Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
think I have been trying for a while now to find a way to rid of the magic barrier in Stormfist Castle so i can store my Resurrected NPC'S as i refer to them as companion recruiting reward trophies. of course i can teleport the actual npcs there but i cant use them as companions by Aura of Command. I have them temporarily stored in Ars Magica sewer tunnels inside that prison type area with the executioner.

[Linked Image]

This can be seen in this File .once you unzip it and put it in your (YOUR DRIVE) C:\Program Files\Games\Divine Divinity\Run\savegames file. If you load the save i will be in the npc storage room, just use the teleport stone to go to the sewers and see the trophies i speak of.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

John resurrection is dead after gong cinema to teleport to the wastelands and i have been trying to fix this as well starting the game all over again.The only reason i want to transfer my trophies to stormfist castle is so they have a little more room in a fancy environment. I first tried looking through divinity files by hexworkshop for the dialogue i can't do that here.

[Linked Image]

but have not found anything. I believe if you find this dialogue you can find the reason for the magic barrier in stormfist castle.

Please Raze or anyone still paying attention to this form, HELP ME!!! thankyou

Herberto Luis Sanchez, III
Support
Support

I'm not sure what the best way would be to try to find where or how the anti-magic zone is defined...

Have you considered using the Council Hall or Cursed Abbey?

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
I have and it seems Cursed abbey is way to dark and the council hall is a little lighter but not much. Unless you know of a way how to lighten the locations, besides torches as its still dark even with them, I am still going to try to find a way to rid of the magic barrier. I might store them in the council hall and bring furniture in with my Ring of the OX with 99999999 strength thanks to DAD's Item editor.

[Linked Image]

I will update this if i get anywhere on how to hex out the no magic zone problem. thankyou for checking my post and your suggestions. I am sticking with the sewer temporarily. By the way do you still play this game?

Support
Support

Some people have used gems in their home base for lighting at night, but I don't know if they would work well over a large area. You can bump up the gamma in the graphics options, as long as that doesn't make the screen too bright outside during the day.

I occasionally load an old save to check something or get a screenshot, etc, but am not currently playing DD. I'm planning on going through D2:DC eventually with a different character build, and may play DD again before D:OS comes out (I don't normally replay games, especially when I still remember them well).

veteran
veteran
O Herbertofury, making a Ring of the OX with ... eek strength .. ?? How dare you !!?

Ever tried to drink a few strength potions? And then look at your strength ? It can become sooo high (temporary, but mostly long enough to walk further carrying an enormous Troll you've killed :hihi:
No, really serious, it's simple: drink a few strength potions ! Just to know I like it to keep it easy (don't mess with the game evil or your computer might blow up!) but that's me hahaha

Sorry for kidding you, but I can't resist my evil twin in me :hihi:

And yes I still play DD from time to time ! Then I can't resist my "addicted to Divnity games twin" in me ... to know this: most of the time in my life I can't resist his wish to be in the Divinity Universe !! If not in-game, then in my Mind ! biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Sorry have not looked at this form in a while, Thanks Raze, The Council Hall is light enough when i turn on my screen lighting on high and back down low when i am outside and i stole some furniture from Stormfist castle so that is where i am going to store my npc trophies. And that makes two of us Joram, when i am waiting for long ass Skyrim loading times suspicion i just go and play divine divinity out of urge horsey. And the only reason i am playing divine divinity again myself Raze is because i had a 2 year break from failing to get John back alive so i understand. I played this dam game 3 times and i just keep setting new goals for my self, example being trying to get in Stormfist castle. thankyou guys, it is pretty fun with people like Joram to keep me entertained and Raze to keep me thinking. I also decided to make a ring of the ox because i hate re-drinking strength potions. And so far as the game breaking i have hex edit it so dam much that i keep back up divine divinity program files on the side just in case i mess with something i am not suppose to. One time i made npc mad and it was killing everyone like the ghost from the sword in the stone.

Last edited by Herbertofury; 13/04/13 04:56 AM.

Support
Support
One time i made npc mad and it was killing everyone like the ghost from the sword in the stone.

biggrin

That would have been something to see...
I've crashed the game by hex editing the wrong thing, but that's about it for unexpected results.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard