Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#461331 22/03/13 07:56 PM
Alix Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Es ist hoffnungslos, ich habe keine Chance nach Betreten der Seelenhalle an den Brutstätten und Erinnerungsverzehrern vorbeizukommen.
Eine einzige Brutstätte hab ich beseitig. Die anderen produzieren wohl immer weiter neue Feinde.

Ich habe alle Aufgaben vorher geschafft, alle Drachenbücher gelesen... ab und zu in den Turm teleportieren bringt auch nichts, ich bin immer gleich fast tot, sobald ich wieder in der Monster horde auftauche. Pause bringt gar nichts!

Ich spiele im einfachsten Modus! Wo bitte ist da was einfach???
Mein Held hat Level 34. (Es gibt auch keine Monster mehr um noch ein Level aufzusteigen)
Es bringt ja auch nichts den noch mal beim Trainer umzuskillen.
Meine Held ist ja ok (schaden 500-900) nur der Drache stirbt.

Ich kann jetzt mir nur mal den Developer's Cut ansehen, vlt gibst da cheats um den Drachen unsterblich zu machen.
Sonst werde ich das Ende wohl nie sehen.

Irgendwie hab ich wohl die falsche Vorstellung davon was ein "einfach Modus" ist...

suspicion
@Raze: I give up. No chance! The Hall of Echoes kills me.

There is no trainer for the dragon. I cant move the Dragon points. I can't put them up to 10, 13 or better 1000!

Last edited by Alix; 22/03/13 07:58 PM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
Alix #461335 22/03/13 10:03 PM
Support
Support

I ran into a glitch the first time I entered the Hall of Echoes in DKS where the difficulty was impossible, but it was ok when I tried again the next day. If that doesn't help, maybe try emailing support. I made it to level 36 in the original release of D2:ED, but level 34 should be fine (that is about the average ending level, and a few people finished at level 30/31; the lowest I've seen reported was level 26, though that required a rather indirect combat strategy).

Quoting from another topic, where I described my playthrough:

I couldn't remember if you could unseal the door to the Hall of Echoes and complete that quest before actually entering, but I had a recent save, so tried that on the way back from the Gremory chest. It turns out you get the experience as you enter, so I decided to check out the Hall of Echoes, even though I had a couple minor things left to do.

In principle the changes to the memory eaters looked good [compared to the original release of D2:ED], but the difficulty spike seemed insane. A Fire Sphere could only do about 5-10% damage, and unless they were at the far end of range, there was no way to avoid their seeking attacks. I started doing ok once by taking out the first couple nests and then circling around the area high up, but by the time I took out the first memory eater there were half a dozen more, making it impossible to survive.

After dying several times, I exited to the main menu rather than load a save, then decided to give it one more shot before I went to bed, so loaded the auto-save. The game seemingly changed the difficulty level (the setting remained on Nightmare) as this time the memory eaters were easy to defeat, attacks were relatively easy to avoid and the nests seemed slower spitting out opponents. I kept going when I was done, and the arena was also fairly easy.

The next day I reloaded the save at the Gremory chest, and double checked the difficulty setting, not wanting to make it through the Hall of Echoes only because the game decided to make it easier.

Earlier I had avoided mindreading Sepp on the harbour building, since (not counting possible Wisdom bonuses) you need to have the associated skill at level 7 to get back more experience than the mindread costs. I have two pieces of equipment with +5 Mindread bonuses combined, so was originally going to put 9 points in, but in for a penny... I put 14 points in to max Mindread (bringing me down to a scant 15 spare skill points, but with another 6 available from the Hall of Echoes).

Next I returned to the battle tower and retrieved a couple pieces of dragon equipment from the chest, that had a shield skill bonus (and I put my 3 spare points into that skill), as well as the +40% defence bonus leggings (which I didn't end up needing). Earlier I removed all dragon equipment except for the Bone Dragon Cuirass (+40% hit points) and Bone Dragon Leggings (+40% offence) once I could max Firebreath, Fire Sphere, Dragon Spirit and Dragon Burst without the need for equipment spell bonuses.

I only had about 10 each of healing and rejuvenation potions, so farmed for enough ingredients to make a stack of each (while wearing my +3 Master Herbalist earrings, of course), as well as gold ore to add some enchantments to my new jewellery. The earrings had a level 4 Healing Aura enchantment, so I left it and changed the other to Static Charge; for the bracelet I removed all 3 enchantments and added Static Charge, Magic Damage Aura and a Healing Aura (my second malachite gem used).

Returning to the Hall of Echoes, the memory eaters were tough, but not nearly as much as in my first attempt (the Dragon Shield spell also helped a bit). The killers could be killed with 2 (or sometimes 3) Fire Spheres, while the generals needed 3-5, depending on how much they healed; attacks at mid range (that I could see coming) could usually be avoided. Two memory eaters at a time were not too dangerous, especially if they were close together. Three increased the difficulty, and 4 started to make things quite dangerous.

Unlike D2:ED, it was ineffective to circle around nests while using target lock (and having a flaky target lock in DKS didn't help either). I found it best if there was a memory eater in the distance when going after a nest to try and sit on the opposite side while using Firebreath (to hopefully block any seeking attacks), then hightail it out of there to avoid taking too much damage from the memory eater if it got close (fly, heal, then turn and use Fire Sphere).

The arena was fairly challenging. In the previous play session (when the game made things easy) I didn't even summon my creature, and think I only needed 1 potion. This time combat became much more hectic, with more and tougher summoned minions, which required more potions and strategic running away tactics in a couple places. My creature even died, which hasn't happened very much when it started off a fight at full health.
I'm assuming the difficulty level when I first entered the Hall of Echoes was a glitch, and the second was how it was meant to be. I don't see how it would be possible to take out all the nests with Fire Sphere doing so little damage to the memory eaters (the nests didn't seem to be particularly resistant to Firebreath). I also had a problem the first time I encountered the large group below the Grand Knight teleporter shrine in the fjords, where opponents barely took any damage, especially at long range (the next day I loaded the same save and tried again, and they took normal damage).

Raze #461341 23/03/13 08:35 AM
Alix Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks!
Seems I need a sleep! a day later I managed the part.

Now I finished this area and the game ED.
I only kill the trees until the way to the portal is open. Jump to the dragon tower to heal with potions sometimes.

The next part of the game is much easyer. (in easy mode!)
Seems in the easy mode they only make the human figths easier not the dragon figths.

Now I start the second story. FoV Lets go!

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.

Moderated by  Alix, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard