Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nuju Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm quiet excited for this game, it looks amazing! laugh
However having years of starcraft, I'm used to real time strategy, after playing a few games I'm addicted to playing as the dragon too, however while in dragon form there's no command card. frown I could imagine that being an issue while in dragon mode but I also noticed that some of the hotkeys from what you may expect, have allready been changed for the camera movement (WASD) So I was wondering what the harm was in allowing command cards to show while in dragon mode to continue having your army buff eachother and better follow your orders while having fun burning down the village 2 feet over!
On a very similar note, I've thought about control groups, again having played starcraft I find them very useful, and as they are used in dragon commander, they aren't in dragon mode, simple hotkey useage (1-9) is allready taken up, shift+1, or control+1 add or set control groups, while in dragon form maybe shift+1 could select the units in some way? Or control and shift, and 1? It would take less time to switch between dragon and overview mode, and hurt the battle a lot less by doing so. Otherwise you have to leave the battle, macro up, wait for the dragon to be readied again, then spawn back in.

Support
Support

There are limited command functions in dragon mode, primarily for balancing reasons (if you could build and micromanage in dragon mode, then there would be little reason for RTS mode). F2 selects all units, F3 all nearby units, F4 all units around your target, and Q commands them to 'attack / move'.

Nuju Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
True, but then again the title IS "dragon" commander. wink - I still think it's a nice idea though, because even while flying around it's not as great of a map view than in overview, and you risk getting sniped, or flanked, not that it would really happen.. :P - Still my personal preference though that I think would be really nice, especially when you spend ALL your time as a dragon, or trying to defend your base @ the last minute and have nothing left but some factorys. wink

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard