Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I only just now pledged into the Kickstarter. I heard about the game at some conference a long time ago (E3 maybe?) and thought, "hell yes, I can't wait for this!" But had no idea it was a Kickstarter until I saw AngryJoe's little gameplay demo/interview today.

Very cool.

Anyway, I'm curious about a couple of things that I haven't really seen detailed in any of the kickstarter media or official site. Maybe these are things that have been discussed elsewhere that you guys might be aware of?

First: the game takes place in the same setting as the prior Divinity games, correct? I assume it's not a direct sequel to anything, but is it placed after the most recent game (Dragon Knight Saga, I think)?

Second: any word on side-questing? I'm wondering, will we see actual, decent sidequests (e.g. w/ narrative, player choice, dialog interaction, etc.) ala the old, classic CRPGs, or will they just be insufferably simple collection quests?

Third: Do henchmen have any personality? Special dialog/banter? I know the game is built so multiple players can "speak" in online play, but what about single-player?

I've already pledged my monies, so it's not like these questions are important enough to determine whether or not I purchase the game (raw gameplay sold me the moment I first saw it), but still, I would like to know about these things.

First question. Its a prequel to Divine Divinity, so in fact even though its still in the divinity universe.. Its set even before the stor of the first game.

Second question. See it like this.. Because there are no set chains or anything, any quest will be a sidequest. Some will count towards the story, but even those are just as randomly encountered/found as other quests (reading dialogue and talking will help you find events/quests). The best answer would be yes.. There will be a massive amount of sidequests and the thing is you will probably do most of them while searching for the continuation of the story XD

Also no... Quests like kill X amount of this and get X amount of this are strictly forbidden. Those abbominations to rob people of their fun and time will not be included laugh all the quests feel smooth and even all "sidequests" feel like a storyquestline themselfs.

Third question. Kinda.. Henchman tend to talk to eachother or you sometimes, what they say depends on their attitude towards eachother (mostly how much you have used him as meatshield etc.)
However they dont have things like full background stories, personalities, real dialogue and quests attached to that UNLESS we reach the 800K goal.
Which MIGHT happen if it keeps this speed up till the end

This all is out of my head so people may correct me where needes

Last edited by Timeraider; 23/04/13 08:39 PM.

Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin

First: the game takes place in the same setting as the prior Divinity games, correct? I assume it's not a direct sequel to anything, but is it placed after the most recent game (Dragon Knight Saga, I think)?

The game takes place before Divine Divinity (first Divinity game) so it is a prequel.

Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin

Second: any word on side-questing? I'm wondering, will we see actual, decent sidequests (e.g. w/ narrative, player choice, dialog interaction, etc.) ala the old, classic CRPGs, or will they just be insufferably simple collection quests?

There will be a lot of cool, intrigueing and deep side-quests as always in divinity games.

Third: Do henchmen have any personality? Special dialog/banter? I know the game is built so multiple players can "speak" in online play, but what about single-player?

This is a stretch goal at 800k $ on kickstarter

timeraider answerd couple minutes before i made this post, but I will keep it anyway smile

Last edited by Sawovsky; 23/04/13 08:31 PM.
Support
Support

In the first kickstarter update showing off the editor that will ship with the game, they had someone deign a Diablo inspired quest, which they called "the most stupid quest that we have in the entire game".
Even in Divine Divinity the simplest quests had a little bit more to them than straight collection quests.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Link Copied to Clipboard