Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
stranger
stranger
D
Meh, I have the original so its not REALLY that big a deal with me. If I end up getting the developer patch/upgrade - kewl. If not, I'll live. With the exception of the extras, its really just a cheat version :P.

R
stranger
stranger
R
"Yes, I thought the retail PC versions of D2:ED and DKS just used a disk check..."

Then why doesn't support know that, instead of demanding a non-existent number?

"I'm sure Larian is working to get D2:DC updated with all digital distributors that carry Divinity 2."

I hope you're right, Raze. It would be nice to get official conformation from Larian.

Sigh.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Very zen of you. :P

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by RichardBlackrose
Very zen of you. :P

Actually its from dealing with devs/publishers for a long time smile

R
stranger
stranger
R
See, now in my case, decades of dealing with devs/pubs makes me want to, (for the most part), go straight to the tar and feathers. wink :P

enthusiast
enthusiast
After some discussion, we will allow people who can provide a personalized picture of the back of their box (clearly visible barcode) and with some form of personal reference on the picture.

For further info, please contact support[at]larian.com

veteran
veteran
How about updating GOG edition of Anthology with bonus tracks from, well, Anthology? it is currently missing them and that is not rally fair too.

old hand
old hand
I think GOG does have the soundtrack files that we have on the audio CDs in the Anthology box... I can't check cause I don't have the GOG version.

Tweeting @forktong
Support
Support

The GOG version of D2:DC has the D2:ED / FoV soundtracks.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The Retail North American (Focus) release if Divinity II (DKS) has a Registration Key on the DVD Case stuck above the Disc holder. The Orig. NA (CDV) Divinity II release contained no Registration Key in either the Package or the Manual. I own both Copies and just checked.

Last edited by shaf; 31/10/12 08:35 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Yep, I have the Orig. CDV version. You'd think that Larian would have known this about their own product and not demanded their customers provide proof that was impossible to provide... Just sayin'. :P

Still, at least they came up with a compromise solution. (Puts tar and feathers back in storage. ;-) :P )

Last edited by RichardBlackrose; 31/10/12 10:51 PM.
Support
Support

Thanks for checking.

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ForkTong
I think GOG does have the soundtrack files that we have on the audio CDs in the Anthology box... I can't check cause I don't have the GOG version.

Last time I checked there was no so-called "bonus" tracks, just FoV/ED OST.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
After some discussion, we will allow people who can provide a personalized picture of the back of their box (clearly visible barcode) and with some form of personal reference on the picture.

For further info, please contact support[at]larian.com

I have already contacted larian support via email, but wanted to publicly commend this decision. I understand it would have been just as easy to go the other way with this. Once again, thank you for understanding our plight. I certainly appreciate the thoughtfulness behind it.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by RichardBlackrose
Yep, I have the Orig. CDV version. You'd think that Larian would have known this about their own product and not demanded their customers provide proof that was impossible to provide... Just sayin'. :P

I suspect that the presence of a serial number or lack thereof is probably another random act of the publishers, most likely...

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler
I have already contacted larian support via email, but wanted to publicly commend this decision. I understand it would have been just as easy to go the other way with this. Once again, thank you for understanding our plight. I certainly appreciate the thoughtfulness behind it.

Yeah, agreed. Good call, guys. smile

J'aime le fromage.
N
Neofit Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Thank you Larian for being good sports and letting us get the DC for free.

Question about the "FoV bit". Compared to D2:ED, FoV is an extra adventure at the end, after the final ED boss fight?

Edit: I've just installed and saw that there is an option to start a FoV campaign. So it is separate from the main game? No way to do the main campaign, and carry your stats and loot over to FoV?

Also, 3 years later, you still can't do proper anti-aliasing smile.

Last edited by Neofit; 01/11/12 07:38 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Neofit
Thank you Larian for being good sports and letting us get the DC for free.

Question about the "FoV bit". Compared to D2:ED, FoV is an extra adventure at the end, after the final ED boss fight?

Edit: I've just installed and saw that there is an option to start a FoV campaign. So it is separate from the main game? No way to do the main campaign, and carry your stats and loot over to FoV?

Also, 3 years later, you still can't do proper anti-aliasing smile.

FoV is very much a continuation of ED: indeed a few people haven't realised that they've transitioned from ED into FoV. But it is possible to launch straight into FoV with a bit of a blank slate, being given a bunch of points to allocate and money to spend on equipment.

And, yeah, anti-aliasing, though they're not alone there...

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support
Also, 3 years later, you still can't do proper anti-aliasing

Three years later, it is still the same game engine. From Antialiasing and Depth of Field do not work?

Originally Posted by Bvs
Hi,

Unfortunately we don't support hardware MSAA in our game. Without going into too much technical detail, this is because of the fact that we are using a deferred rendering system and Directx9. It was a trade-off we made when designing the engine.
What we did do, is try to compensate the lack of MSAA by doing anti-aliasing as a post-process effect in the game via a shader. The effect is subtle but we felt it was enough to help some people.
If you feel that the setting absolutely does nothing for you though, then this is an issue we have to look into.

Concerning the depth of field: the effect works but is only activated during in-game dialogs.

If you have any more questions regarding this, feel free to ask them.

stranger
stranger
There's always FXAA

It makes the text a little fuzzy but otherwise works great

Last edited by Robynah; 02/11/12 03:43 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
If you are using nvidia hardware, you can force through nvinspector. Use the aa flag 0x0000F0C1. I have 2x Multisampling with 2x sparce grid supersampling. Adds a great aa effect, but you will need a decent rig to run these settings.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard