Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I can understand your confusion - the version on GOG and the version on Steam are different ports due to an accident at Larian that caused us to lose the source code of the GOG version. It's a pretty stupid thing, but sometimes things go wrong. So to make the Steam version, the port to adapt for Windows 7, had to be redone. Therefore, there's no relation between the GOG version and the Steam version, other than they're based on the same original game.

We're going to look at what issues might appear if we release the Steam version on GOG, and if none show up, we'll make it available there too, just to make future updates easier.

Sorry about the confusion.

What about the version on GameStop PC App (formerly GameStop Impulse) right now?
That's Version 1.05.002 (AKA 1.005A).
Will that get updated, too?

Last edited by MysterD; 08/07/12 07:03 PM.
Support
Support

It was the same version of the game that went to GOG and Impulse, so unless there are additional complications due to the company being bought or the copy protection used, I would guess that if the GOG version is updated then GameStop's will be as well.

apprentice
apprentice
Hoi!

I'm glad to see Divine Divinity on Steam, with a surrealistic trailer ahah Dank u wel vrienden Larian !
I can't wait Divinity: Original Sin!

I'm just here to report some bugs with the Steam version: the frequent bugs I encountered at the moment, in my french text, are the character "&" instead of "..."
[Linked Image]
and the "Œ" which disappeared or became "S". There are sometimes some bugs of sound (for fence).
[version V1.0061A]
...I also smiled for a little misspelling "encerclef" (instead of "encerclé") for surrounded :p

Even after 10 years, it's always such a really good game!!
Keep up the good work!
Best regards.

Last edited by Drym'; 11/07/12 01:20 AM.
addict
addict
Are the fixes of previous disk version patches in, then? Cf. http://www.larian.com/Site/english/divinity/english.html.

I did some file comparisons, and the following files, at least, are identical to those in v1.29, even though they were different in v1.34.

\global\region.*
\dat\treasure.cmp

So I'm guessing whatever changes / fixes were made to the treasure tables and regions in previous disk patches haven't made it yet into the Steam version. Could this mean that the Steam version was based on the original version and possibly doesn't include all previous fixes? Being a little paranoid here. wink I think I can wait for another while before I continue playing, at least until the music bug is sorted out.

Do You Like Dreams?
Support
Support

Some of the previous disk version fixes are in, some are not.

what are the problems with gog's Divine Divinity?

List of known bug(s) in the Steam Version

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I've been a fan of Larian for a long time, but this mess with various releases and different versions of DD is truly a shame.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Rain Koor
I've been a fan of Larian for a long time, but this mess with various releases and different versions of DD is truly a shame.

Nothing beats quality original ©. Still I believe that the true *proper* version of DD is the original RETAIL game release (3CD, 1.0029A, released September 2002) with one of the latest official patches (1.0033A or 1.0034A) installed. These two patches are almost identical with only one difference: in 1.0033A you should start a new game (savegames from previous versions are incompatible), in 1.0034A you can use savegames from older versions (1.0029A, 1.0031A, 1.0032A) but in this case the patch will not fixes the map errors which are still present in the game.

Support
Support

The possible bug with the maps being reset was just in version 1.0033 using saves started in earlier game versions; that was the only compatibility issue with the disk version (though some changes/fixes only apply to new games started after installing the patch).

apprentice
apprentice
I wonder if my game becomes crazy?... 'cause I've just got an update of 80 ~ 90Mo, now, for Divine Divinity on Steam, but it's still a version V1.0061A... is anyone in this situation?

Last edited by Drym'; 20/09/12 01:44 PM.
Support
Support

There has been no official announcement or confirmation of another patch, but the Divinity Anthology (DD + BD + DKS, see Gamescom 2012) has gone gold, or is in the process of doing so, so there could be an update (though you'd think the version number would reflect that). I assume if Steam is just re-downloading a corrupt file, or something, it would give an error message to that effect?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Hi, I've been reading a lot about the patches and versions of the game. I've got the 1.0061A version of GOG. And have a few questions about it:

1 - Is this the last patched version?
2 - Do the spellbook level fix, and true shot fix work at this version?
3 - I've have experienced constant freezings throught the game. (About 1~5 seconds) I'm using it at Win7 - Software mode.

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Support
Support

Latest version is a 1.0062A. GOG should have a patch (the full installer is updated, at least), or there is a separate download for the music fix.

Don't think so, and no.

Do you have problems with Direct3D? Check out the topics below, though they are general performance problems rather than periodic freezing.

Divine Divinity running very slow and clunky

divine divinity: soooo slow

G
stranger
stranger
G
Hi Raze,

Thanks for the fast reply!

I'll look for a patch to it. Ok! I'll do that!

Humm, that's sad... I was super happy with my ranger. So, do you recomend me to go and get the Disks patched versions instead of playing the GoG one? Or even with this problems the GoG is still better?

Yes, I got a very low FPS with Direct3D, perhaps with this links I can fix the issue.

Thanks

Support
Support

Even without True Shot (which is broken in both the disk and download version), rangers are very effective (especially using Poison Weapon). See, for example, Archery as a warrior - my thoughts.

Do you want widescreen or higher resolution support? IMO that is the primary factor to consider for disk vs download version. In the disk version Finnigan (Verdistis inn cellar) is a decent trader and you can complete his quest and then buy back his unbreakable lockpicks; in the download version he doesn't have much of an inventory, and you can not buy back the lockpicks (so it is better to not complete the quest). The download version is slightly more buggy, but issues are still moderately rare (I played the original unpatched disk version for half the game and didn't run into any serious problems; the minor issue I did have is fixed in the download version, and was fixed at the time by a hotfix). Many issues, if encountered, have fixes or workarounds.

This may help with Win 7, as well: Windows 8 slow graphics problem fixed using WineD3D

In the Steam discussion Game Too Fast someone reported that limiting the FPS helped. Depending on the source of your stuttering, a FPS cap might help. Might be worth trying, anyway.

FPS Limiter Universal: Stabilize the performance of your games

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard