Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tyros Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I hate serif fonts in games and on computer screen in general. They are hard to read as well. For some reason I'm seeing a lot of games using it now (Risen 2, Dungeon Siege 3, etc). This might seem silly but it ruins the whole game for me.

Can you guys make the dialogue font the same as the other windows (inventory, character stats)? Or at least, provide an option to change it via modding?

veteran
veteran
Pre-alpha. But yes, it is hard to read, especially when you're just watching text over someone else's head.

journeyman
journeyman
I think they want to get rid of chat bubble thing for non-game branching dialogs.
But yes, it happens to be hard to read. I think they can borrow a thing or two from classic point and click adventure games, put some black outline for the text color, works like a charm.

[Linked Image]

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis ... Sweet old school goodness ... One of the best games ever.

I like that font! smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
journeyman
journeyman
Too bad they got axed by Disney.
(Not that they were making any of those old school ones anyway.)

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
And then Larian changed the font to comic sans.
And all through the world people raised their hands and shouted at the top of their lungs.

Last edited by Affixiation; 29/04/13 10:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
What a silly thing to hate. I can't tell if this is something meant to be taken seriously. If nothing else there will be mods that take care of it if there is no option for it in the game menu.

journeyman
journeyman
It depends on how the engine design it, usually for proper text rendering they will convert ttf font into sort of text cache(like efficient alphabet image map.) But I don't know if Larian's engine does this or not on the fly, if not, yeah, you need a mod to change fonts.

old hand
old hand
It is a serif font, yes. But I still found it a very readable one.

Link Copied to Clipboard