. When I tried 1280x720 or lower it was centered perfectly, but now the green graphics issue happens every time, even when I switch it back to 1080p or reset the options.

Support
Support

In the compatibility tab, if you check the option to disable display scaling at high DPI, does that make a difference with the main menu being cut off?

Try rebooting your computer. If I leave mine on long enough, eventually I'll get a similar issue (black textures and rainbow highlights indoors and at night) until I reboot (though it can also eventually go away on its own, as well).

Does it make a difference if you switch to Software mode in the configuration program? You can start the program from the install folder (..\SteamApps\common\divine_divinity), or in the Steam library, right click DD and select configure.

Try the Windows 8 Performance "Patch" (works in Win 7 and 10, as well)

In the Divine Divinity install folder, edit the config.div file (in Notepad, or other text editor) and add/edit the line rgb 555 and change the number to something else, like 565. If the line isn't there, go into the graphics options and change the gamma, or something, and it should be added, or you can do so manually (just not as the last line in the file, as the game expects that line to be blank, and ignores it).

You can try using the disk version of the configuration program, to set the game to run in Direct Draw mode. Rename or move the existing configtool.exe and NlsEng.dll files in the install folder, and extract the disk versions from this zip file.
Note that this will reset the game resolution to what the disk version supported, but you can manually change it back by editing the config.div file.

Maybe WineD3D will work better than Direct3D
http://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_series/windows_8_slow_graphics_problem_fixed_using_wined3d

There may be some other suggestions you have not tried yet in the topics/discussions below.

Software/Direct 3D Issues

Graphical Issue, Indoor textures turning black?

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard