Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#457078 11/08/12 01:31 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hi everyone,

I heard that Larian will be at the Gamescom this year presenting dragon commander and original sin. Will you also be on the public stand of focus home interactive? Will that be possible to meet people from the studio to have news about divinity original sin and autographs?

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Chaotica #457088 11/08/12 08:19 PM
Support
Support

Larian is self-publishing their upcoming games, so I don't think they would be doing anything with Focus.
According to the Gamescom site, Larian is in the business hall, which may not be open to the general public (I don't know how strict they are, but the 'For trade visitors' section of the site says they "reserve the right to check trade visitor credentials when entering the trade fair").

Raze #457093 11/08/12 09:14 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
They present there new games in the Focus Home's stand so I think that they might also organize things at the public stand. I confirm that the access to the business hall is only reserved to the trade (understand professionnal and press) visitors. I would like to know if there is something for fans wink

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Chaotica #457096 11/08/12 09:33 PM
Support
Support

In that case, hopefully they will have something at Focus' public stand.

Raze #457114 13/08/12 11:39 AM
Support
Support

Unfortunately, Larian is just going to be at their own booth in the business hall.

Raze #457124 15/08/12 12:30 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Sad. I always wanted to meet them. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat:

http://kotaku.com/5935076/pc-dev-offering-5000-reward-to-anyone-who-finds-their-stolen-game

PC developer Larian is not having a great time at the Gamescom trade show in Germany this week.

The dev sent us a note to share that two PCs were stolen from their booth at the show. On those PCs were early copies of their upcoming games Dragon Commander and Divinity: Original Sin. Not good!

So they're offering a $5,000 reward to anyone who can help track the stolen goods down. Here's the full message:

Hey folks... this definitely isn't the way we wanted to kick off Gamescom!

Two PCs were stolen from Larian's booth in the business hall at Gamescom, containing early builds of Divinity: Dragon Commander and Divinity: Original Sin.

Larian is offering a $5000 reward for information leading to the identification of the culprit and return of the PCs. We're asking the game community to band together to track these criminals down and to get the games back!

The team is using backup PCs, so no issues there — and if you have an appointment with Larian, there's no change — but if you have any information about the culprits, head to Business Hall 4.2, Booth A-16 to let the team know. Oh, and you might as well stay for a demo.

Last edited by Kein; 15/08/12 08:43 PM.
Kein #457127 15/08/12 10:13 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I bet it's crackers or something.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
Okay, let's all band together, track them down and kick their asses, then we'll go out for a beer after, like nerdy RPG heroes or something.

That's really screwed up. I hope the very best for Larian. I remember when someone took a copy of Half-Life 2 from Valve. People can be so crappy at times.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
stranger
stranger
Me and two friends of mine will visit gamescom too, so if anyone is interested in talking to a DD fan look for the guy clothed like Alex from Clockwork Orange :

http://www.francobrain.com/literae/droogs.jpg

[Maybe I´ll sneak up to the business area to get my old DD copy signed by the devs :D]

[Linked Image]
DrEnigma #457131 16/08/12 12:21 AM
Support
Support

I'd be careful of where you sneak. Gamescom security is apparently lacking, so Larian may have added a few spider mines...

Raze #457132 16/08/12 12:43 AM
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
These builds will probably be uploaded to torrent sites, unless thieves were interested only in computers.

pall #457133 16/08/12 01:21 AM
The 5K bounty is a good start. The moment the stolen games surfaces on the net, there will be a horde of users hungry to get their hands on that money.

I hope the repercussions of the theft to the development of the game are not as grave as what's zipping through my head right now.

Raze #457137 16/08/12 08:43 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Raze

I'd be careful of where you sneak. Gamescom security is apparently lacking, so Larian may have added a few spider mines...

Not only this, but they might also be the thieves !

I once knew someone who knew someone ... And I had once read about another incident in the local press, too ...

Larian should investigate the Security People, too. Because if no-one had access - they had !

Apart from that I'll be there, too. Today. unfortuntely not in the business area.

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 16/08/12 08:43 AM.

--Dilbert cartoon

addict
OP Offline
addict
I am very sorry for Larian's guys this is a shame to steal developper's computer. I hope that things will get any better soon for them.
And I hope that I could meet some of Larian's guy at the gamescom wink

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Chaotica #457143 16/08/12 02:17 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Makes me wonder how they managed to steal two machines without anyone noticing. I imagine the booth is staffed by Larian during the day & the building would be locked up at night with security staff around. They must have cctv at the site surely not?

Hopefully the games won't make it to torrent sites but if they do then I don't know how bad that will be for game sales.

BTW a google search for "dragon commander torrent" brings up some results but the sites have been flagged as potentially malicious by my antivirus software so I'm a bit reluctant to see what they are.

Last edited by Arokh; 16/08/12 02:20 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Arokh #457144 16/08/12 03:06 PM
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Well.. look on the bright side. It could actually help gain more recognition for Larian and, if played correctly, could actually help with the marketing. Or at least it could help Larian become more know among (not so honest) players.

pall #457145 16/08/12 03:53 PM
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I'm curious too - how did he/they manage to steal the whole PC (ie PC case with the internal parts)? I'm just having hard time to image it. Do all the devs left their stand/room and it was open all this time? Lar.net is still silent.

BTW a google search for "dragon commander torrent" brings up some results but the sites have been flagged as potentially malicious by my antivirus software so I'm a bit reluctant to see what they are.

Because thief is still at Gamescom, he haven't got a chance to return home and check his new "loot" and sort things out.

Last edited by Kein; 16/08/12 04:00 PM.
pall #457146 16/08/12 03:53 PM
veteran
veteran
I hope the "early builds of the 2 games" are containing a well hidden script that blow up or error when the thieves try to make more copies of both early builds !

Or even better: automatically the pc makes a photo/video of the thief when the thief start up the stolen pc and connecting the stolen pc with the world wide internet the photo automatically will be sended to a e-mail only know by the Larians.

Could it be ?

Good luck to all of you searching for the 2 pc's !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #457149 16/08/12 06:01 PM
old hand
old hand
Bad news, damn! I hope Larian can get the thief and sue him like there's no tomorrow!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard