Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

No, AFAIK Steam will not be required for D:OS. Even Steamworks is not required for local multi-player, just online. FWIW, the Steam release of DKS did not require Steam to play (though until the DRM-free patch was released did use Securom).

Welcome to the forum. wave

Hi Raze,

This is REALLY good news for me. cheer I know that many people like Steam, that's fine, but I don't. I had to pass games like Deus Ex HR, Skyrim and Risen 2 because they required Steam.

I know that Securom was removed from DKS and I appreciated that enough to also buy a digital copy of DKS from Larian Vault.

So far Larian Studios is next to CD Projekt RED one of my favorites developers.

Best of luck with Original Sin and Dragon Commander.

PS No hard feelings for demolishing your fortress, huh? hahaha

Support
Support

It wasn't my fortress, just some whiner copying my name (I don't complain about the cold when you can't even see condensation from your breath).
rpg003

Support
Support

I emailed a couple Larians, and the official word on Steam is that that has yet to be determined (they are looking at several possibilities).

stranger
stranger

I emailed a couple Larians, and the official word on Steam is that that has yet to be determined (they are looking at several possibilities).

Thanks! It's their decision afterall but I hope that they will not force Steam for D:OS.

Swen himself said this on lar.net:

First of all, the discomfort argument is a very real argument which I experienced several times. Not so long ago I threw a well known game I had just bought through the window, because the online activation didn’t work. It ruined my sunday and I swore I’d never buy a game from these idiots again.

Please Swen, let us opt out of Steam for single player.

stranger
stranger
(they are looking at several possibilities).

Call me crazy but maybe they should consider GOG as well:

Divinity - Original Sin on GOG[/color]

Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity are already on [color:#66FF99]GOG. DKS is on the wishlist:

DKS on GOG

Last edited by Honet 13; 27/06/12 11:49 AM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I already mentioned that since DRM-protection was removed from DKS it just would make sense to make GOG release of it. And may be later D:OS as well.

journeyman
journeyman
I already own Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity on GoG, so I would gladly buy Original Sin and DKS there as well.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I believe that GOG would be good, too.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
I've read the first posts about the italian issue... it would certainly be disappointing that they don't add spanish, too ._.

Lately we are getting a lot of non-translated games here. I can read english with almost any problem, but I certainly appreciate RPGs with spanish translations.

Anyway, the game looks amazing! ^_^

A
veteran
veteran
A
The Spanish-language version of the Drakensang 2 Add-On was faster in the shops than the English-language version of it ! wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
apprentice
apprentice
It's been a while since I've posted on these forums but with the exciting news of D:OS I couldn't resist asking some questions of my own.

1: Customisation
How far does customisation go,you have pre-set characters the warrior and the witch etc. but can we customise hair,skin tone,tattoo's and other features to make our character unique?

2: Platform
May have been answered but didn't have much time to look,what kind of platforms will D:OS ship out on I noticed an xbox being used but still unsure?

3: Developing Software
My biggest interest is in the creation of new content. Will D:OS development tools be shipped with all platforms of the game e.g on xbox or exclusively for pc. Map editing was displayed but what other tools can we use e.g. scripting,weather,new models?

4: Mobs
Do the monsters level up progressively as you do and their loot drops?

I won't hold it against you if can't answer some of these questions as some details need to be kept secret until close to release either way much appreciated. laugh
Oh and btw thank you Larian for releasing divine divinity on STEAM just bought my copy to go and relive some old meomories.

Support
Support

I don't think very much has been revealed yet about cosmetic character customization.

D:OS will be released on PC and Mac.

A full toolset will be included, scripting tools, dialog editor, etc. Last I heard (in an interview on Youtube IIRC) they were considering allowing importing of custom artwork / models.
From Releasing the Toolset is a Good Idea;
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The idea really is that when we release it, you'll get a full-fledged RPG maker kit where you can make stories than can be played by multiple players, with RPG development methodologies embedded that are based on the knowledge we've accumulated over the years.

Opponents do not level with you. The difficulty will be adjusted in co-op mode, though, if additional people join in (or presumably if you take on henchmen in single player mode).

apprentice
apprentice
thanks raze

stranger
stranger
Ok I have a question. Will this game come to the console any time? Either this gen or next gen game console? I don't own a PC, I own a mac and frankly can't really play PC games on it without a copy of Windows which costs and arm and a leg to get.

Thanks for letting me know either way.

Support
Support

There will be a Mac release, but AFAIK no console version. There may be a console release for Dragon Commander, depending on securing necessary financing, which uses the same game engine as Original Sin, so I think at least technically a console version would be possible. However, I'm not sure the interface and game mechanics would translate very well.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard