Next Thread
Print Thread
#467666 27/06/13 12:36 AM
G
Garod Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi Folks,

Been playing for 3 hours and here some comments. Some of them you may run into in other threads so please take those as emphasizing those:

- Selecting multiple units makes using special abilities difficult. Would love to see a way when you select groups of multiple troop types allow you to use their special abilities and only those units who have them will execute them. At the moment it's very unweildly to control multiple troop types at once which is a massive disadvantage against the AI.

- on the point above it would also be nice to see some independence of units to use special abilities or a feature that they use abilities as needed (AI functionality). In battle it's next to impossible to manage due to fast pace.

- Just a suggestion but it may also be fun to simply have a map where you only fight with dragons against one another and have like an areal battle. Maybe allow selection of available troops so people can only spawn x amount of dragons. For each dragon kill they gain a couple of troops back

- AI needs some tweaking in general, at higher levels you are completely overrun in minutes (although that may just be because I suck).

- Some slower game play options may be nice, I'm not the young sprig anymore and the pace is sometimes insanely high.

- Dragon fireball range is a little short, could do with a tad more distance maybe? At the moment it feels like you almost have to be on top of the unit to actually shoot it.

that's all so far.

Will add more later

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
G
Garod Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi folks here some more things this time in the campaign mode:

- Building a research lab gives 0% research cost reduction?

- deck of cards stopped showing so I couldn't play any more cards

- would be nice to receive a more clear message when your research is done, currently it's really easy to miss and too small.

- no way to combine troops again once you've split them

- allies are taking your areas if you don't have troops on them, is that intentional? I would have thought allies simply move over fields you control without taking ownership

- zeppelins vanished from the list of units I was able to create

- also couldn't scroll all the way to the bottom of the units in the build screen, so had trouble making one of my unit types

Last edited by Garod; 27/06/13 10:02 AM.

If you select multiple troops that have abilities, you can cycle through the unit tabs by pressing TAB and you will still be in control of the full group but able to use skills per unit type.

Dragon fireball range is a delicate balance issue, too much and the dragon is too powerful - too little & the dragon is useless wink.

Game speed is coming soon to a beta build near you!

G
Garod Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ohh thanks for the info on using TAB to cycle through them, that's great.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Issh
If you select multiple troops that have abilities, you can cycle through the unit tabs by pressing TAB

Are there more of these secret mystic arcane occult shortcuts you don't want to tell anyone about? smile

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran

Game speed is coming soon to a beta build near you!

YEAH, best announcement today! smile

WOOS
Originally Posted by ForkTong
If you select multiple troops that have abilities, you can cycle through the unit tabs by pressing TAB

Are there more of these secret mystic arcane occult shortcuts you don't want to tell anyone about? smile

I can assure you its in the manual laugh

old hand
old hand
Like double click on a unit?
CTRL click on a unit?
That too?

Tweeting @forktong
"Selecting units and movement of units"-section in the manual for all your mystic shortcut needs!

veteran
veteran
Even more secret shortcuts:

With a building or unit selected, Hold shift and right-click and it will create a point for the units to go to. Continue clicking and the units will follow that path - useful to send them to capture a bunch of construction sites without you micromanging them. To get units to Patrol in a circle or something, I think it's shift plus left-click in patrol mode, and make sure the final point is where the first point is. I'll check.

G
Garod Offline OP
OP Offline
G
One more thing, please can you fix the starting locations for the host player or let people select starting positions. In a multiplayer campaign the host is simply screwd to be honest.. I just played someone and had all 3 capitals before he even got close to me... that just means instant loss

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard